Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for Central Government Employees
DoPT Circulars, Notifications and Orders on MACP – FAQ on MACP Scheme
MACP Rules and Regulations
MACP Financial Upgradation according to the benchmark of Central Government employees. Benchmark clarification under MACP is given in the latest Dopt orders 2018. MACP rules also changing in accordance with the situation raised by the Union and Federations of CG Employees. The main anomaly in the 3rd Financial up-gradation (3rd MACP) when an employee earned two promotions under MACP, he will not suppose to be upgraded to the next level. Even Court orders granting the promotion of an individual case.
All MACP Rules and orders are applicable to the employees of Indian Railways. 7th pay commission recommendations on the MACP scheme are also applicable for railway employees.
All Dopt Orders, Circulars, and Clarifications on MACP Scheme
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2023
Get all the latest updates on the MACP Scheme 2023 with the official Dopt Order. Get started now!
- ACP-MACP: Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme – Compilation of all relevant instructions
- MACP in Promotional Hierarchy – DoPT Clarification on 5 April 2021
- Clarification on MACP Grade Pay 4200 to 4600 Inspector Posts
- MACP on completion of 10, 20, 30 Years of Service or 10 years of service after previous promotion
- Grant of Benefits from 1.1.2006 instead of 1.9.2008 under the MACP – Dopt Order 30.9.2020
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2021
Get Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2021 for efficient career growth and improved benefits. Get the latest updates on MACP Scheme 2021 here.
- MACP Clarification on Benchmark Fit and Unfit based on APAR grading December 4, 2021
- MACP in Promotional Hierarchy – DoPT Clarification on 5 April 2021 April 6, 2021
- MACP to Station Master in Railways – NFIR writes to Railway Board March 25, 2021
- Clarification on MACP Grade Pay 4200 to 4600 Inspector Posts February 11, 2021
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2020
Get the latest 2020 Dopt Order on the MACP Scheme with all the information you need to make informed decisions.
- MACP on completion of 10, 20, 30 Years of Service or 10 years of service after previous promotion November 12, 2020
- Grant of Benefits from 1.1.2006 instead of 1.9.2008 under the MACP – Dopt Order 30.9.2020 October 6, 2020
- 7th CPC Fixation of Pay on grant of benefit under MACP – Extension of benefit of entry level pay September 28, 2020
- Grant of 2nd ACP Scheme during 1.1.2006 to 31.8.2008 and 3rd MACP: ACP-MACP Clarification September 14, 2020
- Fixation of pay on grant of benefit under Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) September 11, 2020
- Grant of financial upgradation under Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme July 30, 2020
- Review of Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme (MFCS) July 7, 2020
- Officials who declined ad-hoc LSG promotion are eligible for financial upgradation under MACP June 11, 2020
- 7th Pay Commission Promotion and MACP Calculation Tool June 9, 2020
- MACP (on completion of 10, 20, 30 Years of Service or 10 years of service after previous promotion) to AAOs, Senior Auditor, Adr, Clerk, MTS May 25, 2020
- Grant of 3rd MACP in GP 6600 without counting NFG as one financial upgradation May 14, 2020
- Constitution of Screening Committee for MACP February 12, 2020
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2019
Get the latest information on the Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2019 from the official government website. Learn about the eligibility criteria and how to apply.
- Grant of Financial Upgradations under MACP – Screening Committee November 9, 2019
- 3rd MACP to Superintendent – Who were granted non-functional grade pay in GP 5400 in PB-2 October 30, 2019
- 7th CPC MACP Rules and Regulations – Latest Dopt Clarification on MACP Scheme October 25, 2019
- MACP Clarification as per rules and regulations 2019 October 13, 2019
- Latest Clarification on MACP Scheme – Jr. Cashier promoted from the post of Sr. Shroff October 6, 2019
- 3rd MACP in GP Rs. 4600 to Master Craftsmen (MCM) – NC JCM Staff Side September 30, 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level-9 for Station Masters September 16, 2019
- Fixation of Pay on Regular Promotion and NFSG under MACP – DoPT August 29, 2019
- Clarification on ACP Benefit from GP 4200 to 4600 from 1.1.2006 – DoP August 27, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Scheme for CG Employees June 13, 2019
- Clarification on MACP Benchmark to Railway Employees – RBE No.86/2019 May 30, 2019
- MACP to SSE-Drawing (formerly Diploma Holder Tracers) appointed against DR quota vacancies as Assistant Draftsman May 22, 2019
- Grant of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Financial Up-gradation under MACP – PCAFYS Orders May 20, 2019
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) – Collection of DoPT Orders May 8, 2019
- MACP for Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ Telecommunication Employees – Orders issued on 30.4.2019 May 8, 2019
- Pay Fixation on MACP from the DNI – Clarification Orders issued by MoD May 3, 2019
- MACP to Station Master category in Railway – NFIR April 15, 2019
- DoP Clarification on MACP Benchmark March 14, 2019
- GP 6600 after 20 years to ACP Inspectors – Hyderabad CCA March 9, 2019
- MACP Bench Mark – High Court of Delhi Circular March 7, 2019
- MACP Grading – Enhancement of Benchmark January 18, 2019
- Not feasible to extend the Benefits of MACP during Jan to Aug 2008 January 11, 2019
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2018
Get your Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2018. Get the latest updates on the Government of India orders and policies related to MACP Scheme 2018.
- 7th CPC MACP Anomalies- NFIR December 28, 2018
- Grant Non Functional GP 5400 to Inspectors under ACP/MACP – CBDT Orders dt.6.12.2018 December 8, 2018
- Upgradation of Pay – CAT Principal Bench Judgement November 30, 2018
- Bombay High Court Judgement dt. 15.10.18 on MACP 2022 November 22, 2018
- Bombay High Court Judgement On MACP October 23, 2018
- MACP in Promotional Hierarchy – AlCAEA October 12, 2018
- Option for Fixation of Pay on MACPS – Finmin Orders dt.18.6.2018 October 5, 2018
- MACP Option for Fixation of Pay on Promotion from DNI – Clarification order issued by Railway Board September 21, 2018
- Pay Fixation from DNI on MACPS – DOPT Clarification dt. 20.9.2018 September 20, 2018
- Clarifications regarding payment of Breakdown Allowance – RBE 138/2018 September 18, 2018
- ACP & MACP Schemes for the CG Civilian Employees including Railway employees August 27, 2018
- MACP Joint Committee: Implementing MACP Effect From Jan 2006 August 12, 2018
- MACP Benchmark – Clarification issued by MoD July 13, 2018
- MACP to Nursing personnel – Railway Board Order June 22, 2018
- Application of “Very Good” bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS May 30, 2018
- Financial Upgradation and NFG to Pharmacists under MACP April 23, 2018
- MACP to teaching staff of KVs March 19, 2018
- Application of “Very Good” bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS March 17, 2018
- Criteria of Benchmarking for MACP – AIRF & NFIR March 6, 2018
- Clarification regarding benchmark for MACP after 25.07.2016 February 7, 2018
- Grant of MACP to the SOMs/Sr. PWSs of the Civil Engineering Department – AIRF January 26, 2018
- Demands of Technical Supervisors is under consideration said Member Staff – IRTSA January 26, 2018
- MACP Scheme Effective from 1.1.2006 instead of 1.9.2008 – NC JCM Staff Side January 24, 2018
- Delhi HC Judgement on MACP January 5, 2018
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2017
Get the latest Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) Order on Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) Scheme 2017 from this product.
- 7th CPC MACP Financial Upgradation for JCO/OR – Illustration December 9, 2017
- 7th CPC MACP Financial Upgradation for JCO/OR December 9, 2017
- Benchmarking for financial upgradation under MACPS – AIRF December 4, 2017
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme(MACP) for the Central Government Employees – DoPT Clarification on 13.7.2017 July 13, 2017
- Grant of MACP/ACP benefit to SAS qualified officers appointed to the post of Section Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer – CGDA Orders June 23, 2017
- Recommendations of 7th CPC on benchmark for the purpose of MACPS – Clarification May 24, 2017
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme in the promotional hierarchy April 16, 2017
- Judgement on MACP – High Court of Madras 2022 March 28, 2017
- No ACP/MACP Promotional Scheme for KV Employees March 27, 2017
- Benchmark for Regular Promotion and MACP March 6, 2017
- MACP and National Anomaly Committee Issues – Confederation February 17, 2017
- Reckoning GP 4200 PB-2 as entry grade pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS February 13, 2017
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2016
Get the latest Dopt Order on the MACP Scheme 2016 from the Department of Personnel & Training. Discover the important details on the scheme and its benefits.
- MACPS to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good – Railway Board Orders December 25, 2016
- 4600 Grade Pay for Industrial Employees – MoD Order on 19.10.2016 October 20, 2016
- 7th CPC on MACP – NFIR opposes the benchmark ‘Very Good’ October 4, 2016
- Dopt orders on MACP – Benchmark to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good for all the posts October 2, 2016
- Granting of financial upgradation under ACP / MACP Scheme to Durwan of Ord & Ord Equipment Fys – BPMS September 27, 2016
- Grant of 6600 GP as 3rd MACP to Nursing Personnel in Railways – NFIR September 13, 2016
- MACPS benefits in the promotional hierarchy – Clarification orders issued by Dopt on 17.5.2016 May 17, 2016
- MACP on Promotional Hierarchy – Requests the Hon’ble PM to Withdraw the SLP from Supreme Court May 7, 2016
- Clarification on ACP – MACP : BPMS March 8, 2016
- Demand for MACP in promotional Hierarchy has been dismissed – Dopt Orders March 1, 2016
- MACPS on Promotional Hierarchy – NFIR February 27, 2016
- Grant of 3rd MACP in GP 4600 for Record Supplier, Blue Printer in Defence Establishments January 22, 2016
- Grant of MACP benefit in the promotional hierarchy – Copy of the stay order passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court January 20, 2016
- Record Note of Discussions on MACP anomalies – Minutes published by Railway Board January 19, 2016
- Entitlement of financial up-gradation under ACP/MACP for Pharmacist – NFIR January 19, 2016
- Grant of financial up-gradation to JE/SSE under MACP – NFIR January 11, 2016
- Granting of 4600 GP who got 5000-8000 prior to 31.12.2005 under ACP-II – INDWF January 7, 2016
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACPS in the Promotional Hierarchy (instead of Grade Pay Hierarchy) – NFIR January 6, 2016
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2015
Get the latest Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2015 and find out how your pay grade will be affected.
- MACP on Promotional Hierarchy – Written reply in Parliament December 24, 2015
- 7th CPC recommended to extend the benefit of MACP to DSC Personnel December 15, 2015
- MACP scheme for Defence Service personnel – No marked change in 7th CPC Report December 10, 2015
- Assessment of INDWF on 7th CPC Recommendations – Fitment, Annual Increment MACP and Cadre Review December 9, 2015
- MACP for Non-Gazetted Administrative Posts December 5, 2015
- Grand 1st, 2nd and 3rd MACP Upgradation under MACP – PCAFYS Circular October 14, 2015
- ACP – NON IMPLEMENTATION OF GOVT’S ORDER IN KV August 25, 2015
- Grant of 3% increment due to financial upgradation in the same Grade Pay – OFB Orders on 10.7.2015 July 13, 2015
- Grievances of Railway Staff on MACP anomalies – Railway Board meeting with AIRF & NFIR May 18, 2015
- Pay Fixation on MACP as per 6th Pay Commission – Some Illustrations May 15, 2015
- Why the 6th Pay Commission was so unique..? – CGEN.in Report April 13, 2015
- Clarification on MACP Scheme – Employees joining in Grade Pay of Rs.4600 on direct recruitment March 11, 2015
- Dopt Orders on MACP – Granting of MACP benefits as and when the employees become eligible February 18, 2015
- MACP scheme is a challenge for 7th pay commission January 28, 2015
- MACP on Promotion Hierarchy: Appeal to contribute for expenditure to fight the case in Supreme Court January 22, 2015
- Clarification on 2nd ACP to Senior Accountants of CCAS cadre – NFCAA January 21, 2015
- MACP Scheme – CGHS Facility – CPF to GPF to KVS Employees January 6, 2015
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2014
Learn how to apply the Department of Personnel & Training Order on MACP Scheme 2014, including eligibility, pay scales, and more.
- MACP Clarification issued by Dopt – Regarding Recommendations of the Screening Committee December 11, 2014
- JCM (Staff Side) Secretary writes to Secretary of Dopt regarding financial upgradation in the next promotional grade Hierarchy under MACP September 4, 2014
- AN APPEAL FOR GRANTING MACP TO THE NEXT PROMOTIONAL HIRERCHY–TKR PILLAI August 11, 2014
- JCM National Council Secretary Stresses for Promotional Hierarchy under MACP June 12, 2014
- Implementation of 2nd & 3rd upgradation under MACP Scheme in Railways – AIRF May 8, 2014
- 5th CPC had ACP, 6th CPC had MACP; what does 7th CPC have? April 9, 2014
- MACP benefits on the basis of Promotional Hierarchy..! April 8, 2014
- Instructions given by Dopt on ACP / MACP to Ordnance Employees April 7, 2014
- Grant of MACP benefit to the eligible employees in the hierarchy of promotional grade: Compliance of CAT Principal Bench Directive on 12.03.2014 in OA No. 864/2014 – BPMS March 30, 2014
- Regular Promotion for Central Govt Employees – MACP Upgradation and Pay Fixation March 20, 2014
- Railway Board clarification orders on 3rd MACP after 20-year service February 8, 2014
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP scheme-wrongful clarification issued by Railway Board – NFIR Letter January 5, 2014
Dopt Order on MACP Scheme 2013
“Stay up to date! Get the latest DOPT Order on the MACP Scheme 2013 to ensure you are informed about the changes and updates.”
- MACP-An Unsettled Issue Of Sixth Pay Commission Recommendation December 17, 2013
- CPWD Orders – Implementation of MACPS to the cadre of JEs of CPWD… November 27, 2013
FAQ related to MACP Scheme for CG Employees:
What is MACP in the 7th pay commission?
The 7th pay commission recommended the most expected demand of the Central Govt employees of promotion on pay hierarchy, not in the grade pay system. Before the 7th CPC, the financial benefit under the scheme was on the Grade Pay hierarchy only. Now, the Central Govt had accepted and implemented the major recommendation of financial up-gradation that should be given to the individual of the pay hierarchy system.
What is the MACP Rule?
MACP rule only adopts those who have not been promoted in ten, twenty, and thirty years of their long service. Without any promotion in ten years of continuous service, will get the next higher grade with all financial benefits.
Who are eligible for MACP?
Those who are not getting any promotion in 10, 20, and 30 years of continuous service, are eligible for financial up-gradation under this scheme.
What is the benefit of MACP?
Salary increment in the name of promotion. Those who are not getting any promotion in 10, 20, and 30 years of service, will get promotional benefits under MACP Scheme.
What is MACP?
The full form of MACP is the ‘Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme’ recommended by the 6th Pay Commission. MACP is also a promotional scheme for Central Government employees. It is just a modified and upgraded scheme of ACP.
What is ACP?
The full form of ACP is the ‘Assured Career Progression Scheme’ recommended by the 5th Pay Commission. ACP is a promotional scheme for Central Government employees.