Benchmark for Regular Promotion and MACP – Existing methodology and benchmarks for Promotion, as enumerated in the Railway Board’s letters may continue till further orders.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi,dated 03.03.2017
The General Managers (P)
All Indian Railways & PUs.
(As per standard list)
Sub: Revised classification and mode of filling up of non-gazetted posts – Scheme for filling up of vacancies after 31.12.2016.
Ref: Board’s letters of even no dated 03.09.2009, 07.06.2010, 21.11.2011, 23.05.2012, 15.1.2013, 24.05.2013, 03.01.2014, 16.06.2014, 31.12.2014 & 09.02.2016 on the above subject.
Attention is drawn to Board’s order issued on 03.09.2009, consequent upon implementation of 6th CPC recommendations, regarding mode of filling up of Non-gazetted posts consequent upon merger of grades. The above scheme of such mode of filling up of non-gazetted posts has since been extended from time to time, last validity being till 31.12.2016.
2. 7th CPC, in its report in para 5.1.45 has recommended that benchmark for performance appraisal for MACP as well as for regular promotion be enhanced from ‘Good” to ‘Very Good’. While recommendation for MACP has been accepted by Government and instructions in this regard have been issued vide Board’s letter No.PC-V/2016/MACPS /1 dated 19.12.2016 (RBE No.155/2016), the issue regarding benchmark for regular promotion is still examination in consultation with DoP&T.
3. Accordingly, it has been decided by the Board that till such time instructions for benchmark for regular promotion are issued, the existing methodology and benchmarks for Promotion, as enumerated in the Board’s letters referred to above, may continue till further orders.
Please acknowledge receipt of this letter.
Check other updates on MACP:
- Clarification on Benchmark grade in ACR – DoPT issued on 9.7.2019
- Clarification regarding benchmark for MACP after 25.07.2016
- Clarification on MACP Benchmark to Railway Employees – RBE No.86/2019
- MACP Grading – Enhancement of Benchmark
- Benchmark for Regular Promotion and MACP
- 7th CPC on MACP – NFIR opposes the benchmark ‘Very Good’
- Dopt orders on MACP – Benchmark to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good for all the posts
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply