7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation on Promotion and MACP Calculator
If designation or grade of the post changed due to promotion, salary computation is more important as per the existing rules for Government employees. We provide here a simple tool to determine your new salary!
Pay Fixation on Promotion after MACP in Same Grade Pay: The main anomaly has been removed in 7th pay commission after implemented the revised pay rules to Central Government employees with effect from 1.1.2016.
DA and DR Restored! | 28% DA and DR from July 2021 | No Arrears for the Freezing Period | July 2021 DA is Pending! | Click to Know More
MACP Scheme Rules and Regulations in the 7th Pay Commission
Assured Career Progression Scheme (ACP Scheme) is a great promotional scheme for Central Government employees recommended by 5th CPC. And the 6th CPC little more favorable modification made in the old scheme and introduced as Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACP).
Then the 7th Pay Commission has recommended an important rectification in the scheme, which is MACP granted in their own hierarchy.
Pay Fixation on Promotion/MACP Calculator as per 7th Pay Commission with Steps showing in Pay Matrix Table.
PAY FIXATION METHOD: ONE INCREMENT SHALL BE GIVEN IN THE SAME LEVEL AND PLACED EQUAL OR NEXT HIGHER AMOUNT IN THE PROMOTED LEVEL.[Note: All the figures are indicative]
Pay Fixation on Promotion or MACP Calculator as per 7th CPC
|Pay Fixation Calculator Type||Method of salary fixation on promotion or MACP|
|Pay Fixation Calculator Beneficiaries||Central Government Employees|
|Pay Fixation Calculator Introduced||December 2016|
|Pay Fixation Calculator Updated||December 2017|
|Pay Fixation Calculator Inputs||Existing and promoted pay level, basic pay and DNI|
|Pay Fixation Calculator Results||Basic salary after promotion or MACP|
|Pay Fixation Calculator Method||Prescribed in 7th Pay Commission Report|
|Pay Fixation Calculator Feature||Basic steps are indicated in 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table|
Pay Fixation on Promotion Software
7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion or MACP Examples
Pay Fixation in the New Pay Structure
Fitment Factor for CG Employees: Uniform Fitment factor of 2.57 is being proposed to be applied uniformly for all employees.
It includes a factor of 2.25 on account of DA neutralisation, assuming that the rate of Dearness Allowance would be 125 per cent at the time of implementation of the new pay. [Para 5.1.27 in 7th CPC Report]
Fitment Factor for Defence Personnel: The starting point of a Sepoy (and equivalent), the entry-level personnel in the defence forces, has been fixed in the Defence Pay Matrix at Rs.21,700.
The fitment in the new matrix is essentially multiple factors of 2.57. This multiple is the ratio of the new minimum pay arrived at by the Commission (Rs.18,000) and the existing minimum pay (Rs.7,000). The fitment factor is being applied uniformly to all employees.
An identical fitment of 2.57 has also been applied to the existing rates of Military Service Pay (MSP), applicable to Defence forces personnel only [Para 5.2.7 in 7th CPC Report]
Pay Fixation Chart on Promotion
- Check 6th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion Calculator
- Click here to view the Pay Matrix Table as per recommendations of 7th CPC issued on 25.7.2016
- Click here to view the 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table as per Gazette Notification issued on 16.5.2017
7th CPC MACP Scheme
ACP and MACP Schemes are Promotional Schemes for Central Government Employees. ACP was introduced by the 5th Central Pay Commission and MACP was further modified the earlier scheme of ACP and recommended by 6th CPC. [Click to read in detail]
How to do Pay Fixation on Promotion or MACP?
- As per the consolidated guidelines issued by the Department of Personnel and Training on 22nd October 2019
7th CPC MACP Scheme
7th Pay Commission Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACP Scheme) for the Central Government Civilian Employees
- MACP Pay fixation procedure
- MACP Option rules
- MACP Date of next increment
- MACP Orders
- MACP Clarification
- MACP Screening Committee
- Click to read continue
Dopt Orders on MACP
- DoPT Circulars, Notifications and Orders on MACP – FAQ on MACP Scheme. MACP Financial Upgradation according to the benchmark of Central Government employees. Benchmark clarification under MACP given in the latest Dopt orders 2018. MACP rules also changing in accordance with the situation raised by the Union and Federations of CG Employees. [Click to read continue]
Pay Fixation Option Calculator | Promotion Pay Fixation calculator FR 22(1)a(1) | Pay Fixation on Promotion Software
List of Latest Salary and DA Calculator for CG Employees:
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator Updated Oct 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion MACP Calculator
- Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
- Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator with AICPIN
- DA Loss Calculation for CG Employees
- DR (Dearness Relief) Loss in Pension Calculator for Govt Pensioners
- How to Calculate Basic Salary in India?
- Expected DA Calculator for Bank Employees from August 2020
- Expected DA Calculator from Jan 2021
- Expected DA Calculator from July 2021
- Leave encashment Calculator for CG Employees
7th Pay Commission Other Topics
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission DA Rates Table
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Scheme
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Increment
- 7th Pay Commission House Rent Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Classification of Posts
- 7th Pay Commission LTC Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Leave Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission House Building Advance
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Table
- 7th Pay Commission Advances
- 7th Pay Commission CGEGIS
- 7th Pay Commission Risk & Hardship Allowances
FAQ on Pay Fixation
7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation FAQ:
What is the difference between ACP and MACP?
ACP was introduced by the 6th CPC and the scheme was beneficial for those who were not getting any promotion in 12 and 24 years of continuous service. MACP scheme is introduced by 7th CPC and the revised scheme has assured three financial upgradations those who are not availed in 10, 20, and 30 years of continuous service without any promotion.
How many years are required for MACP?
10 years of continuous service without promotion is the first eligibility for MACP. And also 20 years and 30 years of continuous service without any promotion are criteria for MACP.
Is MACP a promotion?
MACP is not a promotion, it is the up-gradation of pay only. The regular promotion has so many criteria but, MACP has only one criterion.
How pay fixation is done on MACP in 7th pay commission?
After 1.1.2016, first granting one increment in the same pay level and select an equal or higher amount in the promoted pay matrix level is the procedure for MACP.
How to fix the pay on promotion after 7th pay commission?
As per Revised pay rules 2016, one increment should be given at the existing level and locate the equal or higher value in the next or promoted pay level.