7th Pay Commission DA Calculation
How to calculate DA on Salary? and How to calculate DA on Pension?
You can check the current status of DA on basic salary: Select your current basic salary as per pay matrix level and click the ‘Calculate’ button. The tool will show the amount of Dearness Allowance with the old and expected percentage of DA.
DA Online Calculator
|Tool Name||DA Online Calculator|
|Beneficiaries||Central Govt Employees|
|Input Details||Pay Matrix Level and Basic Pay|
|Output Details||Amount of Dearness Allowance (Current Rate)|
|Tool Feature||Previous rate and Expected rate of DA %|
|Developed by||TEUT Digital Concepts|
Suspension of DA is revoked!
The Union Cabine Committee has decided to withdraw the temporary suspension on a hike of additional Dearness Allowance for CG Employees and Pensioners with effect from 1st July 2021.
The accumulated rate of Dearness Allowance (3 instalments are Jan 2020, Jul 2020 and Jan 2021) is 28% effective from 1.7.2021. The next additional instalment of DA from July 2021 is pending!
How to Calculate DA and Arrears for Govt Employees?
VDA (Variable Dearness Allowance) is not applicable to Central Govt Employees. Variable Dearness Allowance is different from Dearness Allowance
What is DA in salary?
The DA (Dearness Allowance) is the major element in the salary structure of Government employees. This increment is given twice in a year for compensating the price of essential commodities.
How to calculate Dearness Allowance (DA) in Salary?
DA calculation is very simple. The current rate of Dearness allowance multiply with your basic salary is Dearness allowance. For example, the existing rate of percentage is 12%, if your basic salary is Rs. 49000. The DA is (49000 x 12) /100.
How to Calculate DA and DR Percentage of CG Employees and Pensioners?
Every six months the Government of India has declared a particular percentage of DA and DR for its employees and pensioners for tackling the price hike in essential commodities. If you want to calculate the percentage of DA and DR for a particular month, you need the Consumer Price Index (AICPIN) for 12 months of previous months’ data.
If you want to calculate the exact percentage of ‘DA from January’ or ‘DA from July’ of any year, you have to know the 18 months of previous AICPIN data. For example, if you want to know the DA percentage of September 2019, you need the AICPIN data from the month of October 2018 to September 2019. The percentage will be an effect from October 2019.
All India Consumer Price Index (AICPIN)
Dearness allowance is calculated based on All India Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers Base Year 2001=100. The index has been released by the Labour Bureau for every month.
6th CPC DA Percentage = (12 Monthly Average – 115.76) / 115.76 x 100 (ignore decimals)
7th CPC DA Percentage = (12 Monthly Average) – 261.42) / 261.42 x 100(ignore decimals)
Check also: 7th Pay Commission DA Chart
For example, If we calculate the DA for the month of January 2018, we need 12 months of AICPIN data from January 2017 to December 2017. Now see the table, how da is calculated:
|Month / Year||AICPIN|
|Total of 12 Months of AICPIN||3374|
|Average of 12 Months of AICPIN||281.17|
|DA Fitment (Linking) Factor (261.42)||7.55|
|DA for the month of January 2018||7%|
How to Calculate DA on Basic Pension for Central Government Pensioners
Dearness Allowance (DA) is the same meaning for Dearness Relief (DR). But the DA is applicable for existing government employees and the DR is applicable for retired government employees (pensioners).
DA is calculated based on their basic salary and the DR is calculated based on their basic pension. For example, if an employee’s basic salary is 18000 and if a pensioner’s basic pension is 9000, then the calculation of DA and DR will be as follows:
- Basic Salary: 18000 x 21% = 3780
- Basic Pension: 9000 x 21% = 1890
DA from January 2018: 6th CPC DA from Jan 2018 is 142% and 6th CPC DA from July 2018 is 148%
How to Calculate DA for Defence Personnel
The calculation of DA is same for Defence Forces Personnel at par with Central Government Employees. But the order will be issued by the concern ministry.
DA Calculation with example
|DA Calculation for May 2019|
|AICPIN 314 Points|
|12 Month Total||3648 (291 + 301 + 301 + 301 + 302 + 302 + 301 + 307 + 307 + 309 + 312 + 314)|
|12 Month Average||304.00 (3648/12)|
|Increased Over 261.42||16.29 (304.00-261.42) / 261.42) * 100|
Also check: DA Rates from 1986 to 2015
What is difference between DA and DR?
Dearness allowance and Dearness allowance, both are same, but DA is granting for existing Central Government employees and DR is granting for retired Central Government employees. DA for existing CG employees and DR for CG Pensioners.
What is the meaning of ‘DA Freeze’?
The meaning of ‘Freezing of DA’ (Freezing of Dearness Allowance) is just stopped for some time. Once in six months, a particular percentage of Dearness Allowance is being granted additionally to CG Employees and Pensioners. This DA increment has stopped temporarily for 18 months from 1st January 2020 to 30th June 2021. [Click to know more]
Basic + DA Calculation Sheet
Basic plus DA (Dearness Allowance) Calculation Sheet:
|Pay Matrix Level||Basic Salary||17% DA|
|Pay Level -1||18000||Rs. 3,060|
|Pay Level -2||19900||Rs. 3,383|
|Pay Level -3||21700||Rs. 3,689|
|Pay Level -4||25500||Rs. 4,335|
|Pay Level -5||29200||Rs. 4,964|
|Pay Level -6||35400||Rs. 6,018|
|Pay Level -7||44900||Rs. 7,633|
|Pay Level -8||47600||Rs. 8,092|
|Pay Level -9||53100||Rs. 9,027|
|Pay Level -10||56100||Rs. 9,537|
|Pay Level -11||67700||Rs. 11,509|
|Pay Level -12||78800||Rs. 13,396|
DA Loss Calculation for CG Employees
17% fixed DA for 18 months from January 2020 to June 2021 for Central Government Employees and Pensioners [Click to read more]
DR (Dearness Relief) Loss Pension Calculator for Govt Pensioners
After implemented an important order issued by the Finance Ministry under the title of “Freezing of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief” on 23rd April 2020, all Central Government pensioners including Railways are wishing to know their total contribution to the Govt. [Click to read full story]
What are the 7th CPC’s Recommendations Regarding Dearness Allowance?
Dearness Allowance is one of the important issues that the Pay Commission deals with.
The calculation method that was recommended by the 6th Pay Commission was radically different from the ones suggested by all the previous Pay Commissions.
Dearness Allowance, which was increasing by 1 or 2% until the 5th Pay Commission suddenly shot up to double-digit numbers. Until the 5th CPC, the All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial Workers 1982 = 100 was used for calculating dearness allowance. From the 6th Pay Commission onwards, CPI (IW) 2001 = 100 was used for calculating the DA.
There was another crucial change that the 6th CPC made. it recommended that the Reference Base Index be changed from 306.33. As a result, 115.76 became the new Reference Base Index from 01.01.2006 onwards.
The report says…
The Commission assuming that the rate of Dearness Allowance would be 125 percent at the time of implementation of the new pay.
The Dearness Allowance (DA) is paid to Central Government employees to adjust the cost of living and to protect their Basic Pay from erosion in the real value on account of inflation. Presently, DA is based on the All India Consumer Price Index (Industrial Workers).
The JCM-Staff Side has suggested that the existing formula for the calculation of DA may continue.
Analysis and Recommendations
The VI CPC had recommended that the National Statistical Commission may be asked to explore the possibility of a specific survey covering government employees exclusively, so as to construct a consumption basked representative of government employees and formulate a separate index. This has, however, not been done.
Keeping in mind that the present formulation of DA has worked well over the years, and there are no demands for its alteration, the Commission recommends continuance of the existing formula and methodology for calculating the Dearness Allowance.
The prices of all items have been sourced from Labor Bureau, Shimla. These prices are used in the calculation of the CPI (IW) and subsequently the calculation of Dearness Allowance. In the current exercise the prices of all items are for the period July 2014-June 2015 and have been used in the calculation of DA at 119 percent operative from 01.07.2015.
- Read: Click to view the 6th CPC DA Table from 2006 to 2015
- Read: Click to view 7th CPC DA Table
- Read: Click to view the 6th CPC DA Table
- Read: 7th CPC Pay Scale Calculator from 1.1.2016
- Read: How is da calculated for bank employees?
Top Developments on 7th CPC DA Calculation
- CG employees retired during the period from Jan 2020 to June 2021: Calculation of Gratuity and Leave Encashment September 9, 2021
- Grant DA Arrears between January 2020 to July 2021 – Confederation September 3, 2021
- DA Arrears from January 2020 to CG Employees and Pensioners – IRTSA August 1, 2021
- Restoration of Benefit of DA/DR in Accordance with Fitment Factor as per 7th CPC July 29, 2021
- 28% Dearness Relief Order July 2021 for Pensioners July 22, 2021
- Revision of Rate of VDA from April 2021: Railway Board Order June 28, 2021
- Grant of Dearness Relief to SRPF beneficiaries – Railway Board Order 8.4.2021 April 10, 2021
- Release of 3 installments of DA to CG Employees and Pensioners – Confederation January 25, 2021
- Payment of DA to CG employees at current rates – Confederation January 17, 2021
- DA from Jan 2021 for West Bengal Govt Employees December 18, 2020
- DA Percentage Calculation for August 2020 October 7, 2020
- Consumer Price Index for the month of July 2020 with Chart September 1, 2020
- DA hike news June 2020 for Central Govt employees and Pensioners June 27, 2020
- DA Calculation News from July 2020 June 9, 2020
- Withdraw the decision on Freezing of DA and DR to Railway Employees May 15, 2020
- Revised Variable Dearness Allowance (Minimum Wages) from April 2020 May 12, 2020
- Variable Dearness Allowance – Revised VDA (Minimum Wages) for Agriculture employees from April 2020 May 11, 2020
- Freezing of DA and DR: IRTSA appeal to credit the Additional DA to Provident Fund May 7, 2020
- Expected DA July 2020 Calculation – 3rd Stage is over! May 1, 2020
- BSNL Employees and AIIEA Oppose Govt Decision to Freeze DA Increase April 29, 2020
- Freezing of DA and DR: Loss of 18 months DA is equal to one and half month basic salary April 27, 2020
- DA or Dearness Allowance Latest News April 25, 2020
- National Council (Staff Side) Protest against freezing of DA and DR to CG Employees and Pensioners April 24, 2020
- Confederation strongly oppose DA and DR Freezing – Press Statement April 24, 2020
- DA Increase for Govt Employees and Pensioners temporarily suspended till July 2021 due to COVID 19 Crisis April 24, 2020
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021 April 23, 2020
- Union Cabinet Approves 4% DA from 1.1.2020 March 13, 2020
- 4% DA Hike for Central Govt Employees and Pensioners from January 2020 March 13, 2020
- DR from July 2019 – DoPPW Orders issued for 5% hike in Dearness Relief October 21, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News Today – Check Your DA and Arrears from July 2019 October 15, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission News Latest Today – AIRF Requested to Issue the Payment of DA Arrears Before Diwali Festival October 11, 2019
- Possible to announce on 5% DA hike today after Cabinet Meeting! October 3, 2019
- Latest Cabinet Committee News and Updates September 28, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission DA Hike for CG Employees and Pensioners August 13, 2019
- What percentage of DA will increase from July 2019? July 5, 2019
- 7th CPC DA Calculation Sheet July 3, 2019
- DA Calculation Table: Easy 7 Steps to calculate additional DA June 29, 2019
- AICPIN May 2019 Two Points Increase – Expected DA Fixed at Next Level June 29, 2019
- Dearness Allowance to Telangana Govt Employees June 17, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission DA Table for CG Employees June 12, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission DA Calculation with AICPIN Table June 4, 2019
- Dearness Relief on Pension to Re-employed Teachers of Delhi Administration May 20, 2019
- 12% DR to KV Pensioners effective from 1.1.2019 April 17, 2019
- 5th CPC Dearness Relief Orders issued March 29, 2019
- 3% Additional DR to CG Pensioners from Jan 2019 – Orders issued March 6, 2019
- Cabinet approves 3% of additional DA to CG employees and Pensioners February 19, 2019
- 12% DA from Jan 2019 for CG Employees – Cabinet Approved February 19, 2019
- Latest DA Table for Bank Employees February 16, 2019
- 6% DA to Punjab Govt Employees and Pensioners from Feb 2019 February 11, 2019
- No Dearness Relief to Pensioner(Ex-MP) – CPAO Order dt.23.10.2018 October 30, 2018
- Revised Dearness Relief to Railway Pensioners from July 2018 October 12, 2018
- Variable Dearness Allowance to Agriculture Employees from Oct 2018 October 6, 2018
- DA Orders for Postal Gramin Dak Sevaks(GDS) Effective from July 2018 September 30, 2018
- DA Orders issued by Finance Department of Haryana September 30, 2018
- Haryana Govt Employees DA – 2% Increased from July 2018 September 26, 2018
- 9% DA to Defence Personnel and PBOR from July 2018 – MoD Orders September 20, 2018
- Grant of Dearness Relief to CG Pensioners from July 2018 – Orders issued September 19, 2018
- 9% for TN Government Employees from July 2018 September 17, 2018
- DA Order for Railway Employees Effective from July 2018 September 11, 2018
- 2% Additional DA from July 2018 to CG Employees and Pensioners July 31, 2018
- DA Calculator for All Govt Employees June 23, 2018
- 18% DA to WB State Govt Employees w.e.f. 1.1.2019 June 20, 2018
- 7% DR from Jan 2018 – Orders issued by DoPPW March 22, 2018
- Clarification on Dearness Relief to Re-Employed Pensioners March 9, 2018
- Central DA and DR Arrears Calculator from January 2018 March 9, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-14 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-13A March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-13 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-12 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-11 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-10 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-9 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-8 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-7 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-6 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-5 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-4 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-3 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-2 March 8, 2018
- DA Arrears Ready Reckoner Tables for Level-1 March 8, 2018
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government Pensioners – Family Pensioners : 5% w.e.f 1.7.2017 – Orders issued September 29, 2017
- 5% DA from July 2017 – Finance Ministry Orders dt. 20.9.2017 September 20, 2017
- Cabinet approved 1% DA to CG Employees and Pensioners from July 2017 September 12, 2017
- 15% DA for WB State Govt Employees w.e.f. 1.1.2018 September 7, 2017
- Dearness Relief to Bank Pensioners for the period Aug 2017 to Jan 2018 – IBA Circular August 3, 2017
- DR for Bank Pensioners for the period August 2017 to January 2018 – IBA Circular August 3, 2017
- 4% Additional DA for TN State Government Employees from Jan 2017 April 26, 2017
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners – Revised rate effective from 1.1.2017 April 7, 2017
- Most of the Central Government employees feel that the enhancement of DA/DR is meager – Govtenews Report March 20, 2017
- 4% of 7th CPC Basic Pay as DA from Jan 2017 March 17, 2017
- Cabinet approves 2% Dearness Allowance to Central Govt Employees and Pensioners March 15, 2017
- Cabinet to approve the Dearness Allowance hike soon March 6, 2017
- 5th CPC Dearness Relief to CG Pensioners January 17, 2017
- DR to Central Government Employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body December 19, 2016
- 7% DA for TN State Government Employees from July 2016 December 15, 2016
- Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners from 1.7.2016 – Orders issued November 16, 2016
- Central Govt declared 2% DA to CG Employees and Pensioners from July 2016 October 27, 2016
- Cabinet may approve 2% DA tomorrow October 26, 2016
- DA from July 2016 in 7th pay Commission is 2% or 3% September 21, 2016
- 7th CPC DA Calculation – Future computation of DA and adoption base index figure to Revised Minimum Wage September 6, 2016
- 6% DA Orders issued for TN State Government Employees and Pensioners from January 2016 April 21, 2016
- Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners — Revised rate effective from 1.1.2016 April 11, 2016
- Finmin Orders: Dearness Allowance from Jan 2016 April 7, 2016
- Cabinet approved 6% DA and DR for Central Govt Employees and Pensioners from Jan 2016 March 23, 2016
- Dearness Relief Order July 2015 – 119% DR to Central Government pensioners and family pensioners with effect from 1.7.2015 September 28, 2015
- DA Order July 2015 – Finmin issued orders for the payment of DA at 119% from 1.7.2015 September 24, 2015
- 6% DA hike from July 2015 – Central Cabinet approved yesterday September 10, 2015
- Cabinet Approved 6% Hike in Dearness Allowance for Central Government employees September 9, 2015
- DA and DR from July to Dec 2015 – Cabinet Committee may approve tomorrow September 9, 2015
- Dearness Allowance: Centre to survey spending patters of working class to finalise CPI numbers. June 16, 2015
- Expected DA July 2015 – AICPIN for the month of April 2015 May 31, 2015
- Pensioners Portal Orders : DR to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment w.e.f 01.01.2015 May 27, 2015
- PCDA Clarification on Dearness Relief to re-employed Ex-servicemen May 15, 2015
- Dearness Relief Orders for Central Govt Pensioners from Jan 2015 April 28, 2015
- Rates of Dearness Allowance 223% w.e.f. 1.1.2015 in the pre-revised scale as per 5th CPC April 24, 2015
- 6% DA for TN State Government Employees from Jan 2015 April 22, 2015
- Cabinet may approve 6% DA on Thursday March 31, 2015
- 6% DA Hike: Cabinet Approval Expected this Week March 17, 2015
- 7th CPC DA Calculation – Important factor of AICPI (IW) BY 2001 continue or not..? November 17, 2014
- DA from July 2014 – Cabinet may declare 7% in this month for CG Staff September 1, 2014
- Suggestion on Dearness Allowance for 7th Pay Commission – NC JCM STAFF SIDE June 25, 2014
- DA Calculation Sheet with Inputs of CPI(IW) Base Year 2001=100 April 28, 2014
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners – Revised rate effective from 1.1.2014. April 9, 2014
- DA Arrears Calculator March 26, 2014
- Automatic Merger of Dearness relief with Pension – March 14, 2014
- 10% DA Hike for Rajasthan Govt Employees March 3, 2014
- 10% DA Hike for Odisha Govt Employees March 3, 2014
- CABINET APPROVED 10% DA HIKE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS February 28, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of merger of 50% DA with basic pay February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger – BSNL Employees Union February 24, 2014
- Central Govt to pay the Dearness allowance for state government employees February 23, 2014
- DA Calculation for the month of December 2013 – CPI-IW declined 4 points February 10, 2014
- 10% Additional DA from Jan 2014 to CG Employees and Pensioners… February 2, 2014
- Expected DA from Jan 2014–Additional DA from Jan 2014 likely to hike by 11% January 5, 2014
- Grant of Dearness Relief to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment w.e.f 01.07.2013 October 20, 2013
Latest News on DA and DR:
- DA Orders for bank employees from August to October 2019 under 10th BPS August 19, 2019 Read more…
- What percentage of DA will increase from July 2019? July 5, 2019 Read more…
- 7th CPC DA Calculation Sheet July 3, 2019 Read more…
- DA Calculation Table: Easy 7 Steps to calculate additional DA June 29, 2019 Read more…
- AICPIN May 2019 Two Points Increase – Expected DA Fixed at Next Level June 29, 2019 Read more…
- Dearness Allowance to Telangana Govt Employees June 17, 2019 Read more…
- 7th Pay Commission DA Table for CG Employees June 12, 2019 Read more…
- 7th Pay Commission DA Calculation with AICPIN Table June 4, 2019 Read more…
- Enhanced Rates of DA for TN Govt Employees, Pensioners and Family Pensioners May 21, 2019 Read more…
- IBA Orders on DA : Increase in DA Slabs of 34 – 64.50 % May to July 2019 May 4, 2019 Read more…
- 12% DA to Railway Employees – Revised Rates Effective from Jan 2019 March 15, 2019 Read more…
- 12% DA Order for Armed Forces Officers and PBOR including NCs(E) – MOD Orders March 15, 2019 Read more…
- 5th CPC DA Orders – 295% DA from Jan 2019 March 12, 2019 Read more…
- 6th CPC DA Orders – 154% DA from Jan 2019 March 12, 2019 Read more…
- 12% DA Orders for CPSE Employees March 6, 2019 Read more…
- 7th CPC DA Order from 1.1.2019 February 27, 2019 Read more…
- DA Hike for Rajasthan Govt Employees and Pensioners February 25, 2019 Read more…
- 12% DA from Jan 2019 for CG Employees – Cabinet Approved February 19, 2019 Read more…
- Latest DA Table for Bank Employees February 16, 2019 Read more…
- DA to Bank Employees from Feb 2019 February 9, 2019 Read more…
List of Latest Salary and DA Calculator for CG Employees:
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator Updated Oct 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion MACP Calculator
- Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
- Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator with AICPIN
- DA Loss Calculation for CG Employees
- DR (Dearness Relief) Loss in Pension Calculator for Govt Pensioners
- How to Calculate Basic Salary in India?
- Expected DA Calculator for Bank Employees from August 2020
- Expected DA Calculator from Jan 2021
- Expected DA Calculator from July 2021
- Leave encashment Calculator for CG Employees