Clarification on MACP Benchmark to Railway Employees – RBE No.86/2019
Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railways Employees-Benchmark Regarding – RBE 86/2019
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 28-5-2019
The General Managers (P)
All Zonal Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Sub:-Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railways Employees-Benchmark Regarding.
Subsequent to acceptance of the recommendations of 7th CPC by the Government regarding raising the benchmark for performance appraisal for promotion and financial upgradation under MACPS from “Good” to ”Very Good”. Railway Board vide letter dated 19-12-2016 enhanced the benchmark for grant of financial upgradation under MACPS to ”Very Good” tor all posts. These changes were made effective from 25th July. 2016 i.e. from the date of resolution notified by Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance regarding acceptance of the recommendations of 7th CPC.
2. On the demand raised by the Staff Side persistently in all forums including in the National Council (JCM) for revision of enhanced benchmark on prospective basis, the matter has been considered by the Board and it has been decided that APAR grading ”Good” for the period prior to 25-7-2016 i.e. the date from which the new Benchmark was made applicable. may be treated as ··very Good” while considering those cases of MACPS in which APARs for the said period are required to be taken into account.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Director, Pay Commission-V
Check other updates on MACP:
- Clarification on Benchmark grade in ACR – DoPT issued on 9.7.2019
- Clarification regarding benchmark for MACP after 25.07.2016
- Clarification on MACP Benchmark to Railway Employees – RBE No.86/2019
- MACP Grading – Enhancement of Benchmark
- Benchmark for Regular Promotion and MACP
- 7th CPC on MACP – NFIR opposes the benchmark ‘Very Good’
- Dopt orders on MACP – Benchmark to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good for all the posts