As per the DoPT order issued on 30th May 1998, the age of retirement of Central Government employees increased from 58 to 60 years. At present, the retirement age of CG employees including Railways is 60 years.
Retirement Date Online Calculator for Central Govt Employees
Every employee keen to know the last working day of his Government service. Our readers are also asking, How to calculate my retirement date with the length of qualifying service?
The determination of the retirement date is very simple. When you are completing 60 years of age, that day only retirement day. A small confusion while finding the retirement age of whose date of birth is the first of a month.
Retirement Date and Retirement Benefits Calculator
How to calculate 60 years from date of birth online?: We have created an online free calculation tool with simple java software (not in the excel format). Enter your correct details in the calculator with prescribed date format. The calculator will show not only your Retirement Date, Check your Basic Pension or Family Pension, and also the Commutation amount with a reduced pension after commutation.
My Retirement Date Calculator[Note: This tool shows the details for information purposes only. Please once again check with appropriate orders and circulars]
Retirement Date Rules
There is no specific rules and formula to calculate the date of retirement. As per the Fundamental Rule 56 (a), whose date of birth is the first of a month will retire from service on the last day of the preceding month. To better understanding, we have given five examples…
In case of your date of birth is 01.07.1964, the retirement date calculation will be as follows…
In case of your date of birth is 31.07.1964…
In case of your date of birth is 01.08.1964…
In case of your date of birth is 01.08.1964…
In case of your date of birth is 31.08.1964…
Time to Retirement Calculator
A Central Government servant retires on the afternoon of the last day of the month in which he attains the age of 60 years. In case his Date of Birth (DOB) falls on the first of the month, then he will retire on the last day of the previous month.
Retirement Date Calculator for private Employees in India
There are no standard norms for fixing the retirement date the employees working in private companies in India.
Latest News on Retirement Age of Central Government Employees
What is the present retirement age for CG Employees?
Retirement age of Central Government employees (including Railways) is presently 60 years. [Click to read in detail]
- First Retirement Virtual Function in Railways on 31 August 2020 August 3, 2020
- First Time Retirement function is conducting through Video Conferencing on 31.7.2020 July 22, 2020
- Tamil Nadu Govt Employees Retirement Age Notification – Amendment Order 1.6.2020 June 8, 2020
- Retention in Government Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service – CGDA Order dated 1.6.2020 June 2, 2020
- Retirement age increased to 59 years in Tamil Nadu May 7, 2020
- Retirement of Government Servants on 31st March 2020 – Clarification order issued by DoPT March 31, 2020
- Premature Retirement in Central Government – DoPT March 9, 2020
- Retirement age increased to 60 for RTC employees December 30, 2019
- 96 officers and 126 staff invoked within 5 years against FR 56(j) December 7, 2019
- Compulsory Retirement Under Section 56(J) of CCS (Pension) Rules November 29, 2019
- Latest news on retirement age of CG employees – No proposal to reduce…only 60! November 27, 2019
- Periodical Review Report under FR 56(j) and 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules November 11, 2019
- Voluntary Retirement Offer to BSNL and MTNL Employees October 24, 2019
- Retirement of Railway Employees after 7th Pay Commission October 6, 2019
- Serious rumours about retirement age – Explanation of NC JCM Secretary September 26, 2019
- No Idea to Change Retirement Age of CG Employees September 25, 2019
- Retirement age 60 or Retirement Service 33 – New Rule from 1.4.2020 – NFIR September 25, 2019
- Verify after 18 years service and 5 years before retirement – Railway Board Circular September 16, 2019
- Long pending demand on retirement age of CAPF is fulfilled August 20, 2019
- Retirement age for all paramilitary personnel fixed at 60 August 20, 2019
- Premature Exit from GDS Post – NPS Lite August 19, 2019
- Premature Retirement in Railways: Criteria for Review of Services August 18, 2019
- Premature Retirement of Government Employees August 7, 2019
- Premature retirement of Railway Employees – RE Manual (Vol – II) July 16, 2019
- Compulsory Retirement of Government Officials July 12, 2019
- Compulsory Retirement: FR 56 (j) Pension Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 July 2, 2019
- Retirement Age in CHS: Retirement Age to 65 years to Teaching sub-cadre of Central Health Services June 28, 2019
- Number of Employees Retired Prematurely Under FR 56 (J) – DoPT asked all Ministries June 28, 2019
- Latest News on Retirement Age of Central Government Employees June 13, 2019
- Retirement Age of CAPF Personnel – 57 to 60 Years May 19, 2019
What is the current retirement age of central govt employees?
As per the decision taken by the Central Government on 30 May 1998, the retirement age of central government employees is now 60.
Is retirement day a working day?
Yes, as per the Fundamental Rule (FR) 56 Rule No 5 Pension Rules, the day of retirement (including VRS) will be taken as a working day.
If any exemption in the date of retirement?
There is no exemption in retirement date for Central Government employees. In case of an employee’s date of birth is the first date of any month, he/she shall retire on the last day of the preceding month.