Clarification on applicability of “Very Good” benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS – Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
All Chief Postmasters General/Postmasters General.
Sub : Clarification on applicability of “Very Good” benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS and consideration of “Good” benchmark for the previous years before 25.07.2016.
This office is in receipt of large number of references consequent upon the clarification issued vide DG Posts’ letter of even number dated 02.07.2018 on the above-mentioned subject, regarding allowing opportunity of making representation against ‘good’ benchmark and relaxation of benchmark for MACPS.
2. In this context, it is reiterated that opportunity of making representation against the APAR which are post 2009 cannot be given as it is already disclosed to the employees in APAR process.
3. Further, the benchmark for the purpose of financial upgradation under MACP was enhanced from ‘good’ to ‘very good’ w.e.f. 25.07.2016 i.e prior to 25.07.2016 the benchmark was ‘good’ for MACPS. As such, the ‘good’ grading of APAPRs for the period prior to 25.07.2016 may be considered for financial upgradation under MACPS. However, the “very good” benchmark applicable w.e.f. 25.07.2016 cannot be relaxed for MACPS.
4. All concerned may be informed accordingly.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Check other updates on MACP:
- Clarification on Benchmark grade in ACR – DoPT issued on 9.7.2019
- Clarification regarding benchmark for MACP after 25.07.2016
- Clarification on MACP Benchmark to Railway Employees – RBE No.86/2019
- MACP Grading – Enhancement of Benchmark
- Benchmark for Regular Promotion and MACP
- 7th CPC on MACP – NFIR opposes the benchmark ‘Very Good’
- Dopt orders on MACP – Benchmark to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good for all the posts
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF