MACPS to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good – Railway Board Orders
Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railway Employees – Implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 19/12/2016
The General Managers
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railway Employees – lmplementation of seventh CPC recommendations.
The Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme was introduced with effect from 01.09.2008 in pursuance of the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission by this Ministry’s letter No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dated 10.06.2009 (RBE No.101/2009). Thereafter, subsequent amendments/clarifications were issued from time to time. These instructions are in force with effect from 01.09.2008.
2.The 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) in para 5.1.44 of its report has recommended inter-alia as follows:
“MACP will continue to be administered at 10, 20 and 30 years as before. In the new Pay Matrix, the employee will move to immediate next level in hierarchy. Fixation of pay will follow the same principle as that for a regular promotion in the Pay Matrix. MACPS will continue to be applicable to all employees up to Higher Administrative Grade (HAG) level except members of Organised Group ‘A’ Services.”
3.The Government has considered the above recommendation and has accepted the same. In the light of the recommendations of the 7th CPC accepted by the Government, the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) will continue to be administered at 10, 20 and 30 years as before. Further, Para 1 and 2 of the existing Scheme (Annexure to this Ministry’s letter No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dt.10.06.2009) will be substituted by the following words:-
“1. There shall be three financial upgradations under the MACPS as per 7th CPC recommendations, counted from the direct entry grade on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years services respectively or 10 years of continuous service in the same level in Pay Matrix, whichever is earlier.
2. The MACPS envisage merely placement in the immediate next higher level in the Pay Matrix as given in PART ‘A’ of Schedule of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules. 2016. Thus, the level in the Pay Matrix at the time of financial upgradation under the MACPS can, in certain cases be different than what is available in the normal hierarchy at the time of regular promotion in one’s AVC. In such cases, the higher level in the Pay Matrix attached to the next promotion post in the hierarchy of the concerned cadre/organization will be given only at the time of regular promotion.”
4. The 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) in Para 5.1.45 of its report has in teralia recommended as follow:-
“Benchmark for performance appraisal for promotion and financial upgradation under MACPS to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good’.”
5. The Government has considered the above recommendation and has accepted the same. In the light of the recommendations of the 7th CPC accepted by the Government, Para 17 of the Scheme (Annexure to Board’s letter No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dt. 10.02.2009) shall be substituted by the following words:-
” 17. For grant of financial upgradation under the MACPS, the prescribed benchmark would be ‘Very Good’ for all the posts.”
6. These changes will come into effect from 25th July, 2016, i.e., from the date of resolution notified by Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance regarding acceptance of the recommendations of the 7th CPC.
6.1 MACPS where it was due earlier to 25.07.2016, but not decided yet due to Administrative delay, will be decided as per criteria prevalent at that time. Cases that became due on or after 25.07.2016, will be decided as per new criteria. However, Past Cases, decided otherwise, need not be re-opened.
7. The comprehensive MACP Scheme on acceptance of Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations will be issued separately.
8. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
9. Hindi version is enclosed.
Click to View All Pay Matrix Tables
Children Education Allowance & Hostel Subsidy - All Guidelines