Expected Dearness Allowance (DA) Calculator from February to July 2020 for Bank Employees
A simple online calculator to predetermine the percentage of Dearness allowance to existing bank employees and officers only, not for pensioners.
When will be revised the DA in salary for bank employees?
The revision of Dearness Allowance (DA) is carried out in salary for bank employees in the months of February, May, August and November. The additional DA to bank staff is granting on quarterly basis. Feb to Apr, May to July, Aug to Oct and Nov to Feb.
When will be revised the DA in salary for CG employees?
Dearness Allowance (DA) is paid for Government employees twice in a year in India. Central and State governments are grating DA to its employees from January and July of every year. The additional DA is calculated between the months of January to June and July to December based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for Industrial Workers published by Labour Bureau. The formula for using to calculate the Dearness Allowance (DA) is recommended by the current pay commission. The revision of DA is carried out in their salary of CG employees in the month of January and July.
[Note: All the figures are indicative]
How to calculate bank DA with example
The Dearness Allowance (DA) calculation formula for bank employees as per the directions of 10th Bipartite Settlement (10th BPS) and Joint Notes.
Convert the CPI (IW) BY 2001=100 to Base Year 1960=100 with using the coversion factor of (CPI x 4.63 x 4.93). And then minus 4440 with the value as per the decision in X BPS/Jont Notes. 4440 points of DA was merged with the pya and DA rate was fixed at 0.10% per slab.
CPI (IW) BY 2001=100 for the months of July, August and September 2019 as follows…
- July 2019 – 319
- August 2019 – 320
- September 2019 – 322
Conversion of Index
July 2019 – 319 x 4.63 x 4.93 = 7281.46
August 2019 – 320 x 4.63 x 4.93 = 7304.29
September 2019 – 322 x 4.63 x 4.93 = 7349.94
- Average of 3 months index = 7311
- 4440 Points Miuns = 2871
- Diveded by 4 = 717
- Dearness Allowance = 71.7%
Central Govt DA Vs DA for Bank Employees
The Bank DA calculation slightly varies from the calculation of Central DA. The Central DA never goes down from the existing level, i.e., the percentage of Dearness Allowance will remain the same or go higher only.
Central DA calculation is based on six months of data of AICPIN. Whereas the bank DA announced once in three months and also the calculation of DA is based on AICPIN for three months. For more understanding, DA Chart is given below.
The calculator is providing to enter imaginary CPI (IW) for three months from July, August and September 2019 and the estimated percentage of Dearness allowance will be shown immediately with a detailed calculation method.
D.A. Rates for Bank Staff and Officers
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from November 2019 to January 2020 – 71.7%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from August 2019 to October 2019 – 68.1%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from May 2019 to July 2019 – 64.5%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from February 2019 to April 2019 – 61.1%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from November 2018 to January 2019 – 60.7%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from August 2018 to October 2018 – 54.1%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from May 2018 to July 2018 – 52.9%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from February 2018 to April 2018 – 52.7%
- Dearness Allowance (DA) for bank employees from November 2017 to January 2018 – 51.6%
Bank New DA Chart
|DA Period||DA %|
|Nov, Dec 2019 & Jan 2020||71.7|
|Aug, Sep, Oct 2019||68.1|
|May, Jun, Jul 2019||64.5|
|Feb, Mar, Apr 2019||61.1|
|Nov, Dec 2018 & Jan 2019||60.7|
|Aug, Sep, Oct 2018||54.1|
|May, Jun, Jul 2018||52.9|
|Feb, Mar, Apr 2018||52.7|
|Nov, Dec 2017 & Jan 2018||51.6|