7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Central Government Civilian Employees
The 7th pay commission has designed and recommended an innovative pre-calculated pay scale table eligible for all classification (Group A, Group B, Group C) of central government employees.
This pay scale table, which seems so simple to look at, is not easy to find in a variety of uses for CG employees and pensioners.
It is an undeniable fact that the salary scale of over 30 lakh central government employees are contained in this small pre-determined chart. Most notable, the pay scale slab system for 40 years is amazing!
The pay matrix table contains 540 number of cells in a total of 760 (19 x 40) cells. The pay levels are indicating in the top of the table (Horizontal position) starting from Level 1 to Level 18 including with Level 13A. And the index numbers from 1 to 40 are indicating (vertical position) the stages.
Distinctive features of 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table
7th Pay Commission has introduced a new pay fixation table named as “Pay Matrix” for all categories of employees and officers working in Central Government services. Earlier, the 6th CPC had introduced new “Grade Pay & Running Pay Band” system. The 7th CPC is expected to accrue by migrating the new Matrix system. The benefits and special features are listed about the new system as follows [Click to read more]
7th CPC Pay Matrix Level 1 to 5 (PB-I 5200-20200)
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 1 (Grade Pay 1800)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 1 starts from Rs. 18,000 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 56,900 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 1
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 2 (Grade Pay 1900)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 2 starts from Rs. 19,900 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 63,200 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 2
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 3 (Grade Pay 2000)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 3 starts from Rs. 21,700 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 69,100 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 3
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 4 (Grade Pay 2400)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 4 starts from Rs. 25,500 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 81,100 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 4
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 5 (Grade Pay 2800)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 5 starts from Rs. 29,200 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 92,300 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 5
7th CPC Pay Matrix Level 6 to 9 (PB-II 9300-34800)
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 6 (Grade Pay 4200)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 6 starts from Rs. 35,400 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 1,12,400 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 6
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 7 (Grade Pay 4600)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 7 starts from Rs. 44,900 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 1,42,400 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 7
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 8 (Grade Pay 4800)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 8 starts from Rs. 47,600 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 1,51,100 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 8
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 9 (Grade Pay 5400)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 9 starts from Rs. 53,100 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 1,67,800 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 9
7th CPC Pay Matrix Level 10 to 12 (PB-III 15600-39100)
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 10 (Grade Pay 5400)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 10 starts from Rs. 56,100 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 1,77,500 (40th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 10
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 11 (Grade Pay 6600)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 11 starts from Rs. 67,700 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 2,08,700 (39th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 11
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 12 (Grade Pay 7600)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 12 starts from Rs. 78,800 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 2,09,200 (34th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 12
7th CPC Pay Matrix Level 13 to 14 (PB-IV 37400-67000)
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 13 (Grade Pay 8700)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 13 starts from Rs. 1,23,100 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 2,15,900 (20th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 13
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 13A (Grade Pay 8900)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 13A starts from Rs. 1,31,100 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 2,16,600 (18th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 13A
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 14 (Grade Pay 10000)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 14 starts from Rs. 1,44,200 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 2,18,200 (15th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 14
7th CPC Pay Matrix Level 15 to 18 (HAG Scale 67000-79000)
7th Pay Matrix Pay Level 15
- The salary scale structure for pay level 15 starts from Rs. 1,82,200 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 2,24,100 (8th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 15
7th Pay Matrix Level 16 (HAG Scale 75500-80000)
- The salary scale structure for pay level 16 starts from Rs. 2,05,400 (1st stage) and ends with Rs. 2,24,400 (4th stage)
- Pay matrix salary increment table Level 16
7th Pay Matrix Level 17 (HAG Scale 80000)
- Pay Matrix Pay Level 17
- The salary scale structure for pay level 17 – Fixed basic pay Rs. 2,25,000
7th Pay Matrix Level 18 (HAG Scale 90000)
- Pay Matrix Pay Level 18
- The salary scale structure for pay level 18 – Fixed basic pay Rs. 2,50,000
7th Pay Scale Chart
We provide here all pay matrix table in a simple chart
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Chart (Level 1 to 5)
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Chart (Level 6 to 9)
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Chart (Level 10 to 12)
7th Pay Commission Revised Pay Matrix pdf for further reference of all group of Central Government employees. 7th pay matrix table pdf download option to save the image or pdf in your computer and refer any time to need. To know the 7th pay commission salary slab with the help of 7th CPC pay calculator.
7th CPC created and suggested a comprehensive number table for finding a new pay scale from 1.1.2016 to all employees and officers working in Central Government Services. It contains 19 stages as pay level from Level 1 to Level 18 (including Level 13A). Up to Level 10, each level has 40 subsequent positions of pay. From Level 11 to 18 the pay hierarchy is gradually decreased.
Also check: 7th Central Pay Commission Report Download PDF
The minimum of the Pay Matrix Table is Rs. 18,000 and maximum pay is Rs. 2,50,000. Taking into account various aspects, the table is categorized into five segments. Level 1 to Level 5 (PB-1), Level 6 to Level 9 (PB-2), Level 10 to Level 12 (PB-3), Level 13 to Level 14 (PB-4) and Level 15 to Level 18 (HAG Scales).
7th Pay Commission revised pay matrix table pdf download link available here
Matrix Pay Salary Increment Chart
Basic Pay as on 31.12.2015 multiplied by a fitment factor of 2.57 and placed in the corresponding pay level in a cell value (either equal or next higher). The difference between the two cell values of a pay level is equal to Annual Increment. It is almost equal to 3% of the basic pay. From this, the Annual Increment calculation is made simple.
Pay Matrix Level Table
The latest 7th pay commission has introduced a new structure of ‘Pay Level’ in the pay matrix table. The pay levels are indicating in place of erstwhile Grade Pay (6th CPC). The below table describes the features. 7th CPC pay scale table under below…
|S.No.||Grade Pay in 6th CPC||New Pay Matrix Levels|
|1||1800||Pay Level 1|
|2||1900||Pay Level 2|
|3||2000||Pay Level 3|
|4||2400||Pay Level 4|
|5||2800||Pay Level 5|
|6||4200||Pay Level 6|
|7||4600||Pay Level 7|
|8||4800||Pay Level 8|
|9||5400||Pay Level 9|
|10||5400||Pay Level 10|
|11||6600||Pay Level 11|
|12||7600||Pay Level 12|
|13||8700||Pay Level 13|
|14||8900||Pay Level 13A|
|15||10000||Pay Level 14|
|16||HAG||Pay Level 15|
|17||HAG+||Pay Level 16|
|18||Apex||Pay Level 17|
|19||Cabinet Secretary||Pay Level 18|
Also Check: Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
Revised 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table (Updated June 2017)
After the implementation of 7th pay commission recommendations to all CG employees, the Central Govt has amended the table for the pay level 13. The Fitment factor has changed from 2.57 to 2.67 to the particular pay level and the pay hierarchy also changed accordingly.
Advance Increment as Separate Element
What is a separate element in the pay matrix table?
- While granting advance increment for Stenographers of Subordinate Offices, the amount of one or two advance increments are Separate Element. [Click to view more]
7th Pay Commission (7th CPC) Revised Pay Matrix and Pre-Revised pdf Download
|Click to View Pay Matrix Table Issued on 25.7.2016|
|Click to view Revised Pay Matrix Table Issued on 16.5.2017|
Check all Civilian Pay Matrix Table (Pay Band wise)
Individual Civilian Pay Matrix Table for all Pay Matrix levels
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Level 1 to Level 5
|7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE
LEVEL 1 TO 5 (GP 1800 TO 2800)
|L||Pay Level 1||Pay Level 2||Pay Level 3||Pay Level 4||Pay Level 5|
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Level 6 to Level 9
|7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE
LEVEL 6 TO 9 (GP 4200 TO 5400)
|L||Pay Level 6||Pay Level 7||Pay Level 8||Pay Level 9|
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Level 10 to Level 12
|7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE
LEVEL 10 TO 12 (GP 5400 TO 7600)
|L||Pay Level 10||Pay Level 11||Pay Level 12|
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Level 13, Level 13A and Level 14
|7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE
LEVEL 13 TO 14 (GP 8700 TO 10000)
|L||Pay Level 13||Pay Level 13A||Pay Level 14|
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Level 15 to Level 18
|LEVEL 15 TO 18 (NO GP – HAG SCALES)|
|L||Pay Level 15||Pay Level 16||Pay Level 17||Pay Level 18|
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Calculator for Pay Level 1 to 5 (Grade Pay 1800 to 2800)
A simple online calculation tool for finding the hand salary for the employees working in Central Government from the pay level of 1 to 5. Click here to calculate salary with pay matrix table
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Calculator for Pay Level 6 to 9 (Grade Pay 4200 to 5400)
An elegant user friendly touch tool for finding total salary of the employees working in Central Government Services with the grade of pay level 6 to 9. Click here to calculate total salary with pay matrix table
Defence Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 3 to 5
- Pay Band: 5200 – 20200
- Grade Pay: 2000
- Pay Matrix Level: 3
- Minimum Pay: Rs. 21700
- Index: 40
- Defence Pay Matrix Table for Level 3 to 5
Defence Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 5A to 9
- Pay Band: 9300 – 34800
- Grade Pay: 3400
- Pay Matrix Level: 5A
- Minimum Pay: Rs. 33300
- Index: 40
- Defence Pay Matrix Table for Level 5A To 9
Defence Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 10 to 11
- Pay Band: 15600-39100
- Grade Pay: 5400
- Pay Matrix Level: 10
- Minimum Pay: Rs. 56100
- Index: 40
- Defence Pay Matrix Table for Level 10 to 11
Defence Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 12A to 14
- Grade Pay: 8000
- Pay Matrix Level: 12A
- Minimum Pay: Rs. 121200
- Index: 20
- Defence Pay Matrix Table for Level 12A to 14
Defence Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 15 to 18
- Pay Band: 67000-79000
- Pay Matrix Level: 15
- Minimum Pay: Rs. 182200
- Index: 8
- Defence Pay Matrix Table for Level 15 to 1
The major difference between in the pay matrix table recommended by the pay commission and notified by the Government is in the pay hierarchy of level-13. The Notification (16.5.2017) said the index of Rationalization (IOR) of Level-13 enhanced from 2.57 to 2.67.
The below table describes the difference between the recommended pay hierarchy and enhanced pay hierarchy…
|Level||Pay Level 13||Pay Level 13|
State Govt Pay Matrix Table
After the implementation of Seventh CPC to CG employees and Pensioners, all State Government employees and their Union demanded to implement the same including Tamil Nadu Govt Employees and Rajasthan Govt Employees.
Tamil Nadu State Government 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table
- Tamilnadu Pay Matrix Table for Level 1 (GP 1300)
- Tamilnadu Pay Matrix Table for Level 2 (GP 1400)
- Tamilnadu Pay Matrix Table for Level 3 (GP 1650)
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 4
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 5
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 6
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 7
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 8
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 9
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 10
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 11
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 12
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 13
- Tamil Nadu Pay Matrix Table Level 14
11th BPS PLI Matrix Table
Introduction of Performance Linked Incentive (PLI) in Public Sector Banks and the PLI matrix decides the amount payable to the employees…[Click to read more]
Pay Matrix Table for Rajasthan Govt Employees
As per Finance Department of Rajasthan State Government Notification dated on 30.10.2017
- Rajasthan Pay Matrix Table PB 1 Level 1-9
- Rajasthan Pay Matrix Table PB 2 Level 10-13
- Rajasthan Pay Matrix Table PB 3 Level 14-20
- Rajasthan Pay Matrix Table PB 4 Level 21-24
WB 6th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table
What is WB Pay Matrix?
Pay Matrix means Matrix specified in the table, with levels of pay arranged in vertical cells as assigned to corresponding existing Pay Band and Grade Pay. The WB 6th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table contains 34 Levels with 33 number of vertical index.
- Minimum Pay in Pay Matrix Table – Rs. 17,000 (Pay Level – 1)
- Maximum Pay in Pay Matrix Table – Rs. 1,28,900 (Pay Level – 24)
- West Bengal Pay Matrix Table pdf download
Pay Matrix Table for Jammu & Kashmir Government Employees
- J&K Pay Matrix Table for SL-1, SL-2 and SL-3
- J&K Pay Matrix Table for Level-1 to Level-5
- J&K Pay Matrix Table for Level-6 to Level-9
- J&K Pay Matrix Table for Level-10 to Level-12
- J&K Pay Matrix Table for Level-13 to Level-14
- J&K Pay Matrix Table for Level-15 to Level-17
Pay Matrix Table for Haryana Govt Employees
- Pay Matrix Table for Haryana Govt Employees – DL (GP 1650)
- Pay Matrix Table for Haryana Govt Employees – Level 1 to 5
- Pay Matrix Table for Haryana Govt Employees – Level 6 to 9
- Pay Matrix Table for Haryana Govt Employees – Level 10 to 13
- Pay Matrix Table for Haryana Govt Employees – Level 14 to 19
- Pay Matrix Table for Haryana Govt Employees – HAG Scales
UP Govt Pay Matrix Table PDF Download
The State Government of Uttar Pradesh has published a notification in Hindi for its employees with detailed reports of basic pay structure, salary scale table, pay fixation, increment as per the 7th Pay Commission. [Click to read more]
How can I fix my salary in 7th Pay Commission?
Your salary should be fixed on the methodology approved by the Central Govt as per the recommendations of the 7th pay commission. 2.57 is the common fitment factor for all groups of Central Govt employees. Your basic salary as on 31.12.2015 with multiply 2.57 and the figure will match in the pay matrix of your entitled pay level.
What is the pay matrix?
A simple number table recommended by the 7th Pay Commission having 760 cells is named ‘Pay Matrix Table’. A single fitment table is applicable to over 30 lakh Central Govt Employees. The table shows 760 (19 x 40) cells with 19 columns in a horizontal position and 40 rows in the vertical position.
What is the 7th pay matrix?
7th Pay Matrix is a table for calculating the salary of Central Government employees with effect from 1.1.2016. The table is recommended by the 7th Central Pay Commission.
How do you fix a promotional salary?
Fixation of salary on promotion for Central Government employees as per the method prescribed in the Revised Pay Rules 2016 after implementation of 7th Pay Commission.
What is Da rate from Jan 2020?
21%. But DA is temporarily has stopped for 18 months from January 2020 due to the reason for the COVID 19 pandemic.
What is the latest update in 7th pay?
There are no updates in the 7th pay. Everything is over! And waiting for the 8th Pay Commission.
Will there be 8th Pay Commission?
Certainly, why not? Central Government is the only decision authority on this issue.
When HRA will increase?
After crosses the Dearness Allowance 25%. At present, the Dearness Allowance is 17% (from July 2019).
7th CPC Pay Matrix Table for Armed Forces Defence Personnel
7th Central Pay Commission has recommended three types of Pay Matrix Fixation Table in its report. First one is the Civilian Pay Matrix for Central Government Employees and the second one for Defence Forces Personnel and the third table is MNS Pay Matrix Table for Military Nursing Service Officers. [Click to view in detail]
AICTE Pay Matrix Table for Teachers and Academic Staff
AICTE Pay Matrix Table for Teachers and Academic Staff of Technical Institutions (Degree/Diploma). Pay Matrix Table for Diploma Level Technical Institutions (Amended) – Notification 20.5.2020. [Click to view in detail]
Military Nursing Service (MNS) Officers Pay Matrix recommended by 7th Pay Commission
The 7th Pay Commission recommended a new pay scale table for MNS Officers separately. The same pay matrix table was implemented to all officers with effect from 1.1.2016. But, the Ministry of Defence issued an another revised pay matrix table on 22.6.2017 with some corrections. [Click to view the Resolution]
Factual Errors in 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table – Revised and New Pay Matrix Table
Important order issued by the Department of Defence on 22nd June 2017 regarding corrections in Pay Matrix Table for Defence Forces Personnel and MNS Officers. The Department of Expenditure has issued a resolution on 16.5.2017 regarding the corrections has been made in the 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table [Click to view in detail]
Revised 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table for Central Govt Employees – Finmin Resolution issued on 16.05.2017
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Level 13 enhanced from the Fitment factor of 2.57 to 2.67. The Index of Rationalization (IOR) of Level-13 of Civil Pay Matrix shall be enhanced from 2.57 to 2.67. Accordingly, the Civil Pay Matrix table has been revised and given below. [Click to view in detail]
7th CPC Pay Matrix Table – Full-size image for reference
Pay Matrix Table is already available in pdf format and text format, we provide here an image format for further reference to check your basic pay as per 7th CPC Pay level from 1 to 18. [Click to view in detail]
Pay Matrix Table Images: