Minimum Basic Salary in Railways
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has recently conducted a Computer Based Test (CBT) for over 100,000 vacancies in the Group D Level 1 of the 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Pay Scale. As per the pay matrix, Level 1 is the first pay scale for Central Government employees, which includes those employed in the Railways. The minimum basic pay for Level 1 employees is Rs. 18,000, and they are entitled to a minimum annual increment of Rs. 500. In addition to this, Railway employees receive an increased Dearness Allowance twice a year – in January and July. The current rate of Dearness Allowance is 38%, effective from July 1st, 2022.
If you’re an aspiring candidate who’s curious about the salary of Level 1 and eligible allowances, we’ve got you covered! We offer a simple tool that calculates the approximate first-month salary of Level 1 based on the 7th CPC Pay Matrix. For example, if you’re selected and posted in the New Delhi region, simply use our tool to determine your first-month salary amount.
Level-1 Take-Home Salary Calculation
|CALCULATION OF MONTHLY SALARY|
|Level and GP||Level-1 (GP-1800)|
|Basic pay||Rs. 18,000|
|DA||Rs. 6,840 (38% of Basic Pay)|
|HRA||Rs. 5,400 (24% – X Cities)|
|TA||Rs. 1,863 (Level-1 – A1 Cities)|
You’ll be pleased to know that the Railway’s minimum monthly salary, inclusive of all allowances, is estimated to be around Rs. 32,103 – this figure applies to those working in the Metro City region. It’s worth noting that when you first start, a government deduction of NPS will be made. However, once this has been taken care of, you can expect to take home approximately Rs. 29,619.
Check the Pay Matrix Level 2 Table with Increment:
Don’t forget to give the Pay Matrix Level 2 Table a glance, which includes the latest increment details:
Download the PDF for the 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Increment Table for Pay Level 1.
Pay Matrix Level 1 is composed of 40 stages.
The Minimum Pay is Rs. 18,000, while the Maximum Pay is Rs. 56,900.
The Minimum Increment is Rs. 500, while the Maximum Increment is Rs. 1700.
It is of significance to note that the House Rent Allowance rate has been increased to 30%, 20%, and 10% for Class X, Class Y, and Other Class Cities respectively, for basic salaries ranging from Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 22,100 for pay matrix level 1. For salaries above Rs. 24,200, employees will be entitled to a grant of Transport Allowance amounting to Rs. 3,600 plus D.A. for TPTA Cities and Rs. 1,800 plus D.A. for all Other Places.
Check other Pay Matrix Table for All Level
|7th CPC Pay Matrix Table Level 1 to 5|
|7th CPC Pay Matrix Table Level 6 to 9|
|7th CPC Pay Matrix Table Level 10 to 12|
|7th CPC Pay Matrix Table Level 13 to 14|
|7th CPC Pay Matrix Table Level 15 to 18|
List of Latest Salary and DA Calculator for CG Employees:
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator Updated Oct 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion MACP Calculator
- Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
- Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator with AICPIN
- DA Loss Calculation for CG Employees
- DR (Dearness Relief) Loss in Pension Calculator for Govt Pensioners
- How to Calculate Basic Salary in India?
- Expected DA Calculator for Bank Employees from August 2020
- Expected DA Calculator from Jan 2021
- Expected DA Calculator from July 2021
- Leave encashment Calculator for CG Employees
- Revised Basic Pay Calculator as per 7th CPC Gazette Notification
- GDS Pay Salary and Arrears Calculator June 2018
- TN Govt Employees Pay Calculator
- Rajasthan Employees Pay Matrix Calculator
- Revised Pay Calculator for J&K Govt Employees
- Central Govt First Pay Calculator
Recruitment of staff in Level–1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix on Indian Railways – Criteria for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – RBE No. 156/2022 dated 18.11.2022
RBE No. 156/2022
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar) Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
New Delhi, Dated: 18.11.2022
The General Manager(P)
All Zonal Railways/Production Units,
Chairpersons, Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs)
Sub: Recruitment of staff in Level–1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix on Indian Railways – Criteria for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) regarding.
In continuation to the extant instructions on the above-mentioned subject, it has been decided that Transgender candidates may be judged with relaxed Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) standards which shall be equivalent to the PET standards for Female candidates.
2. The gender given in the online application may be used for the purpose of giving relaxation in PET. Their transgender status will be verified later at the time of medical examination and in case found wrong, their total candidature may be canceled.
3. The above relaxations shall be applicable in all future level-1 recruitment including the CEN RRC-01/2019 level-1 recruitment also.
Director Estt. (N)