What is the basic salary or basic pay?
Basic salary or basic pay is the fixed amount which pre-determined according to the post or grade. Basic salary is the base amount for the salary structure to be paid to an employee. All other allowances and increments also will be calculated on the base salary element.
How to calculate basic salary from pay scale?
Basic salary is a fixed element to calculate the monthly salary of employees. In India, the Government only fixes the basic salary to its employees through the recommendations of pay commission once in ten years. Recently, the 7th pay commission recommended a new type of pay scale table for all groups of Central Government employees.
Calculation of Basic Salary Percentage of Gross Salary
The basic salary divided by the Gross salary is multiplied by 100. The result is the percentage of gross salary.
Also read: How to calculate per day salary in India?
Minimum Basic Salary in India
The minimum Basic salary in India after the 7th pay commission is Rs. 18,000.
- Minimum Basic salary of Group A Officers: Rs. 56100
- Minimum Basic salary of Group B Officers: Rs. 35,400
- Minimum Basic salary of Group C Staff: Rs. 18,000
Gross salary calculation
A solid amount without any deduction or recovery in the monthly salary of an employee is Gross salary. Including all salary elements of Basic salary, Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, other eligible allowances and no deductions including Income Tax of an employee is Gross salary.
Salary elements of Basic salary, Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, other admissible allowances are added in the calculation of Gross salary. Also, the amount of Gross salary is paid without any deduction or recovery (including the Income Tax) of an employee.[Note: All figures are indicative as per your input]
Gross Salary Calculator for Govt Employees in India:
- Basic Salary in Pay Matrix Table (Before and After the value of the table value)
- Calculation of Dearness Allowance on selected Basic Salary
- Calculation of House Rent Allowance on the selected rate of percentage and also show for all rates
- Calculation of Transport Allowance for selected city and also show both segments
- Calculation of monthly salary on the selected basic salary of pay matrix level
- Calculation of percentage of salary elements of selected basic salary
- Calculation of hourly salary for selected basic salary
- And show the calculation of working days in the current month (5 days week and 6 days week) and the number of gazetted holidays and restricted holidays with the calendar.
List of Latest Salary and DA Calculator for CG Employees:
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator Updated Oct 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion MACP Calculator
- Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
- Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator with AICPIN
- DA Loss Calculation for CG Employees
- DR (Dearness Relief) Loss in Pension Calculator for Govt Pensioners
- How to Calculate Basic Salary in India?
- Expected DA Calculator for Bank Employees from August 2020
- Expected DA Calculator from Jan 2021
- Expected DA Calculator from July 2021
- Leave encashment Calculator for CG Employees
- Revised Basic Pay Calculator as per 7th CPC Gazette Notification
- GDS Pay Salary and Arrears Calculator June 2018
- TN Govt Employees Pay Calculator
- Rajasthan Employees Pay Matrix Calculator
- Revised Pay Calculator for J&K Govt Employees
- Central Govt First Pay Calculator