HRA Tax Exemption Calculator for Salaried Employees
Income Tax Exemption Calculation on House Rent Allowance for Central and State Government Employees with Rules and Regulations
The new rates of 7th Central Pay Commission House Rent Allowance with effect from 1.1.2016 such as 8%, 16%, 24% of basic salary
House Rent Allowance (HRA) is a consolidated amount paid to regular employees working in Government and Private organizations to adjust the expenses on rent. The house rent compensation allowance is a big support for employees to live in decent flats. Most of the occasions, the HRA element is calculated based on basic salary in the government and private sector also. And the classification of city of residence is a main criteria for determining HRA. There is no common formula for calculating HRA for men and women employees. According to the percentage notified by the Central or State Government on HRA, the calculation will be carried out in their salary slip monthly.
Also check: CG Offices Holiday List 2020 – PDF Download
House Rent Allowance is a tax-free income under Section 10(13A) of the Income-Tax. Central and State Government employees and also employees working in private sectors are getting House Rent Allowance is a major part of their salary package. HRA is given to compensate for expenses on rent for the residence of an employee. Currently, Central Government employees are getting HRA maximum of 24 percent of their basic salary (matrix pay). The minimum amount of HRA granting to the employees working in Metro cities is Rs. 4320 (minimum basic salary Rs. 18000). HRA
Simple Online HRA Income Tax exemption Calculator 2020
|Title of Tool||Income Tax Exemption on HRA Calculator|
|Beneficiaries||Central Govt Employees|
|Inputs||Basic Salary, DA, HRA, Rent Paid and City Classificatin|
|Outputs||HRA and TA on New Basic Salary|
|Developed by||TEUT Digital Concepts|
HRA Exemption Calculation for Govt Employees
House Rent Allowance is a Tax-Free Income under Section 10(13A) of the Income-tax Act, subject to the following conditions. House rent allowance [Section 10(13A)] of the Income-tax Act
As per section 10(13A), read with rule 2A of the Income-tax Act, the exemption in respect of HRA will be lower of the following amounts:
- 50% of salary, when the residential house is situated at Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi or Chennai, and 40% of salary where residential house is situated at any other place.
- HRA actually received by the employee in respect of the period during which rental accommodation is occupied by the employee during the previous year.
- Rent paid in excess of 10% of salary.
Salary will include basic salary, dearness allowance forming part of salary while computing all retirement benefits and commission based on fixed percentage of turnover achieved by the employee. Apart from this, salary for this purpose does not include any other allowances/perquisites.
Salary for this purpose shall be computed on due basis in respect of the period during which the accommodation is occupied by the employee in the previous year. Hence, any payments not pertaining to the previous year or not pertaining to the period of occupation of the accommodation shall be excluded.
List of Latest Salary and DA Calculator for CG Employees:
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator Updated Oct 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion MACP Calculator
- Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator
- Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator with AICPIN
- DA Loss Calculation for CG Employees
- DR (Dearness Relief) Loss in Pension Calculator for Govt Pensioners
- How to Calculate Basic Salary in India?
- Expected DA Calculator for Bank Employees from August 2020
- Expected DA Calculator from Jan 2021
- Expected DA Calculator from July 2021
- Leave encashment Calculator for CG Employees
- Revised Basic Pay Calculator as per 7th CPC Gazette Notification
- GDS Pay Salary and Arrears Calculator June 2018
- TN Govt Employees Pay Calculator
- Rajasthan Employees Pay Matrix Calculator
- Revised Pay Calculator for J&K Govt Employees
- Central Govt First Pay Calculator
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) Online calculator
- HRA Income Tax Exemption Calculator for Govt Employees