House Rent Allowance (HRA) Online calculator for Central Government Employees
How to calculate House Rent Allowance (HRA) from Basic salary?
- Step 1: Select your pay matrix level
- Step 2: Select your basic salary of your level pay hierarchy
- Step 3: Select your admissible percentage of HRA
House Rent Allowance Calculation Formula
24% of basic salary per month or minimum of Rs. 5400 for class X cities and towns. 16% of basic salary per month or minimum of Rs. 3600 for class Y cities and towns. 24% of basic salary per month or minimum of Rs. 1800 for class Z cities and towns.
HRA Slab Rates
The House Rent Allowance slab rates are regulated as per the classification of cities and towns in India for Government employees.
- X Class Cities – 24% of basic salary per month
- Y Class Cities – 16% of basic salary per month
- Z Class Cities – 8% of basic salary per month
How to Calculate Income Tax Exemption in HRA?
Income Tax Exemption Calculation on House Rent Allowance for Central and State Government Employees with Rules and Regulations – Click here to calculate with simple online free tool
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF