7th Central Pay Commission LTC Rules
LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION (LTC) RULES
“Leave Travel Concession: Apart from pay and perks, the Central Government employees are grating free journey to Home Town and visit selected place in India once in four years”.
According to the grade, a Central Government employee can travel by Air and train travel in AC Coaches with their dependents. […]
LTC is granted to Central Government employees to facilitate home travel as well as travel to different parts of the country. Presently two hometown visits are allowed in a block of four years with one hometown visit substitutable with “All India” visit.
However, for the first two 4-year blocks, three hometown visits and one “All India” visit are permissible.
Demands on LTC: There are demands to increase the frequency of LTC, especially of the “All India” visit, and extend LTC to foreign countries also.
Personnel posted on islands have requested the Commission that splitting of hometown LTC may be permitted so that their families can visit them from the mainland once a year and they (the employees) can also travel to the mainland once a year to visit the family.
Personnel of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) have sought parity with other CAPFs for facility of Additional LTC.
Railway employees have strongly represented that there are many places that are not connected by rail and in absence of LTC, they are not able to visit these places.
Hence they should be allowed the facility of LTC in lieu of certain number of their free passes. Similar sentiments have also been expressed by employees whose spouses are Railway employees.
7th CPC ANALYSIS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Extension of LTC to foreign countries is not in the ambit of this Commission.
The proposal to split hometown LTC has merit and can be considered.
Hence, it is recommended that splitting of hometown LTC should be allowed in case of employees posted in North East, Ladakh and Island territories of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep.
This will enable these employee and their families to meet more often.
Presently, personnel of Defence forces serving in field/high altitude/CI Ops areas are granted one additional free railway warrant.
This should be extended to all personnel of CAPFs and the Indian Coast Guard mutatis mutandis.
The facility of Additional LTC should be extended to SSB personnel, at par with other CAPFs.
Regarding bringing Railway employees (and employees whose spouses are Railway servants) into the fold of LTC, the following is recommended:
a. No hometown LTC will be admissible to Railway employees, only “All India” LTC will be granted once in four years.
b. For the grant of LTC, all passes for the current year will have to be surrendered.
c. If the employee has already availed of a pass in any year, then LTC will not be allowed in that year.
d. If both spouses are Railway servants, then surrender of passes of any one of them will suffice.
e. For the purposes of this allowance, year means Calendar year.
All eligible Central Government Employees can avail advance up to 90% of the fare on LTC
Leave Encashment permitted at the time of retirement 300 Days (Excludes 60 Days EL Encashment during LTC)
LTC by Train – Travel Entitlements as per 7th CPC
|Pay Level in Pay Matrix||Travel Entitlement (Train)|
|14 and above||AC-I by train|
|12 and 13||AC-I Class|
|9 to 11||AC-II Class|
|6 to 8||AC-II Class|
|5 and below||First Class/ AC-III/ AC Chair car by train|
LTC by Air – Travel Entitlements as per 7th CPC
|Pay Level in Pay Matrix||Travel Entitlement (Air)|
|14 and above||Business/Club class|
|12 and 13||Economy Class|
|9 to 11||Economy Class|
|6 to 8||—|
|5 and below||—|
LTC by Ship – Travel Entitlements as per 7th CPC
|Pay Level in Pay Matrix||Travel Entitlement (Sea)|
|14 and above||Highest Class|
|12 and 13||Highest Class|
|9 to 11||Highest Class|
|6 to 8||2 Classes-Lower Class|
|4 and 5||2 Classes-Lower Class, 3 Classes-Middle,
4 Classes-3 Class
|3 and below||Lowest Class|
LTC by Bus – Travel Entitlements as per 7th CPC
|Pay Level in Pay Matrix||Travel Entitlement (Road)|
|14 and above||Actual Fare in AC Bus, AC Taxi|
|12 and 13||Actual Fare in AC Bus|
|9 to 11||Actual Fare in AC Bus|
|6 to 8||Actual Fare in AC Bus|
|5 and below||Actual Fare in Public Bus|
Recommendations for Railway Employees(and employees whose spouses are Railway servants) as follows…(Click to more)
LTC TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES
Extension of LTC to foreign countries is not in the ambit of this Commission: Presently, personnel of Defence forces serving in field/high altitude/CI Ops areas are granted one additional free railway warrant. This should be extended to all personnel of CAPFs and the Indian Coast Guard mutatis mutandis.
LATEST TOP 20 DEVELOPMENTS ON 7TH CPC LTC RULES
- 7th CPC LTC Facility for CG Employees and their Dependents July 2, 2019 Read more…
- 7th Pay Commission Leave Travel Concession Travel Entitlement as per Pay Matrix June 27, 2019 Read more…
- Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER, J&K and A&N Islands – DoPT’s Clarification Orders Dt. 20.6.2019 June 26, 2019 Read more…
- Air Travel Allowed for CG Employees on LTC from their Headquarters June 21, 2019 Read more…
- 7th CPC Travelling Allowance – Travel Entitlement as per Pay Level in Pay Matrix June 21, 2019 Read more…
- LTC 80Scheme Air India Latest Fare List updated June 2019 June 8, 2019 Read more…
- Grant of Air Travel permission to RPF / RPSF personnel on Jammu – Srinagar sector May 10, 2019 Read more…
- LTC 80 Scheme – Air India LTC 80 fare List Udated for May 2019 May 4, 2019 Read more…
- LTC 80 Scheme – Air India Fare List As on 3.4.2019 April 8, 2019 Read more…
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours – MORTH Orders March 18, 2019 Read more…
- Air India LTC 80-Scheme Fare List (Updated Mar 2019) March 7, 2019 Read more…
- Entitlement of Air Travel to All Personnel of CAPFs February 21, 2019 Read more…
- LTC in Flights Under Udaan Scheme February 9, 2019 Read more…
- FAQ on LTC to Fresh CG Employees – 4 Illustrations December 18, 2018 Read more…
- LTC 80 Air Fare List Updated Dec 2018 December 11, 2018 Read more…
- Booking of Air-Tickets on LTC – DoPT Orders Dt.10.12.2018 December 10, 2018 Read more…
- LTC-80 Scheme: Air India LTC Revised Fare List Nov 2018 November 10, 2018 Read more…
- Dopt Orders on LTC dt. 24.4.2018 – Emergency Passage Concession October 19, 2018 Read more…
- 7th CPC Travel Entitlements – Clarification Orders issued by DoPT on 18.10.2018 October 19, 2018 Read more…
- LTC to Lakshadweep Islands through SPORTS October 15, 2018 Read more…
Click to View All Pay Matrix Tables
Children Education Allowance & Hostel Subsidy - All Guidelines