7th CPC Pay Calculator for Teachers in Universities and Colleges
7th Pay Commission Teachers, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges PayScale Salary Calculator
Revision of pay of teachers and equivalent cadres in universities and colleges
7th CPC: Scheme of Revision of Pay of Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges
UGC 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator for Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, and Professors
Pay Review Committee (PRC) was constituted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to revise the pay scales of teachers in Higher Educational Institutions under the purview of the UGC. We have developed a simple online calculator (not in the excel sheet) to find your new and revised basic pay.[Note: All figures are indicative]
Revised pay for Teachers in Universities and Colleges
Assistant Professor Pay Scale 6000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.6000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100
- Revised pay: Academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.57,700
Assistant Professor Pay Scale 7000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.7000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100
- Revised pay: Academic Level 11 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.68,900)
Assistant Professor Pay Scale 8000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.8000 AGP in PB Rs.15,600- 39,100
- Revised pay: Academic Level 12 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.79,800
Associate Professor Pay Scale 9000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs.9000 AGP in PB Rs.37,400- 67,000
- Revised pay: Academic Level 13A with rationalized entry pay of Rs. 1,31,400
Associate Professor Pay Scale 10000 GP
- Existing pay: Rs. 10000 AGP in PB Rs.37,400- 67,000
- Revised pay: Academic Level 14 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,44,200
Associate Professor Pay HAG Scale
- Existing pay: Rs.67,000-79,000
- Revised pay: Academic Level 15 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,82,200
Also Check: Career Advancement Scheme for Teachers and Civilian Academic Officer of the National Defence Academy
For fixation of an employee’s pay in the Pay Matrix as of 1st January 2016, the existing pay (Pay in Pay Band plus Academic Grade Pay) in the pre-revised structure as of 31st December 2015 shall be multiplied by a factor of 2.57.
The figure is to be located in the Academic Level corresponding to the employee’s Pay Band and Academic Grade Pay in the new Pay Matrix.
If a Cell identical to the figure so arrived at is available in the appropriate Academic Level, that Cell shall be the revised pay; otherwise the next higher cell in that Academic Level shall be the revised pay of the employee.
If the figure arrived at in this manner is less than the first cell in that Academic Level, then the pay shall be fixed at the first cell of that Academic Level.
AICTE Pay Matrix Table for Teachers and Academic Staff
How is the assistant professor’s salary calculated?
According to the UGC pay revision order, the Assistant Professor’s basic salary is Rs. 57700 after the 7th pay commission. In 6th CPC, the Assistant Professor’s grade was Rs. 6000 AGP, now their pay level is 10.
Important Notification by MHRD issued on 2.11.2017
UGC Pay Scale Latest News 2020
- UGC Pay Scale as per 7th Pay Commission May 31, 2023
- 7th CPC Pay Calculator for Teachers in Universities and Colleges April 24, 2023
- 7th CPC Revised UGC pay scales to the Teachers, Civilian Academic Officer of NDA, Khadakwasla and ACC Wing, IMA March 29, 2023
- Concordance Pension Table for Retired Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of University and college July 14, 2020
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) Clarification on 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers of Technical June 6, 2020
- Precautions to be taken in light of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – MoHFW Order March 20, 2020
- Revision of UGC Pay Scale from 1.1.2020 in West Bengal November 5, 2019
- Revised rates of Honorarium of Guest Faculty in Universities and Colleges October 9, 2019
- Revision of Allowances as per 7th CPC to University and College Teachers January 29, 2019
- 7th CPC to Teachers and Academic Staff of Technical Institutes January 18, 2019
- 7th CPC Arrears: 30% of Arrears for Non-Teaching Staff of Central Universities July 7, 2018
- Implementation of Reservation Policy – UGC March 13, 2018
- TA and Sitting Fee Payable to Official and Non-Official Members/Experts – UGC November 10, 2017
- 7th CPC: Scheme of Revision of Pay of Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges November 9, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges November 9, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay for Teachers and Equivalent Academic Staff in Universities/Colleges – Cabinet Approval October 12, 2017
- Pay Revision of Academic Staff of Universities and Colleges March 24, 2017
What is UGC pay matrix table?
Pay Scale table for the Lecturer and Professors working under UGC (University Grants Commission). The table denotes the basic salary for all grades with increment stages.
What is the pay matrix level for academic grade pay 8000?
The UGC MHRD pay matrix table shows that the Academic Grade Pay Rs. 8000 is fixed as pay matrix level 12 with 34 increment stages.
What is the pay matrix level for academic grade pay 9000?
As per the UGC MHRD pay matrix table, the Academic Grade Pay Rs. 9000 is fixed as pay matrix level 13A1 with 18 increment stages.
A K Narula says
1. Please provide the relevant rule/OM/Regulation / any other document related to provision of Stagnation Increment to academic regular faculty who has reached to the maximum of pay scale in UGC recognised University andgetting salary as per UGC norms under 7th CPC.
2. The date of implementaion if any.
Thanks for an early reply
SM Khan says
I was promoted to academic level from 13A to 14 on 14th March 2019. On 14th March, 2019 my pay was Rs. 143600. Please suggest the present pay in new scale as the next increment is due 0n 01.01.2020.
From 1-1-2020 as 1,57,600.
I was promoted to academic level from 10 to 11 on 11th Feb 2018. On 31 December 2015, my pay is 16900+6000 AGP. Which is my present pay matrix cell? Can anyone tell plz
We are not getting any remuneration from you. Only solve problems, so you have to give latest salary.
I was promoted to academic level from 10 to 11 on 11th Feb 2018. On 31 January 2015, my pay is 16900+6000 AGP. Which is my present pay matrix cell?
Give your number of fixation in service. If it should be third fixation in your service.
Dilip Nandkeolyar says
Can someone please help me understand the break of the CTC for a Sr, Professor at the starting level and what could be the annual increment under the VII Pay Commission?
chandrakant choudhari says
I AM IN NEED OF YOUR EXPERTISE OPINION IN PAY FIXATION OF MY SELF.
I AM A DEFENCE EMPLOYEE WORKING WITH A REPUTED INSTITUTE IN PUNE.
I AM INVOLVED WITH UGC PAY SCALES. I need expertise in pay fixation for UGC pay scales.
IF IT IS paid expertise service for pay fixation I will also go for it if you will work exact pay fixation for me.
kindly suggest to which mail id I can send my all details.
please do the needful
Sudheesh Kumar. J says
I was promoted to academic level from 10 to 11 on 9th November 2017. On 31 January 2015, my pay is 19030+6000 AGP. Which is my present pay matrix cell?
Your pay as on 31-12-15 – 19030+6000= 25030 multiple by 2.57 = 64327 fixed at MATRIX LEVEL 10 on 1-1-2016 as 64900, 1-7-16 as 66,800, 1-7-17 as 68,800, 1-7-18 as 70900 in MATRIX LEVEL 11,(PROMOTIONAL INCREMENT), 1-7-19 as 71000, 1-7-20 as 73100 & 1-7-21 75,300.
Correction due to promotion 2. increments from 1-7-18 as 73000 in MATRIX LEVEL 10 & from 1-7-19 in MATRIX LEVEL 11 as 75300, 1-7-20 as 77,600, 1-7-21 as 79,900.
If your institutions having opinion increment rules you can opt for January so you will be getting benefits from January 2018 onwards as every years instead of 1-7-2018.
Radha Gupta says
I promoted academic level 11 to academic 12 on 14th December, 2020 present my pay matrix is 87300. Please inform what is my pay matrix
As per the UGC 7th CPC MATRIX Table scale level 11 87300 next stage 89,900 & DNI 92,500 in Level 12.
Good morning sir/madam
I am working as an assistant prof in college.. CAS was awarded on 13-06-2017. .
the date of next increment should be —– 01-07-2018 or 01-01-2018( January option) pls clarify it sir
As per 6th CPC option 1-7-2018 & 7th CPC option January, 2018.
DR V A VERMA says
Sir, as Assistant Professor my basic on 31.12.2015 was 27310. My date of increment and AGP promotion was on the same date 01-02-2016. On date of next increment dated 01.02.2016, pay was only upgraded from AGP 6000 to7000 as per CAS, where they have missed promotion AGP notional increment. Can I include the missed notional increment in 7th pay fixation as per order no. 13/02/2017- Estt. (Pay-1) dated 27 July 2017 and No. 4-21/2017-IC/E.IIIA dated 28 November 2019.
If yes, office is not considering the promotion notional fixation in the 7th pay fixation. I would like to know the procedure to fix the same.
If I join as Assistant Professor in a Government Adide College under ugc salary from 1st January 2019. what will be my gross salary?
Dr. K. Ramakrishna Naidu says
My basic pay as on 31-12-2015 was 62420 with 53420 as pay and 9000 AGP. But I was promoted as principal on10-04-2018 and my basic pay was fixed as 69220 with pay as 59220 and 10000 AGP. No single increment was given at the time of promotion. Please give me my present basic.
Mahender Kumar says
my post of Library Attendant 18 year for the next post Delhi University College basic 01.07 .2018 Rs 30200 1 macp 2010 next macp for scale
Why is this calculator saying “Enter Your Basic Pay (Including AGP as on 31.12.2017):”? It should be 31.12.2015.
Thank you Dave.
Mohammad Sayeed says
Yes it is 2.67 but the in method of caulation the multiplier is given as 2.57 while the matrix table do not support this.The matrix table provides 2.67 as the multiplier.
Mohamad Iqbal says
It is 2.67