All eligible Government servants may avail LTC to visit any place in NER/ A&N/J&K/ Ladakh against the conversion of their one Home Town LTC in a four year block
Permission to undertake journey to J&K, Ladakh, NER and A&N by private airlines
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi.-110 001
Dated: October 8, 2020
Subject:- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 — Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, Union Territory of Ladakh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands – extension beyond 25.09.2020.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 31011/3/2018-Estt.A-IV dated 20.09.2018 regarding relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar and to say that in relaxation to CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988, the scheme allowing Government servants to travel by air to North East Region (NER), Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), Union Territory of Ladakh and Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) is extended for a further period of two years, w.e.f. 26th September, 2020 till 25th September, 2022 as under:
(i) LTC for visiting NER, J&K, Ladakh and A&N in lieu of a Home Town LTC.
(ii) Facility of air journey to non-entitled Government servants for visiting NER, J&K, Ladakh and A&N.
(iii) Permission to undertake journey to J&K, Ladakh, NER and A&N by private airlines.
2. The above special dispensation is subject to the following terms & conditions:
(i) All eligible Government servants may avail LTC to visit any place in NER/ A&N/J&K/ Ladakh against the conversion of their one Home Town LTC in a four year block.
(ii) Government servants, whose Home Town and Headquarters/ place of posting is the same, are not allowed the conversion.
(iii) Fresh Recruits are allowed conversion of one of the three Home Town LTCs in a block of four years, applicable to them to visit NER/ A&N/ J&K/ Ladakh. They are also allowed one additional conversion of Home Town LTC to visit UT of J&K/ UT of Ladakh in a block of four years.
(iv) Government servants entitled to travel by air may avail this concession from their Headquarters in their entitled class of air by any airlines subject to the maximum fare limit of LTC-80.
(v) Government servants not entitled to travel by air are allowed to travel by air in Economy class by any airlines subject to the maximum fare limit of LTC-80 in the following sectors:
- (a) Between Kolkata/Guwahati and any place in NER.
- (b) Between Kolkata/ChennaiNisakhapatnam and Port Blair.
- (c) Between Delhi/Amritsar and any place in J&K/Ladakh.
Journey for these non-entitled employees from their Headquarters up to Kolkata/ Guwahati/ Chennai/ Visakhapatnam/ Delhi/ Amritsar shall be undertaken as per their entitlement.
(vi) Air travel by Government employees to NER, J&K, Ladakh and A&N as mentioned in para (iv) and (v) above is allowed whether they avail the concession against Anywhere in India LTC or in lieu of the Home Town LTC, as permitted.
(vii) As regards the settlement of LTC cases where a non-entitled Government employee travels directly by air from his Headquarters to the destination in NER /J&K/ Ladakh/ A&N, the clarification issued vide DoPT’s O.M. No. 31011/3/2018-Estt.A-IV dated 20.06.2019 may also be referred to.
(viii) Air tickets are to be purchased directly from the airlines (Booking counters, website of airlines) or by utilizing the service of Authorized Travel Agents viz. ‘M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company’, ‘M/s Ashok Travels & Tours’ and ‘IRCTC’ [to the extent ROTC is authorized as per DoPT’s G.M. No. 31011/6/2002- Estt.(A) dated 02.12.2009] while undertaking LTC journey. Booking of tickets through other agencies is not permitted and no request for relaxation of rules for booking the tickets through such agencies shall be considered by this Department.
3. Efforts should be made by the Government servants to book air tickets at the cheapest fare possible. All the Ministries/ Departments are advised to bring it to the notice of all their employees that any misuse of LTC will be viewed seriously and the employees will be liable for appropriate action under the rules. In order to keep a check on any kind of misuse of LTC, Ministries/ Departments are advised to randomly get some of the air tickets submitted by the officials verified from the airlines concerned with regard to the actual cost of air travel vis-a-vis the cost indicated on the air tickets submitted by the officials.
4. In their application to the persons belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued under Article 148(5) of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India