Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of LTC Fare – Invoice in the name of spouse and / or any family member who are eligible for LTC – Finmin Clarification dated 04-11-2020
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
4th November, 2020
Sub: Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for Central Government Employees during the Block 2018-2021 -Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M. of even number dated 12th October 2020 and the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) issued vide O.M. of even number dated 20th October, 2020 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Ministries/Departments have raised queries / clarifications with regard to
(i) whether the advance taken as per the scheme shall be settled within 30 days of disbursal of advance and
(ii) whether the invoice can be in the name of spouse and / or any family member who are eligible for LTC.
3. The Special Cash Package Scheme in lieu of one LTC is to compensate and incentivise consumption by Government Employees and the benefits can be availed up to 31.03.2021. Para 4 of O.M dated 12.10.2020 provides for advance to Government employees in lieu of LTC fare and Leave encashment. As this is a Special Cash Package, the rules relating to advance taken under LTC are not applicable in the present Scheme. Accordingly it is clarified that:
- (i) the advance taken under the scheme shall be settled on or before 31st March, 2021, and
- (ii) the invoices of the goods and services purchased as per the scheme may be in the name of spouse or any family member who are eligible for LTC Fare.
4. This issues with the approval of Secretary (Expenditure).
(B. K. Manthan)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt of India
Latest Developments on LTC Special Cash Package Scheme:
- LTC Special Cash Package Benefit Scheme: Clarification Orders Dated on 7.5.2021 PDF May 7, 2021
- LTC Special Cash Package Scheme 2021 – Full and Final Settlement of Bills and Claims April 1, 2021
- LTC Special Cash Benefit Scheme Clarification as FAQ No 4 March 13, 2021
- Special Cash Package in Lieu of LTC Clarification FAQ No. 4 February 17, 2021
- LTC Cash Voucher Scheme for Defence Armed Forces Personnel December 2, 2020
- LTC Cash Voucher Calculation Formula December 1, 2020
- FAQ No 3 on LTC Voucher Calculation 2020 November 30, 2020
- FAQ No 2 on Special LTC Cash Package Scheme for CG Employees November 11, 2020
- Special LTC Cash Package Scheme – Bills in the name of spouse or any family member November 5, 2020
- Income-Tax Exemption for LTC Cash Voucher Scheme October 30, 2020
- LTC Cash Voucher Scheme 2020 Application Form October 24, 2020
- Special Cash Package Equivalent in Lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for CG Employees October 21, 2020
- Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of LTC for CG Employees October 13, 2020
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply