Digital Life Certificate for Central Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners
All banks are sending the message to Central Government pensioners to produce the Life Certificate within 30th November 2022.
The State Bank of India has send an email message to a pensioner and the same is given below for your information:
SPARSH: Identification Pending
Dear ——————-, Pensioner ID: ——————-
Your identification is due on 30-Nov-2022. Please complete the same to avoid stoppage of pension.
You can complete identification using either of the following options:
1. Log on to: sparsh.defencepension.gov.in 2. Visit the nearest Pension Service Center. To locate the nearest service center, Click Here
For assistance, contact your HOO or Call 18001805325 during office hours 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM (Monday to Friday).
**Please ignore if already done.**
Note: This is an auto-generated email. Kindly do not reply.
Life Certificate Through Face Authentication – Complete Procedure in PDF
How to submit a life certificate online?
Welcome to Jeevan Pramaan – Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners
Jeevan Pramaan is a bio-metric-enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of the Central Government, State Government, or any other Government organization can take benefit from this facility.
More than One Crore families in India can be classified as pensioner families, where the pension disbursed by the various government bodies forms the basis for their income and sustainability.
There are about Fifty Lakh pensioners of the Central Government and a similar number of the various State and UT Governments and various other government agencies. This includes pensioners from various public sector enterprises. In addition to this Army and Defence Personnel, drawing pension exceeds Twenty-five lakhs.
One of the major requisites for the pensioners post their retirement from service, is to provide life certificates to the authorized pension disbursing agencies like Banks, Post offices, etc., following which their pension is credited to their account.
In order to get this life certificate the individual drawing the pension is required to either personally present oneself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or have the Life Certificate issued by authority where they have served earlier and have it delivered to the disbursing agency.
This very requirement of personally being present in front of the disbursing agency or getting a life certificate often becomes a major hurdle in the process of seamless transfer of pension amount to the pensioner.
It has been noted that it causes a lot of hardship and unnecessary inconvenience, particularly for the aged and infirm pensioners who cannot always be in a position to present themselves in front of a particular authority to secure their life certificate.
In addition to this, a lot of government employees post their retirement choose to move to a different location either to be with their family or for other reasons, hence causing a huge logistical issue when it comes to accessing their rightful pension amount.
The Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners Scheme of the Government of India known as Jeevan Pramaan seeks to address this very problem by digitizing the whole process of securing the life certificate. It aims to streamline the process of getting this certificate and make it hassle-free and much easier for pensioners.
With this initiative, the pensioner’s requirement to physically present himself/herself in front of the disbursing agency or the certification authority will become a thing of the past benefiting the pensioners in a huge way and cutting down on unnecessary logistical hurdles.
Pensioner who is residing abroad, how can submit the Life Certificate?
In the case of a pensioner residing abroad and drawing his pension through any bank included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India, Act, 1934, the life certificate may be signed by an officer of the Bank [Click to read continue]
Digital Life Certificate SBI (Jeevan Pramaan)
The government of India, on 10th November 2014 launched “Jeevan Pramaan” an “Aadhaar based Digital Life Certificate” for pensioners. This initiative is in addition to the existing system of physical submission of Life Certificates by pensioners at the pension disbursing branches or any branch of the Bank at their convenience.
Pensioners can visit a nearby CSC center, Bank Branch, or any Government office whose details are provided under “locate center” on jeevanpramaan.gov.in and bio-metrically authenticate his / her life certificate in real time by giving his/her Aadhaar number and other pension details related to their pension bank account.
After the successful submission of the digital life certificate, the pensioner will get an SMS on his/her mobile giving the transaction id. Pensioners will be able to download computer-generated life certificates from jeevanpramaan.gov.in using this transaction id for their records.
Physical Life Certificate will continue to be accepted from pensioners if preferred by him/her.
Since the entire process is primarily Aadhaar based, digital life certificates submitted by the pensioner can be authenticated only when pensioners’ accounts are seeded with their Aadhaar Numbers.
Mode Of Submission Of Life Certificate
I. Submission of Life Certificate at any Branch of SBI
Manually – Life certificate can be summited in physical form (Copy attached)
Digitally: – Visit any Branch of SBI. Provide Aadhaar number, Mobile number, Pension Payment Order(PPO) number & Account number. Then provide biometrics (Fingerprint). On successful Aadhaar-based biometric authentication, Jeevan Pramaan will be generated with a unique id called Pramaan Id as acknowledgment.
II. Submission of Life Certificate Digitally through https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in using your own PC/Laptop/Mobile
For any help: please go through the link https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/app/faq
III. Submission of Life Certificate Digitally through GoI UMANG App on Mobile
Pensioners have to download UMAMG app from the google play store, search Jeevan Pramaan and click on generate life certificate. The pensioner Authentication page will open. Required information to be feeded for generation of DLC.
IV. At Citizen Service Centre (CSC) / Aadhar Seva Kendra
Visit the nearest CSC or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Provide Aadhaar Number, Mobile Number, Pension Payment Order(PPO) number, Account number & name of the Pension Sanctioning Authority. Then provide biometrics (Fingerprint). On successful Aadhaar based biometric authentication, Jeevan Pramaan will be generated with a unique id called Pramaan Id as acknowledgment.
Note: – If the pensioner is re-employed or family pensioner is re-married, life certificate can be provided only in physical format.
Submission of Life Certificate to SBI
Life certificate can be submitted manually in physical format – Download the format in PDF
What is Jeevan Pramaan/Digital Life Certificate (DLC) ?
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric-enabled Aadhaar-based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners. Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC is generated for individual pensioners using his/her Aadhaar number and Biometrics.
How is this different from traditional Life Certificates issued by Govt Officers/ Agencies?
For JeevanPramaan (DLC) the pensioner is not required to present himself/ herself personally before the Pension Disbursing Officer. DLC does not have to be submitted physically to the Pension Disbursing Agency ( Bank/Post Office etc ) as it is available to them digitally and. is automatically processed by the Pension Disbursing Agency. Also, each DLC has a unique id called the Pramaan-Id.
Is the Pramaan ID / Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC valid for life ?
The Pramaan ID/Jeevan Pramaan is not valid for life. The validity period of the certificate is as per rules specified by the Pension Sanctioning Authority. Once the validity period is over a new JeevanPramaan Certificate i.e a new Pramaan Id needs to be obtained.
Who is eligible for Jeevan Pramaan i.e Digital Life Certificate?
A pensioner whose Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSA) is onboarded onto JeevanPramaan is eligible for Jeevan Pramaan. A list of onboarded PSA, can be found under the ‘Circulars’ tab on the https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal. A pensioner who is re-employed or re-married is not eligible to make JeevanPramaan i.e Digital Life Certificate. From where can I obtain a JeevanPramaan i.e Digital Life Certificate.
You can obtain a DLC from
- various Citizen Service Centre (CSC ) located across India
- office of Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDA) such as Post Office, Banks, Treasury etc
- It can also be generated from home/any location on a Windows PC/Laptop( ver 7 & above) or Android Mobile ( KitKat & above ), for more details click here.
- What is required, if I want to generate DLC on my PC/Laptop/Mobile
- An STQC-certified Biometric Device is required.
- ‘RD Service’ of the Biometric Device being used should be installed on the PC/Laptop/mobile.
- The ‘JeevanPramaan Application’ has to be installed on your PC/mobile. It can be downloaded from the ‘Download’ tab from https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal.
- An Internet Connection is required.
Life Certificate at Doorstep of Pensioners – DoPPW Pensioners Portal Order 17 January 2020
FAQ for Pensioners about Jeevan Pramaan Application and RD Service
Bio-Metric Attendance in CG Offices
Face Authentication Technology for Life Certificate
The Government has introduced Face Authentication Technology to submit a ‘Life Certificate’ by Pensioners through the Jeevan Pramaan App with a view to enhance ‘ease of living for pensioners.
Face Authentication Technology was launched by the Government on 29th November 2021 with a view to enhancing the ease of submission of Digital Life Certificate by pensioners. Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare had collaborated with NIC, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity), and UIDAI to utilize the ‘Face-Authentication Technology’ based on UIDAI Aadhaar software, for submission of digital life certificates by the Pensioners/Family Pensioners. As per this facility, the identity of a person is established through the face authentication technique and it is now possible to submit a Life Certificate using the Jeevan Pramaan App from any Android-based smartphone and the Digital Life Certificate gets generated.
The Government has not come across any instances of hardship faced by pensioners while availing of this technology in submitting a ‘Life Certificate’ for availing pension.
Top Developments on Life Certificate for CG Pensioners:
- Annual Life Certificate 2022 Important Dates October 3, 2022
- Life Certificate Through Face Authentication – Complete Procedure in PDF December 11, 2021
- Submission of Annual Life Certificate | PCDA(P) Circular No. 222 December 8, 2021
- Central Govt Extends the last date for Submission of Life Certificate till 31st December 2021 December 1, 2021
- Video-based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) Methodology for Life Certificate September 27, 2021
- Submission of Life Certificate 2021: 1 to 30 November 2021 for Pensioners September 17, 2021
- Doorstep Service for Submission of DLC Through IPPB November 26, 2020
- Life Certificate – Last Date to Submit Extended to 31 December 2020 October 24, 2020
- Extension of period for submission of Life Certificate from October 2020 till December 2020 September 14, 2020
- Life Certificate for Pensioners and Family Pensioners living in Abroad February 24, 2020
- Submission of Annual Life Certificate – 4 Reminder (Through SMS and Email) send to all Pensioners February 4, 2020
- Obtaining of Life Certificate by Banks from Doorstep of Pensioners January 22, 2020
- Submission of Pension Life Certificate – Last date 30.11.2019 (Saturday) November 26, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News for Pensioners: Relaxation to Submit Life Certificate for Senior Pensioners October 12, 2019
- Senior Pensioners to submit Life Certificate in October July 23, 2019
- Notice for Pensioner – Submission of Life Certificate November 15, 2018
- FAQ for Pensioners Regarding Digital Life Certificate (DLC) November 15, 2018
- Life Certificate for Pensioners – Application Format with Non-Employment Certificate November 15, 2018
- 3 Options To Pensioners to Authenticate His/Her Life October 30, 2018
- Submission of Life Certificate – Under NPS-Additional Relief) June 5, 2018
- Guidelines for On-boarding of Organizations on Jeevan Pramaan December 8, 2017
- Implementation of Digital Life Certificate Programme – Enrollment of Defence Civilian and Defence Civilian Pensioner September 26, 2017
- Implementation of digital signed pension revision authorities in all banks – CPAO Orders on 11.1.2016 January 16, 2016
- No proposal to do away with the existing procedure of Submitting annual life certificate December 24, 2015
- No proposal to discontinue the Digital Life Certificate for the Pensioners December 3, 2015
- Aadhaar based Digital Life Certification system for Pensioners – Jeevan Pramaan August 20, 2015
- How to get Digital Life Certificate through online ? August 11, 2015
- Jeevan Pramaan: Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners August 10, 2015
- Jeevan Pramaan Registration Camp for Defence Pensioners August 10, 2015
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF