Facilitation of Digital Life certificate through Face Authentication for Super Senior Pensioners aged 80 years and above from 1st October every year
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Sub: Facilitation of Digital Life certificate through Face Authentication for Super Senior Pensioners aged 80 years and above from 1st October every year-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare’s OM No. 1/20/2018-P&PW(E) dated 18/7/2019 (copy enclosed) regarding provisions of submission of life certificate for super senior pensioners aged 80 years and above from 1st October to every year.
2. In view of the Digital Life Certificate through Face Authentication Technology, it is now possible that each and every citizen can submit a Digital Life certificate either from home using Android smartphone or bank branch.
3. It is suggested that all Banks may utilize the various platforms for creating awareness of the convenience of obtaining a Life Certificate by using the Face Authentication Technology. The following steps may be taken by the Banks:-
i. SMS/ emails/ Whats App messages may be sent to the pensioner with link of SOP of Face Authentication to empower the Super Senior Pensioner to submit their Life Certificate through Face Authentication Technology
through their Android phone. (Youtube link of SOP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT4z_dDfdFY Hindi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbWZJkm-PB0&t=11s).
ii. Banks may circulate the SOP on DLC through Face Authentication (copy enclosed) through email to concerned officials of Banks to enable them to get familiar with the usage of this technology.
iii. Facilitate bed-ridden/hospitalized pensioners for submission of life certificate of by deputing Doorstep banking executives.
iv. Banks may run widely publicize the methodology for submitting DLC by pasting information posters in branches/ATMs.
4. Necessary instructions may be issued to all the Bank branches to make suitable arrangements for submission of Life Certificate by the super senior pensioners/family pensioners aged 50 years and above from 1st October of every year.
Government of India
DEPARTMENT OF PENSION & PENSIONERS’ WELFARE
One of the best practices in digital innovation launched by Department of Pension & Pensioners
DOPPW, in collaboration with UIDAI & MeitY, has launched Face Authentication technology for submission of a Digital Life Certificate for enhancing“Ease of Living” of 70 lakhs Central Govt. Pensioners’.
DLC through Face Authentication Technology is based on Aadhaar using Android-based smartphone.
Step 1: In this step, the pensioner/family pensioner needs to go to the Google Play Store and search for “Aadhaar Face RD (Early Access) Application” by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) with latest Version (presently 0.7.43).
Step 2: After successfully installing the Aadhaar Face RD App on the device, it will appear in the Settings under App Manager or App Info. This application is used for the background process of the Jeevan Pramaan Application, so it is mandatory to install it.
Step 3: Once the Aadhaar Face RD App is installed on your smartphone/Android device, the pensioner/family pensioner needs to download another application called “Jeevan Pramaan” from the Google Play Store with Version 3.6.3.
Step 4: After successfully installing both applications, the pensioner/familypensioner should open the “Jeevan Pramaan” application. They will be takento the “Operator Authentication” screen where they have to provide theirpersonal details as follows:
1. Click on the Aadhaar checkbox.
2. Enter the Aadhaar Number.
3. Enter the Mobile Number.
4. Enter the Email Address.
5. Click on the Submit Button
*Please ensure that all the information provided is correct as per the records.*A pensioner/family pensioner/any other person on behalf of pensioner/familypensioner can be an Operator to generate DLC.
*All the sections marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory to fill.
Step – 5: After providing all the information, the Operator (pensioner/family pensioner/any other person on behalf of pensioner/family pensioner) needs to submit the OTP (One Time Password) sent to their respective mobile number and email address.
Step – 6: After submitting the OTP, the Jeevan Pramaan App will take the Operator (pensioner/family pensioner/any other person on behalf of pensioner/family pensioner) to a screen where they have to provide their Name as per Aadhaar. They should click on the checkbox and then click on Scan. The app will request permission for Face Scan, and the pensioner/family pensioner should press “Yes” to continue the process.
Step 7: Before the scan, the app will display instructions and guidelines for the face scan. The pensioner/family pensioner should read them carefully. Afterward, they need to click on the “I am aware of this” checkbox to continue and press proceed. The app will capture their face.
1. The operator authentication is a one-time process.
2. Pensioner can also be the Operator.
3. After operator authentication, a screen will open for pensioner authentication.
4. One operator can generate DLC of multiple Pensioners.
STEP 9: After Operator Authentication, a screen opens for Pensioner Authentication (Image-1) where they have to provide their personal details as follows:
1. Click the checkbox of Aadhaar.
2. Enter Aadhaar Number.
3. Enter Mobile Number.
4. Enter Email Address (Not Mandatory).
5. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
6. On clicking submit button, an option appears on screen ‘Enter OTP’ (Image-2)
7. Enter OTP and click Submit button
STEP 10: After submission of OTP a screen will appear (Image-1) where the following information is to be provided:
1. Full Name as per Aadhaar
2. Type of Pension
3. Sanctioning Authority
4. Disbursing Agency
5. PPO Number
6. Account Number (pension)
7. Click on the declarations
8. Click on Submit button
9. A permission to Confirm will appear on the screen as per Image-2
Step 11: A screen will appear for providing consent and permission for the scan.
Click on scan. The process for scanning face will begin.
After face scanning DLC submission appears on the mobile screen along with the Pramaan ID and PPOno.
*For queries mail us at email@example.com
*Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
@facebook.com/DoPPW.India @twitter.com/DOPPW_India*DLC documentary- https://youtu.be/nNMlkTYqTF8