Nation-wide Digital Life Certificate Campaign 2.0 | Nov 1-30, 2023
The Nation-wide Digital Life Certificate Campaign 2.0, scheduled to take place from November 1st to November 30th, 2023, is an extensive initiative aimed at ensuring the smooth implementation of digital life certificates across the country. To facilitate this campaign, comprehensive guidelines have been developed to provide detailed instructions and procedures for all stakeholders involved, including government agencies, pensioners, and service providers. These guidelines cover a wide range of aspects, such as the registration process, document requirements, and the use of digital platforms for submitting and verifying life certificates. By following these guidelines, the campaign aims to streamline the certification process, reduce paperwork, and enhance efficiency, ultimately benefiting both the pensioners and the authorities responsible for managing pension schemes.
Nation-wide Digital Life Certificate Campaign 2.0, November 1-30, 2023 – Comprehensive Guidelines
File No. 1(2)2023-P&PW(H)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
3rd floor, Lak Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi
August 9, 2023
Subject: Comprehensive Guidelines for the Nation-wide Digital Life Certificate Campaign 2.0, November 1-30, 2023
The undersigned is directed to say that submission of Life Certificate is an important activity to be carried out by pensioners every year in the month of November (with special provision for pensioners aged 80 years and above to submit their Life Certificates in the month of October) to ensure continuity of their pension.
2. To enhance “Ease of Living’ of Central Government pensioners, this Department engaged with UIDAI & MeitY to develop a Face-Authentication technology system based on UIDAI Aadhaar database whereby it is possible to submit Life Certificate from any Android based smart phone. This is in addition to giving Life Certificate using a biometric device on the Jeevan Pramaan App, Video-KYC, LC through the Gramin Dak Sevaks by using the App of India Post Payments Bank and Door-step service by the consortium of Public Sector Banks.
3. With a view to spread awareness amongst all the Central Government pensioners as well as the Pension Disbursing Authorities for use of DLC through Face Authentication Technology. DoPPW launched a nation-wide campaign in 37 cities in collaboration with SBI PNB, Pensioners’ Associations, UIDAL & MeitY in the month of November 2022. This campaign resulted into use of DLC by approx, 35 Lakh out of 69.8 Lakh Central Government Pensioners across India.
4. DoPPW shall now be conducting a Nation-wide DLC Campaign 2.0 in 100 cities of India, where there is a significant presence of Central Government Pensioners, from 1st to 30th November, 2023. The objective of this Campaign is to promote increased use of Face Authentication Technology and DLC modes with a target of 50 Lakh Central Government Pensioners across India. The SOP regarding the technique of issuing DLC through Face Authentication is attached far reference.
5. In order to conduct this Campaign, DoPPW still obtain the support of the following stake-holders:
- Pension Disbursing Banks
- Pensioners’ Associations
- Ministry of Defence, Postal & Railways (for their own pensioners)
- PIB & DOD (for media support)
- UIDAL & MeitY (for technical support)
6. Nation-wide DLC campaign 2.0 Features:
- There shall be a common All-India banner of the Nationwide DLC Campaign to be shared separately by DOPPW.
- DoPPW shall nominate its Nodal officers for each State; these Nodal Officers shall tie up with the Campaign Nodal officers of the different stake-holders, as given above for the respective States/UTs.
- The 100 cities have been identified and multiple locations within each city will be identified in consultation with the stakeholders.
- Camps will be organised at the identified multiple locations in each city, shortlisted for the Campaign by the banks/establishments.
- Each Bank shall nominate its nodal officers for each State/UT who shall coordinate with the Bank’s nodal officer for each city for the Campaign, DoPPW shall coordinate with the State Nodal Officers only.
- M/o Defence, Railway, Posts & Telecom shall appoint their own Nodal Officers.
- UNDAI and MeitY shall also nominate Nodal officers for technical support for each state/UT.
- PIB & DD shall nominate its Nodal officers for publicity in each State/UT.
- From September, 2023, onwards wide publicity is to be carried out through social media, print Media, banks and registered pensioners’ associations.
- The Banks/Establishments associating for the Campaign in a particular State shall hold camps on designated days of November. In addition camps will also be held on other days by all Bank branches for the Pensioners reaching Bunks.
- MeitY shall be roped in for utilizing its software to give real-time inputs on the Progress of the Campaign.
- A Social Media group of all the Nodal officers shall be created by DOPPW for real-time sharing of information during the Campaign.
7. A separate DLC portal with URL. https://ipension.nic.in/dlcportal/ has been created wherein details of Nodal Officers at State and City level shall he registered, All inputs related to the Campaign such as URLs of tweets and PIB notes/press releases are to be entered in this portal. The user manual for the DLC Portal is attached for reference.
8. Pre-Campaign Preparation Phase (August 1 – August 30, 2024)
- Notation of Nodal officers by DoPPW, all Banks, Defence (SPARSH) UIDAL, MeitY, PIB and DD.
- State-wise meetings of all the stake-holders for the identified 100 cities with DoPPW officials.
- Training of Nodal officers, Bankers & Training of trainers by DoPPW/ UIDAI/MeitY on DLC through Face authentication and DLC Portal
9. Campaign Period activities (1st November – 30th November, 2023)
- Launch of Nationwide PLC Campaign 2.0 on 1st November, 2023 under the auspice of Hon’ble Dr, Jitendra Singh, MOS.
- DLC camps in 100 cities as per schedule from Nov 1-10, 2023 when the maximum rush is expected; thereafter the Banks/Establishments shall Keep the facility open.
- Visit of DoPPW nominated officials to different locations to monitor & inspect the drive,
- Daily updation of data centrally by MeitY of the progress of the DLC Campaign in a pre-determined format ta be intimated separately.
- Release of PIB note and tweets for each location in every city by respective nodal officers. This shall be monitored by the DoPPW official in-charge of that particular State/UT.
- Mid- Campaign Press conference by DOPPW on 15th November 2023.
- Sharing of PIB notes, tweets links, DD coverage on Campaign by the Nodal officers on the portal/social media group.
- End of Campaign Press conference by DOPPW on 30th November.
- Release of Nation – Wide DLC campaign booklet by DOPPW.
10. Role of different stake-holders w.r.t. the Nationwide DLC 100 City Campaign:
Role of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare.
- Issue letters to all stake-holders containing details of the campaign.
- Nomination of Nodal Officers for each State/UT.
- Co-ordination meetings with all stake-holders in different States/UTs including with the Registered Pensioners’ Associations.
- Creation & monitoring of the Nationwide DLC Campaign 2.0 Portal for upload of details of Nodal Officers.
- Creation of social media group comprising all the nodal officers for posting of pictures of different site locations and number of tweets.
- Provide a MIS format to MeitY for real-time updates with regard to the Campaign.
- Training of different stake-holders along with MeitY & UIDAI officials in Face Authentication and DLC methods.
- Conduct an awareness drive at the appropriate time through newspapers, television, FM radio, Social media, SMS messages, Short films regarding the DLC campaign.
Role of Pension Disbursing Banks
- A nodal officer, not below the rank of Chief General Manager/General Manager, to be nominated for the Nation-wide DLC Campaign.
- State/UT wise sub-nodal officers, not below the rank of AGM, to be nominated for each State/UT where bank has been identified as lead bank.
- Shortlist multiple branches in the concerned cites for holding the Campaign.
- Conduct an awareness drive of the Nationwide DLC Campaign using a uniform common Banner at their locations and publicize the event through social media, SMS to Pensioners and other means such as posters at Digihut, ATMs and prominent branches.
- Dedicated staff at all branches (even though not part of DLC campaign selected cities/locations) should be equipped with an Android phone to use this technology when pensioners visit the branch for submission of DLC certificate.
- Printout of successful submission of DLC screenshot may be provided to pensioners.
- Effort may be made o encourage pensioners to download Face authentication apps in their mobile so that they learn technology themselves.
- Coordinate with the designated DoPPW, UADAI, MaitY, PIB & DD Officials for the event as well as the registered Pensioners’ Associations in their jurisdiction.
- Conduct a daily exercise to ensure that all DLCs submitted have been processed and confirmation SMS sent to the Pensioner.
- Inspect their software prior to the campaign for auto-consumption of the DLC reaching their servers through UIDAI.
- Inspect their software for enabling LC through Video KYC method.
- Women and sick Pensioners should be given highest priority.
- Prepare an exception check-list of the Pensioners in the select cites who have not given LC by November 15, 2023 and send reminder SMS.
- Prepare for providing doorstep LC facility to those Pensioners who are unable to visit centers due to age/infirmity.
- No Pensioner wanting to give a physical LC should be turned back.
- Instructions to be given to their International Banking Divisions to give a similar treatment to Pensioners settled abroad and visiting their centers for giving LC.
- PIR note, Tweets and media coverage should be given to each event and DOPPW twitter handle to be tagged. Short videos of 30 seconds may be taken of pensioners above age of 90 years generating their DLC.
- Prepare a media plan of the Campaign and send pictures to DoPPW on the mail ID doppw-dlc[at]gov.in
Role of Pensioners’ Welfare Associations
- PWAs to nominate officials to make home/hospital visits for Pensioners who are unable to move to Campaign locations
- Conduct a rigorous awareness drive of the Campaign among all their members as well as apprise their RWAs (Resident Welfare Associations) regarding the Campaign and the Face Authentication methodology for giving LC.
- Coordinate with the local Bank/Defence (SPARSH)/PIB officials for conducting a seamless DLC Nationwide campaign.
- Report to the concerned DoPPW official of the State about any local issues being faced by the Pensioners in giving LC.
- Prepare a media plan of the Campaign and send pictures 0 DoPPW on the mail ID doppw-dlc[at]gov.in
Rale of Ministry of Defence (SPARSH)
- A Nodal officer may be nominated, not below the rank of Dir/DS/Dy. CGDA for coordination at central level, Sub-Nodal officers to be nominated for each state/UT/Command, not below the rank of Dy.CDA, where the camp is being held for SPARSH pensioners and details of the nodal officers to be uploaded on the portal.
- Wide publicity should be given to this campaign by spreading awareness through banners, social media, SMS and Sainik Welfare Boards.
- A dedicated person should be equipped with at Android phone for issue of Digital Life Certificate of the pensioners visiting the camp.
- Additional facilities like free medical checkup (test more relevant to senior citizens), Aadhar Updation, engagement with NGOs working with senior citizens can also be arranged, if desired, by the Ministry.
- Conduct a proper awareness drive regarding the different methods available to Defence Pensioners of submitting LC.
- Uniform Nationwide DLC Campaign 2.0 Banner to be displayed at all locations for publicity.
- Gear up SPARSH centers for the Campaign and enable Face Authentication technology for DLC in SPARSH.
- Advise Zila Sainik Welfare Boards to conduct the Campaign in their area of operation in the select cities.
- Advise their registered Pensioners’ Associations to help Defence Pensioners to give DLC.
- Organize home visits for those Defence Pensioners who are unable to visit the centers.
- Position grievance officers in all the centers and also provide a helpline for the Defence Pensioners who face issues in giving LCs.
- Review the DLC position on November 10, 2023 and send reminder SMS to those Defence Pensioners who have not yet given LCs.
- Prepare a media plan of the Campaign and send pictures to DoPPW on the mail ID doppw-dlc[at]gov.in.
- Short videos of 30 seconds may be taken of pensioners above age of 90 years submitting DLC.
Role of UIDAI
- A Nodal officer may be nominated for month long campaign.
- Nominate Nodal officers State-wise who shall be providing technical support in the select cities and centres on phone and physically where ever possible,
- Set-up helplines for giving technical support wherever issues are feced in DLC.
- Ensure a robust software for seamless conduct of the Nationwide DLC Campaign 2.0
- Arrange Aadhaar updation Camps at the Campaign Centres wherever possible to additionally help Pensioners in updating their Aadhaar details.
- Coordinate with the DoPPW officials incharge of the Campaign in the region.
Role of Jeevan Pramaan Team, MEitY
- Nominate a team centrally for coordinating with DoPPW Officials for proving necessary MIS (to be intimated separately) of the progress of the Nationwide DLC Campaign 2.0
- Nominate nodal officers for providing technical support on phone in case of any technical glitches faced on the Jeevan Pramaan App.
- Ensure a robust working Jeevan Pramaan App during the Campaign period devoid of any bugs.
- Coordinate with the DoPPW officials incharge of the Campaign in the region.
Role of MoI&B /PIB/DD /AIR
- Nominate Nodal Officers not below the rank of Dir/DS to coordinate with the concerned DoPPW official.
- Conduct local awareness publicity through media both prior, during and after the event.
- Conduct a Mid-Campaign media conference.
- Nominate a nodal officer each for PIB & DD.
- Deploy resource person for translating SOP & awareness campaign material for DLC through Face authentication in 22 scheduled languages.
- Deploy DD teams at Campaign site for detailed coverage.
- Creation of short films on Nation – Wide Campaign.
- Organize 02 Panel discussions at DD & AIR.
11. Media Plan
- All awareness material on DLC / Face authentication will be available on the DOPPW portal. Nodal officers can use that material for widespread awareness.
- DoPPW will release 2 print advertisements covering whole country for awareness about DLC/ Face authentication giving details of National campaign on 15th September and 15th October, 2023.
- DoPPW shall send SMS to the Central Government Civil Pensioners whose mobile numbers are available tn DoPPW database in the month of October & November, 2023.
- PIB notes/ tweets will be issued for each campaign site at multiple locations in 100 cities.
- Banks will conduct an awareness Campaign in the select city in local languages in local newspapers in advance so that pensioners participate in these camps.
- DD coverage of each camp-site in all 100 cities.
- September 2023 onwards, twitter series will be launched covering DLC/Face authentication SOP, info graphics, short videos, success stories of DLC campaign 2022 for widespread awareness about DLC.
- Panel discussion by DD to be chaired by Secretary (P&PW).
- Release of DLC campaign booklet at the end of Campaign.
- Mid – Campaign Press conference on 15th November, 23.
- End of Campaign Press conference on 30th November, 23.
12. For overall coordination, following DoPPW officers have been nominated:
|Sl no||Name||Role||Contact details||Email ID|
|1||Ruchir Mittal, Director||Campaign Coordinator||011-23350012. 9754473876||Ruchirmittal.cgda[at]nic.in|
|2||Ashok K Singh, US||Min/Dept Coordination||011-23310108, 8447326646||Ashok.ks72 [at] gov.in|
|3||Rajesh Kumar, US||Media coordinator||011-24644631, 9540623057||rajesh.kr73 [at] nic.in|
|4||Ramanjit Kaur, Consultant||Bank coordinator||011-24644631, 9643318767||ramanjit.kaur.61 [at] govcontractor.in|
13. The above comprehensive guidelines for Nation — Wide Digital Life Certificate 2.0 for month of November are being issued to ensure saturation of use of DLC by Central Government Pensioners across India All Stakeholders are requested to adhere to roles assigned, as above.
This issues with the approval of Secretary (Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare).
1. SOP ;
2. User Manual for DLC Portal
- Latest Details on Demands for Old Pension Scheme
- GPF & Pension Benefits to Casual Labour with temporary status regularised after 1.1.2004 – Dopt orders
- Revision of pension/family pension of pre-2006 pensioners of All India Services – Dopt order
- Dopt Clarification on Definition of a Dependent Family Member – Whether ‘married son’ can be considered for compassionate appointment?
- Voluntary Retirement from Persons suffering with disability
- DoPT Issues Revised Guidelines on Commencement of Pension