Finance Ministry Clarification on Increment Date in Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules on 31.07.2018
If an employee gets a promotion on 1st July 2016 then how the pay fixation after promotion. The Date of next increment (DNI) will be on 1st January or 1st July of next year. What says the Fundamental Rule 22(a)(i)(1) after the implementation of 7th CPC.
Promotion Date: 1st July 2016
DNI: 1st Jan 2017 or 1st July 2017?
Increment Date in Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016 – Clarification
Government of India
Ministry of Finance Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 31st July, 2018
Subject: Date of next increment- Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016- regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016 which provides, inter alia, that there shall be two dates for increment namely 1st January and 1st July of every year, instead of the provision of one date of increment on the 1st July during the 6th Pay Commission pay structure. The Rule further provides that an employee shall be entitled to only one annual increment either on 1st January or 1st July depending on the date of appointment, promotion or grant of financial upgradation. The Sub-Rule (2) thereof provides that increment in respect of an employee appointed or promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under MACP during the period between the 2nd day of January and 1st day of July (both inclusive) shall be granted on 1st day of January and the increment in respect of an employee appointed or promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under MACP during the period between 2nd day of July and 1st day of January (both inclusive) shall be granted on 1st day of July.
2. The proviso to Sub-Rule 2 of Rule 10 of CCS (PR) Rules, 2016 provides that the next increment after drawal of increment on 1st day of July 2016 shall accrue as on 1st day of July 2017.
3. A number of references has been received in the Ministry of Finance seeking clarification whether in case of an employee promoted on 1st July 2016, whose pay was fixed on 01/07/2016 in terms of the rules governing fixation of pay on promotion, the next increment may be allowed on 1st January 2017 or on 1st July 2017.
4. The matter has been considered. During the regime of pay structure obtaining immediately prior to 01/01/2016, when the annual increment was admissible uniformly on 1st July every year, the increment was admissible on 1st July, provided the condition of 6 months’ service was fulfilled. Thereafter, the next increment used to be given after a period of 12 months.
5. Accordingly, keeping in view the principle followed during the period before 1.1.2016 immediately prior to coming into force of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, which has been modified in the revised pay structure in terms of Rule 10 thereof by way of 2 dates of increment on 1st January and 1st July, it is clarified that in case an employee is promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under the MACP scheme on 1st January or 1st July, where the pay is fixed in the Level applicable to the post on which promotion is made in accordance with the Rule 13 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, the first increment in the Level applicable to the post on which promotion is made shall accrue on the following 1st July or 1st January, as the case may be, provided a period of 6 months’ qualifying service is strictly fulfilled. The next increment thereafter shall, however, accrue only after completion of one year.
6. This order is issued in consultation with office of C&AG in its application to employees working in Indian Audit and Accounts Department.
7. Hindi version of this order is also attached.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Sir, I have joined in Department of Atomic energy on 26.02.2018. My probation period is one year and it closes in February 2019. I want to take a Special casual leave on 01.01.2019. Whether it will effect on my increment? If yes please explain
Special casual leave is not given, you may eligible casual leave. Regarding increment you are not given on 1/1/2019.
Anil Kumar Gupta says
Kindly guide me as my pay is fixed on 01.07.2018 as Level-10 after completion of 4 years of regular service in P.S. grade. Can I change my annual increment from 1st July, 2019 to 1st January, 2019. Regards.
If your basic pay in matrix level changes from 9 to 10 on 1/7/18, pay fixation automatically, your increments changes from 1/1/2019 in level 10..
Basavaraj Thaikar says
Sir, I am an Paramilitary person, Now my basic is 35300/- and on first July 2019 it will be 36400 (after adding regular increment).
And on 01/08/2019 I am going to complete 20 years service and I’m eligible for MACP-||.
Than what will be my basic On 01/08/2019?
If you are not got second Promotion in your service, pay will be with one additional increment of ₹ 37500/- & fixed in level 5 basic pay of of ₹ 38,100/- as 2nd MACP from 1/8/2019 with the terms and conditions of VERY GOOD BENCH MARK.
sir, my basic as on 01 Jan 2018 was 33300 and I got MACP-II on 01 Apr 18.
please tell me what should be my latest basic pay, when i get my next increment.
shall i choose DNI option??
It seems your basic pay of ₹ 33300 it was in level 4, if on completion of 10th year of MACP on 1/4/18 it will be given one additional increment of ₹ 34300/- and fixed basic pay as on 1/4/18 in level 5 as ₹ ₹ 34,900/-. Your next DNI on 1/1/2019 as ₹ 35,900/- increment..
But Sir, my juniors who were drawing same basic of 33300/-in jun and got MACP in august got double benefit like they got normal increment to 34300 and macp benefit in august to 35900/-.
then being a senior in promotion i am in loss.
what to do for this anomaly
You have to give option increment instead of January19 on JULY,19 so that it will be equal both of them in July,19 as ₹ 37000/-.
Alok Singh says
I were appointed on 27 May 2015 and completed the condition of 6 months service for 1st increment on January 2016 and also did not get any MACP and not any promotion in between, Will i be eligible for 1st yearly increment on 1st January. 2016?
No. Your first increment on 1/7/16. MACP on completion of 10th year on 27/5/2025 with the terms and conditions of VERY GOOD BENCH MARK.
Date of next increment- Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016- r. From which date it will be effected from.?
I was appointed as a LDC on 15 may 2015, and i got increment in jul 2016. Am I eligible to get increment from jan 2016??
No. Normal increment is on completion of one year from July to June annual increnent is July every year.. If upgradations of MACP changesf completion of 6th months from January/July .