For Pensioners of All India Services
The Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) has issued an official memorandum on 20th October 2023 regarding the delay in the first credit of pension into the account of pensioners and family pensioners. This delay in pension credit is a matter of concern and requires immediate attention to ensure the financial well-being of the pensioners and their families. The CPAO is actively working to resolve this issue and ensure that pensioners receive their entitlements in a timely manner.
Delay in First Credit of Pension into the account of pensioner/family pensioner regarding: CPAO OM dated 20.10.2023
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
CENTRAL PENSION ACGOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-III, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&TECH/Bank Performance/37 Vol-III(A)/2023-24/130
Subject: Delay in First Credit of Pension into the account of pensioner/family pensioner regarding.
Kind attention is invited to this office OM No.40 dated 12.07.2021 and OM No. 71 dated 23.05.2023 wherein all the Head of the CPPCs of authorized banks were directed to ensure that the credit of the first pension into the accounts of pensioner/family pensioner is carried out immediately on the basis of e-PPO and e-SSA received from CPAO without awaiting for the physical copy of PPO.
It has been observed that banks are not following instructions issued by the CPAO vide above said OMs. The first credit of pension into the account of pensioner/family pension is still delayed. This delay in crediting the first pension to the pensioner’s account is causing undue hardship to pensioners.
With a view to streamlining the process to expedite the payment of first credit, all the Heads of the CPPCs are hereby directed again to ensure that the credit of the first pension is carried out on the basis of e-PPO and e-SSA as and when received from CPAO and diligently follow CPAOS’s instructions given in this regard. The physical PPO booklet and related documents will continue to be sent to CPPCs until further orders for verification of the pensioner’s details and if any differences are found between the e-PPO and manual PPO, the same should be intimated to CPAO within a month for necessary corrective action.
Further, it may also be ensured that the e-scroll for all payments of pension made is submitted on the same day to CPAO while intimating RBI.
This issue with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pension).
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
- Extension of CGHS Facilities to Pensioners Under UT Administration
- Railway Pension Increase 2023 | Dearness Relief from July 2023 to Railway Pensioners
- Delay in First Credit of Pension into the Account of Pensioners – CPAO
- Commutation Factor Value of Pension Calculator
- Pension Sanctioned After 15 Years: DoP&PW Success Story
- Family Pension Rules 2023 for LIC Retired Employees
- Is the Central Government contemplating the possibility of increasing the minimum pension?
- Grant of Notional Increment (as due on 1st July) for the Pensionary Benefits
- Pensioners Portal issued orders on granting of Dearness Relief to CG Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Guidelines for Pensioners: Missing Pensioner