Minimum Family Pension of Rs.9000 Under Central Govt. – DoP&PW
As of now, the minimum pension and family pension under the Central Government stands at rupees 9000 per month. The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoP&PW) has confirmed that there are no current proposals to increase this amount. It is important to note that this fixed amount is determined to provide a basic level of financial support to retired government employees and their families.
The minimum Pension/family pension under the Central Government is rupees 9000 per month, No proposal to increase: DoP&PW
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(DEPARTMENT OF PENSION & PENSIONERS’ WELFARE)
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2200
(TO BE ANSWERED ON 02.08.2023)
2200. SHRI L.S. TEJASVI SURYA:
Will the PRIME MINISTER be pleased to state:
(a) the details of the number of persons receiving pension, family pension, etc., from the Government departments, Governmental agencies and organisations per year and the total amount of pension to be provided to such retired persons, State-wise along with the minimum amount of pension to be provided to each person;
(b) whether the Government is considering to increase the minimum pension taking into account the changing prices over the years and if so, the details thereof; and
(c) whether any departmental, ministerial and inter-ministerial discussion has been conducted in this regard and if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS AND MINISTER OF STATE IN THE PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE (DR. JITENDRA SINGH)
(a): On the basis of the information provided by the Central Pension Accounting Office (for Civil Pensioners), Office of Controller General of Defence Accounts (for Defence Pensioners), Department of Telecommunications (for Telecom Pensioners), Railway Board (for Railway Pensioners), and Department of Posts (for Postal Pensioners), the details regarding the pensioners and family pensioners receiving pension and expenditure involved during the year 2022-23 under the Union Government are given as under:
|S.No.||Department||No. of Pensioners||No. of Family Pensioners||Expenditure for the year 2022-23 (Rs. In crores)|
The amount of minimum pension/ family pension under the Central Government is rupees 9000 per month.
(b) & (c): There is no proposal to increase the amount of minimum pension/ family pension. The pensioners/ family pensioners are entitled to dearness relief, based on changes in prices, from time to time.
Click to View the order in PDF Format
- Pension Sanctioned After 15 Years: DoP&PW Success Story
- Family Pension Rules 2023 for LIC Retired Employees
- Is the Central Government contemplating the possibility of increasing the minimum pension?
- Grant of Notional Increment (as due on 1st July) for the Pensionary Benefits
- Pensioners Portal issued orders on granting of Dearness Relief to CG Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Commutation Factor Value of Pension Calculator
- Guidelines for Pensioners: Missing Pensioner
- Current Pension rate of Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) Pensioners
- Sharing of Family Pension to Eligible Widows or Children
- How to apply for granting Family Pension on the Death of Govt Servant, Pensioner, Family Pensioner