CSD facilities for Retired employees – MoD Order with CSD Canteen Smart Card Application Forms
CSD CANTEEN FACILITIES TO RETIRED DEFENCE CIVILIANS
1. Refer Army Order 02/2006/QMG
2. Government of India has decided to extend the CSD Canteen facilities to the Retired Defence Civilian Employees vide MoD letter No. F.No.8(14)/2015-D(Mov) dated 31 Jul 2015.
3. Eligibility : Retired Defence Civilian Employees of following departments who were not entitled to avail CSD facilities will now be entitled for CSD facilities:
(a) Ministry of Defence including those working in their respective attached offices and those working in lower military formations.
(b) Defence Audit Departments.
(c) Executive Officer Cantonment Board
(d) Hindutan Aeronautics Ltd personnel retired from Air Force Station Hyderabad, Jorhat, Air Force Academy, Dundigal (Hyderabad) and Air Force Station Yelahanka(Bangalore)
(e) Indian Defence Accounts Services.
(f) Secretariat Border Roads Development Board and HQ Director General Border Roads.
(g) Retired employees of Canteen Stores Departments who are getting pension from CSD Fund.
(h) MES Employees.
4. Entitlement : They will be entitled for only Grocery Stores. No Liquor will be authorised.
5. Validity : The cards will have a validity of 10 years, from the date of issue and will be renewed every year.
6. Process for applying for Retired Defence Civilian Employees Card : All Retired Defence Civilian Employees will apply for the Smart Card to the URC through which they want to avail the Canteen facilities after authentication of the application.
7. Authentication : The application form will be authenticated for its correctness by the Department from which the employees has retired. The form will be countersigned by an officer not below the Rank of Under Secretary or equivalent.
8. Documents to be submitted to Department URC : The following attested documents will be submitted to the URC :
(a) Application for Canteen Smart card duly countersigned by the competent authority.
(b) Govt order for Retirement.
(c) Copy of Pension Payment Order (PPO)
(d) Address Proof and Copy of PAN card.
(e) Payment of Rs.135 to the URC.
9. Guidelines for Authenticating Authority:
(a) Each concerned department shoud appoint officer authorised to countersigned and promulgate orders and forward details to this office.
(b) Countersigned officer will verify that all columns are filled correctly prior to countersigned.
10. Guidelines for URC : Vetting of application will be done at URC for correctness. The following will be checked :
(a) That application is filled in all respect and no column is left blank.
(b) Signature of Countersiging authority.
(c) All personal particulars are checked for correctness with PPO and other supporting documents.
(d) In case an application is rejected the same will be informed to the applicant.
(e) New card will be sent by M/s. Smart Chip Ltd to the URC for issue to applicant. URC will check details with individuals Departmental retired identity Card prior to issue of new Canteen Smart Card.
(f) Since large number of applications are likely to be received intially at the URCs, the URC Manager must exercise due diligence while scrutinising and verifying the applications.
11. Guidelines for SCL : The following will be ensured ;
(a) All applications are sent by CCTS to M/s. Smart Chip Ltd, at the earliest.
(b) On receipt of application check for correctness with existing records through old Grocery Card Number.
(c) Verify applicants personal details through PAN No. on www.verifypan.in
(d) Ensure previous card of applicatin is hotlised prior to handing over of new card for Retired Defence Civilian Employees.
12. The application form (Blue Color) for Retired Defence Civilian Employees attached as Appendix will be made available in the URCs at the earliest by M/s. Smart Chip Ltd.
13. This letter be given vide publicity by displaying at prominent places like URSs, Station HQs, CAO and other controlling HQs.
Read our Exclusive Article on this subject:
CSD Canteen Facilities for Retired Employees
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Kumaresh a says
My grand father was subedar major he is no more my gradma was drawing pension she is passed away whether my mother is entitled to apply for a csd smart card plase advise
Manjit Singh khera says
Are retired officer’s from ministry of defence entitled to purchase car through canteen stores department
Vipin vishwakarma says
What is the procedure of making csd card,,
K APPA RAO says
We are thankful to Government for having extended the CSD facilities to retired employees like us,which is a great relief to all the retired employees.
K APPA RAO says
I am an ex employee of OFD, HVF,,Avadi,Chennai and and a pensioner , retired as Sup A (Tech).,first batch ATS, I have applied for CSD smart Card as per G.O.,in OFD ,Medak ,(Shankarpalli) , Hyd. vide Application ref.No.900297 , with all the required formalities and attachments duly vetted by CSD, OFD, Medak. about 6 months back, . All my colleagues have got their cards who have applied along with me. I am yet to get my card . More ever I have not got any information about its short come if any,You are therefore requested to kindly get examined and arrange for the issue of the same at an early date under information to me.
Ex.Sup A HVF ,Avadi,
Kaustubh Rewadikar says
Request you to help me understand whether under this circular a widow of IOFS (Indian Ordnance Factory Services) class1 officer can apply for the CSD card.
I am under assumption that IOFS is under MOD’s jurisdiction so it should not be an issue.
Your guidance will help to take necessary steps as I am raising this query on behalf of couple of widow’s of the IOFS officers.
Cantonment board employee are also entitled for this or not.plz clear it
Patel Mustakali Ahmedbhai says
I was working in Defence Estates Office, Jodhpur Circle, Jodhpur (Raj.) and I was voluntarily retired on 05.03.2012.. Should I get the facility of CSD Grocery items. Please inform accordingly.
Just to know whether widows of MES officers/employees are also eligible for CSD facility as at present they are not entertaining the applications for same
Is it compulsory to draw groceries onlyfrom the UURC where the application is registered or can be drawn from other urcs also. In fact the card holder should be allowed to draw from anywhere.
Is this facility is also available to person who are compulsory retired from service and having a ppo order from alahabad issued to them and getting pension.reply to email
Manu Sharma says
This is extremely useful. Thank you for posting these details. Unfortunately, the attached ‘CSD Smart Card Application Format’ has been scanned in poor resolution and is therefore unreadable and unusable. A higher resolution application form is much needed.
S S Sethumadhavan says
Sir, regarding the form for applying CSD facility to retired defence employees attached herewith is of no use due to the following reason.
a) The copy is not kept straight on the scanner. It is in slanted position.
b) the copy is not legible.
It is requested that a clear copy of the form be copied and attached to it.
Vivek brah says
India suffers from increase of population,to prevent it govt needs to setup strict plan to educate all child of india upto graduate level. Retirement in 33yrs of govt service is justified. Considering the unemployment condition of the country. Retirement age 58,60 and 62yrs are not considerable.