Waiting Ticket Cancellation Charges – Cancellation Charges for Confirmed Train Ticket
Procedure for Cancellation of I-Tickets
Cancellation of Tickets Before Departure of Trains
Cancellation of I-Tickets can be done at any computerised reservation counter across the country and a cancellation ticket obtained. NO CASH REFUND will be given. The service charge is also not refundable. The refund amount will be credited to the respective credit card account electronically, the following day of cancellation. Refund of fare shall be made after deduction of cancellation charge of the fare as follows:
If a RAC/waitlisted is cancelled then Rs. 60/- (Per Passenger) shall be deducted If a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 48 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges shall be deducted @ Rs.240/- for AC First Class/Executive Class, Rs.200/- for AC 2 Tier/First Class, Rs. 180 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy, Rs.120/- for Sleeper Class and Rs.60/- for Second Class. Cancellation charges are per passenger. Cancellation charges are per passenger.
Cancellation Charges are per Passenger
If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
Cancellation of Tickets after the Departure of Trains
I-Tickets can also be cancelled in the above manner, at the boarding station, within 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
To Cancel Tickets After the Above Period
- Surrender the I-Ticket with the Station Master and obtain a Ticket Deposit Receipt.
- Prefer your claim for refund to the following address attaching the original copy of the Ticket Deposit Receipt: General Manager (Operations), General Manager (Operations),
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
1st Floor, Internet Ticketing Centre
IRCA Building, State Entry Road,
New Delhi – 110055
- IRCTC will process the refund claim with the Railway Administration and the refund granted by the Railway shall be credited to your credit card account.
- Refund claims under the above clause may require at least 90days or more for processing.
Cancellation of I-tickets in case of trains cancelled
I-Ticket can be cancelled up to 72 hrs after the scheduled departure of train at any computerised reservation counter. The above rules of Indian Railways are subject to change without prior notice
Counter Ticket Cancellation Rules
- This may be applicable only in case a valid mobile number has been given at the time of booking.
- Cancellation of tickets and refund of fare may be permitted for PRS counter tickets in normal circumstances only and not in case of late running of trains/cancellation of train etc.
- Online cancellation shall be permitted only up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train if the ticket is fully confirmed.
- Online cancellation shall be permitted only up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train if the ticket is RAC/Waitlist.
For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) before 24 hours of scheduled train departure time:
Refund of fare as permissible can be collected on submission of original PRS counter ticket from any PRS counter of Indian Railways up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure time of the train in case of confirmed tickets and up to thirty minutes before the scheduled departure time of the train in case of RAC/waitlisted tickets.
For tickets cancelled (including return journey tickets) between 24 hours and up to 4 hours for the confirmed tickets and up to thirty minutes for RAC/waitlisted tickets before the scheduled departure time: Refund of cancelled PRS counter tickets through IRCTC website or 139 at present is permitted only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations by surrendering original journey ticket. Please check the convenience of collecting a refund from the journey commencing station before cancelling your ticket
During the first two hours of the opening of PRS counters on the next day for the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure as under:- the time is (i) between 1801 hours and 0600 hours.
Up to 4 hours after the scheduled departure of the train during the working hours of PRS counters/current counters/special counters where the cancellation is permitted round the clock on the tickets for the trains whose scheduled departure time is (i) between 0601 hours and 1800 hours.
- Passenger details (Viz. name, age, gender, booking status, current status) and journey details will be displayed on the website.
- Once the passenger confirms full cancellation of PNR will be done and PNR will be marked as Cancelled but not refunded in the system. Seat/berth will be released. The refund amount due will also be displayed to the passenger on the website
- All the privilege/duty pass/PTOs/complimentary pass tickets may be allowed to be cancelled through the website. In the case of pass zero refund is permissible however, for the validity of the pass for fresh booking the passenger shall approach the counter to get the pass re-validated by marking the same cancelled against the earlier booked tickets as per prescribed rule.
- PTO’s tickets are issued on 1/3rd of the total basic fares and a normal cancellation charge is applicable in these tickets also. Therefore in many cases ticket value on PTOs is less than the cancellation charges therefore passengers may or may not cancel the tickets therefore cancellation across the IRCTC website may be allowed in the case of PTOs also.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF