DA latest News today 2021
The revised rate of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for all groups of Central Government employees and Pensioners from 1.7.2021 – Click to view the Finance Ministry Order
DA Latest News 2021: 28% DA Order PDF Download
- 28 Percent DA Order for CPSE Employees from July 2021 PDF
- 28% DA July 2021 Order to Railway Employees
- 28% DA from July 2021 Order for India Post Employees
DA Revoke FinMin Order PDF
20th July 2021: Today the Finance Ministry issued orders regarding that the Dearness Allowance is revised to Central Government Employees with effect from 1.7.2021. The new rate of Dearness Allowance is 28%. [Click to view the order in PDF]
Freezing DA Calculation
January 2020, July 2020 DA & January 2021 DA Calculation
The Cabinet Committee already approved to increase 4% additional DA from January 2020 on the basis of the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The next instalment from July 2020 is already decided to increase by 4% additionally (However, after the approval of the Cabinet Committee only the percentage of DA will decide!).
And another installment will also be expected to hike by 3% with effect from 1st January 2021. The below-expected DA list, which is used in our software tool for your information:
- 1st January 2020 = Additional DA 4% (17% + 4% = 21%)
- 1st July 2020 = Additional DA 4% (21% + 3% = 24%)
- 1st January 2021 = Additional DA 4% (24% + 4% = 28%)
- 1st July 2021 = Additional DA 4% (Expected) (28% + 4% = 32%)
The freezing period is 18 months (January 2020 to June 2021). 3 instalments of additional Dearness Relief was frozen. This tool helps to calculate the amount of Dearness Relief for the freezing period. This tool is exclusively designed for pensioners (Retired employees).
The freezing period for Dearness Allowance is 18 months (January 2020 to June 2021). Three instalments of additional Dearness Relief was frozen to all groups of Central Goverment employees, Railways and CPSE. This tool helps to calculate the amount of Dearness Allowance for the freezing period of 18 months. This tool is exclusively designed for serving employees.
DA and DR from July 2021
A fake document regarding the grant of Dearness Allowance is circulating on Social Media recently. The document is fake and Finance Ministry has not yet issued any order regarding the hike in DA from July 2021.
NC JCM Demands to Restored DA & DR
Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief as per 7th pay commission for Central Government employees Latest News – 3 Pending Installments of DA and DR to be restored from July 2021. The NC JCM Secretary said that there should not be any doubt that freezing of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief will continue even after 30th June 2021 – Said Cabinet Secretary [Click to view in detail]
AIRF Demands to Withdraw Freezing of DA
The Secreatry General writes to Finance Minister to withdraw the freezing of Dearness Allowance immediately. He said, the orders of freezing Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief be withdrawn to boost the morale of the Railway Employees and other Central Government Employees who are fighting day-and-night against the COVID-19 Pandemic. [Click to read full story]
Confederation Demands to Relese DA & DR
Release of 3 installments of DA to CG Employees and Pensioners – Confederation. Immediate release of three installments of DA / DR due to the Central Government Employees and Pensioners from 1/1/2020, 1/7/2020 and 1/1/2021. [Click to read in detail]
DA & DR will be restored from July 2021
In Parliament, the Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur said in a written reply that the Central Government saved more than Rs. 37530.08 crore from the freezing of 3 instalments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief. He added that the 3 additional instalments of DA and DR will be restored from July 2021.
The full text of the written reply on 9 March 2021 is given below:
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Unstarred Question No. 1669
To be answered on Tuesday, 9th March 2021
Phalguna 18, 1942 (Saka)
Freezing of DA
1669: Shri Naranbhai J. Rathwa:
Will the Minister of Finance be pleased to state:
a) whether freezing of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees/pensioners till July 2021 has subjected them to undue hardship;
b) if so, the reasons for not restoring DA to Central Government Employees and pensioners before July 2021; and
c) whether Central Government employees and pensioners are not entitled to three instalments of DA and, if so, whether Government would also release these instalments and, if not, reasons therefor?
Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance
(Shri Anurag Thakur)
(a,& b) In view of the crisis arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government has decided to freeze three instalments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief to Central Government employees and pensioners due from 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 & 01.01.2021. The amount Rs.37530.08 crores saved on this account will help to tide over the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
(c) As and when the decision to release the future instalments of Dearness Allowance due from 01.07.2021 is taken, the rates of DA as effective from 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021 will be restored prospectively and will be subsumed in the cumulative revised rates effective from 01.07.2021.
Grant DA Arrears from January 2020
The Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers is demanding to grant the arrears of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for the period between January 2020 to July 2021. The first demand is “Grant the arrears of DA/DR for the period between 1.1.2020 to 1.07.2021 held back by the Government to the employees and pensioners immediately.'”. [Click to read full story]
DA Arrears from Jan 2020 – IRTSA Letter
The Central President of the Indian Railways Technical Supervisors Association (IRTSA) writes a letter to the Finance Minister regarding the payment of additional installments of DA and DR due on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 & 01.01.2021 with arrears to all Central Govt employees and pensioners. [Click to read the letter]
DA to Supreme Court High Court Judges
The revison of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Releif to Supreme Court and High Court Judges from the existing rate of 17% to 28% with effect from 1st July 2021. [Click to view more detail]
DA Freeze Latest News Today
- Grant DA Arrears between January 2020 to July 2021 – Confederation September 3, 2021
- DA Arrears from January 2020 to CG Employees and Pensioners – IRTSA August 1, 2021
- 48th Meeting of the National Council (JCM) on 26.06.2021 June 18, 2021
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance: Guidelines for freezing of the IDA March 27, 2021
- Payment of DA to Armed Forces Officers and PBORs including NCs (E)- Revised rates effective from Jan 2017 March 14, 2021
- Release of 3 installments of DA to CG Employees and Pensioners – Confederation January 25, 2021
- Freezing of DA to CG Employees and Pensioners – Secretary of NC JCM January 21, 2021
- Payment of DA to CG employees at current rates – Confederation January 17, 2021
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Employees of CPSE December 3, 2020
- Loss of Gratuity and Leave Salary Due to Freezing of Dearness Allowance October 10, 2020
- No Additional DA for Central Govt Employees and Pensioners up to June 2021 October 2, 2020
- DA/DR Freeze: Urging upon the Government of India to withdraw the decision of DA/DR freeze September 11, 2020
- NCCPA appeal to release 7% of Dearness Relief with Arrears to Pensioners July 7, 2020
- Withdraw the orders on freezing the DA and impounding of arrears of Central Govt. Employees and Pensioners till June 30th 2021 June 30, 2020
- Freezing of Industrial Dearness Allowance – DoT Clarification 26.5.2020 June 28, 2020
- Delhi High Court Dismisses Plea against Centre’s decision on Freezing of DA and DR June 2, 2020
- Freezing of DA to CG Employees and DR to CG Pensioners – Hardship and legal implications May 29, 2020
- No orders on Freezing of IDA (Industrial Dearness Allowance) and IDR (Industrial Dearness Relief) May 28, 2020
- Withdraw the decision on Freezing of DA and DR to Railway Employees May 15, 2020
- Freezing of DA to employees drawing CDA Pay Scale at current rates till July 2021 April 30, 2020
What is the meaning of Freezing of DA?
Granting of additional Dearness Allowance to all categories of Central Govt employees will be stopped in a particular period is called ‘Freezing of DA’
When will restore DA and DR?
The frozen period for DA and DR has been declared from January 2020 to June 2021. As per the Government order, the DA and DR will be restored in the month of July 2021.
What will be DA in June 2021?
As per the trending of AICPIN, the DA may reach a minimum of 30% and a maximum of 31%.
What is the final DA for June 2021?
As per the DA calculation recommended by the 7th Pay Commission, the percentage of DA will be 31% for the period of January to June 2021.
What will be DA from Jan 2022?
At present we cannot find the exact percentage of DA from January 2022. After releasing October 2021 AICPIN data, anyone could guess the DA percentage.