Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective from 1st July 2021 onwards
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
(Establishment Division)/P.A.P. Section
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110 001.
Dated: 27 October 2021
1. All Chief Postmasters General/ Postmasters General
2. The Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/ PLI Directorate
3. Director RAKNPA/GM CEPT/Directors of All PTCs,
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance)/ DAP/ DDAP
Sub: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective from 01.07.2021 onwards —reg.
Consequent upon grant of another installment of Dearness Allowance with effect from 1st July, 2021 to the Central Government Employees vide Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No. 1/4/2021-E.II(B) dated 25.10.2021, duly endorsed vide this Department’s letters No. 08/2/2021-PAP dated 26.10.2021, the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) have also become entitled to the payment of Dearness Allowances on basic TRCA at the same rates as applicable to Central Government Employees with effect from 01.07.2021. It has, therefore, been decided that the Dearness Allowance payable to the Gramin Dak Sevaks shall be at the same rates as payable to Central Government Employees i.e. @ 31% (percent) with effect from the 1st July, 2021.
2. The expenditure on this account shall be debited to the Head “Salaries” under the relevant head of account and should be met from the sanctioned grant.
3. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their Diary No. 116/2021-22/FA-CS(P) dated 27.10.2021.
Assistant Director General (Estt.-1/SCT)
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF