50% DA MERGER – Impact of merger of 50% DA with basic pay
Any possible to convert 50% of dearness allowance to dearness pay..!
Everyone’s pointing fingers at “Parliament Election”…!
50% DA MERGER
50% of dearness allowance had been merged with basic pay for Central Government Employees and Pensioners with effect from 1.4.2004. This was followed the recommendation of 5th Central Pay Commission and the Union Government had decided to merge 50% of dearness allowance with baisc pay and issued orders on 1.3.2004. (61% – 50% = 11%) 50% of dearness allowance merged with basic pay and remaining 11% had been issued as normal dearness allowance with effect from 1.1.2004.
Example : An employee’s Basic Pay had revised as under on 1.1.2004 after 50 % DA merged with basic pay…
|BP||DA 61%||Total||BP||DP||Remaining percentage of Dearness allowance 11%||Total||Difference|
[And the next instalment of additional dearness allowance from 1.7.2004 declared as 3%, then the total dearness allowance went up to 14%. When implementation of 6th CPC, the above employee’s basic pay was 4200 as on 1.1.2006, it just multiply with 1.86 and add with corresponding grade pay.]Everybody thinking as more benefit on 50% of DA merge with basic pay…not like that..!
It is essential to CG Employees, of course for others, getting from some other way in hike in regular income…
For Example, an employee’s basic pay Rs.10000 as on 1.1.2011, after merging of 50% dearness allowance the calculation is clearly shows the difference only 50 rupees per month…
|BP||DA 51%||Total||BP||DP||Remaining percentage of DA 1%||Total||Difference|
“Note that the 50% of Dearness allowance will not merged with basic pay, instead of the amount showing only as ‘Dearness Pay’. This amount will pay upto only the date of implementation of 7th pay commission.
This is only as a advance hike for all employees before the implementation of 7th CPC.
When fixation of pay on the recommendations of 7th CPC on 1.1.2016 according to the revised pay rules, the amount of ‘basic pay’ will be taken without dearness pay.
For example, approximately basic pay of the above employee will be 12,250 as on 1.1.2016 . This amount only will be taken as Basic Pay for the calculation of pay fixation against the amount of 18,375.
The enhanced amount will be given for us as ‘Interim Relief’ for the period between announcement and implementation…It is not at all merged with ‘Basic Pay’..!
We can hear, what about hike in HRA and other entitlements…The rate of HRA is provided according to the cities, like 10, 20 and 30%. Don’t think all Central Govt Employees are getting 30%. And one more important points is the percentage hike in HRA will not applicable to those who are living in Government Quarters. In major metropolitan cities, thousands of employees are residing with Government Accommodation. They will pay more as HRA to Government and they don’t bother about increasing in HRA.
Transport Allowance is providing according to their GP and classified cites, the amount is vary from 400 to 3200 plus DA thereon. The DA amount may decrease when 50% of DA merged with basic pay.
So, ultimately hike in Basic pay only the factor is more beneficial in DA Merger.But in 6th CPC there was no recommendation to convert dearness allowance as dearness pay each time the CPI increase by 50% over the base index recommended in pay commission report.
All Central Government employees federations are showing maximum effort to achieve the demand of “Merger of 50% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay” at this time.
Federations sources said, there will be chance to announce before March…!
Latest News on DA Merger for CG Employees:
- Merger of DA with the Basic Pay from April 2004 to Running Staff – NFIR Letter Dated 30.3.2021 April 2, 2021
- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay from April 2004 for Running Staff – Railway Board March 10, 2017
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits October 20, 2016
- Merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment – BSNL Orders issued July 21, 2016
- Dorai focus on two crucial issues of 50% DA Merger and 3% Increment April 25, 2016
- 6th Pay Commission Dearness Allowance ends with 6% hike at 125% March 25, 2016
- Merge DA with Basic this year and Defer Increments: Pay Panel Member February 15, 2016
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks September 23, 2015
- Seeking Merger of DA and Oppose reduce the Retirement age – DPCC August 25, 2015
- Denial of interim relief and the benefit of merger of DA with Pay must be viewed very seriously – NC JCM June 22, 2015
- DA to CPSE Employees from Jan 15 – 262% to 273% for without 50% DA Merger – 212% to 223% with 50% DA Merger May 14, 2015
- Order for Merger of 50% DA, Retirement age news goes viral in Social Media May 5, 2015
- NC JCM writes to PM regarding the pending demands of Central Govt Employees – DA Merger, NPS, Interim Relief, Promotion and Bonus issues May 1, 2015
- Pensioners seek 50% da merger and Bus travel concession April 16, 2015
- Meeting with 7th Pay Commission and DoPT on 25.2.2015 – Confederation publishes brief resume of the discussions February 27, 2015
- JCM Staff Side Meeting with 7th Pay Commission – Discussion about DA Merger and Interim Relief February 25, 2015
- NFIR – 55 Point Charter of Demands Including DA Merger, Interim Relief and Scrap NPS February 24, 2015
- Meeting between JCM Staff Side & 7th Pay Commission – Discussion on DA Merger & Interim Relief – NFIR February 19, 2015
- Decisions taken National Joint Council of Action meeting held on 16.02.2015 on 7th CPC, DA Merger issues February 17, 2015
- NMC urges FM to raise IT exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, exclude DA from IT calculation, Merge DA in Basic Pay & Pension etc. February 16, 2015
- Central Govt refused Interim Relief and DA Merger – Assured for 7th CPC Report on time January 29, 2015
- Central Trade Unions submits Joint Memorandum including DA Merger and 5 Lakh IT Exemption to Finance Minister January 21, 2015
- Staff Side NC JCM writes to Cabinet Secretary for Interim Relief, Merger of DA January 13, 2015
- Will the 7th Pay Commission present an Interim Report to the Centre? December 18, 2014
- National Council Staff Side JCM meets today (11.12.2014) – Eyes of all look expectantly on the demand of DA Merger and Interim Relief December 11, 2014
- NDA AND UP TWO SIDES OF SAME COIN – EDITORIAL POSTAL CRUSADER DECEMBER-2014 December 1, 2014
- Whether 7th Pay Commission proposes to submit Interim Report? November 24, 2014
- DA Merger & Interim Relief – National Convention of NC JCM Meeting on 11.12.2014 – INDWF Circular November 23, 2014
- Government of India is reluctant to consider Merger of DA, Interim relief, scrapping of New Pension Scheme November 19, 2014
- CONFEDERATION MASS SQUATTING ON 18TH NOVEMBER 2014 – PRESS MEET BY TAMILNADU CONFEDERATION November 19, 2014
- DA MERGER – INTERIM RELIEF – DATE OF EFFECT OF 7TH CPC RECOMMENDATIONS FROM 01.01.2014 November 18, 2014
- JCM NATIONAL COUNCIL STAFF SIDE – ALL INDIA CONVENTION ON 11.12.2014 November 1, 2014
- JCM STAFF SIDE UNITY SHOULD BE FOR STRUGGLE October 31, 2014
- National Convention of the NC (JCM Staff Side) for DA Merger and Interim Relief October 28, 2014
- Central Government Employees Federations to observe Protest Day on 5th December October 27, 2014
- National Convention will adopt a joint resolution on DA Merger, Interim Relief October 22, 2014
- National Council JCM Staff Side Meeting Will Be Held Tomorrow October 11, 2014
- Is Interim Relief Likely for Central Government Employees? October 10, 2014
- Demands for DA Merger & Interim Relief strengthen Once again…NC JCM Staff Side emergency meeting on October 12 October 6, 2014
- Urgent meeting of the Staff Side of JCM (National Council) on 12.10.2014 October 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION DECLARES NEXT PROGRAMME OF ACTION October 2, 2014
- CG Employees Launch Countrywide Stir Demanding 7th Pay Commission Interim Relief September 22, 2014
- DA from July 2014 – Cabinet may declare 7% in this month for CG Staff September 1, 2014
- Negation of the promises – Granting Interim Relief-Merger of DA, LTC by Air and Exemption of Income Tax August 28, 2014
- BRMS demands to merge 50% DA and Grant Rs.7000 as Interim Relief August 16, 2014
- Memorandum of Interim Relief and merger of Dearness allowance–Confederation News July 27, 2014
- NO MERGER OF DA – FINANCE MINISTRY REPLY TO NATIONAL COUNCIL SECRETARY July 3, 2014
- PENDING DEMANDS OF CG EMPLOYEES AND NEW GOVERNMENT – CONFEDERATION NEWS June 18, 2014
- Demand for 50% DA Merger presented to the new government June 16, 2014
- Feedback of meeting with Cabinet Secretary–Regarding of DA Merger & Interim Relief June 14, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER : Merger of DA with Pay and sanction of Interim Relief for the Central Government Employees June 14, 2014
- 50% Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay–NFIR Writes to New FM on 28.5.2014 May 30, 2014
- AIRF demanded to the 7th Pay Commission including Merger of DA and Interim Relief May 29, 2014
- Central employees awaiting next govt nod on DA merger March 19, 2014
- NMC pleads with seventh CPC for merger of 50% DA March 12, 2014
- Expectations for 50% DA Merger and Retirement age turn into disappointments March 7, 2014
- Can the govt servants get 30% Salary hike on account of 50% DA Merger? – An analysis March 7, 2014
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement Age 62 – High hopes fading due to announcement of election dates… March 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION CALLS FOR PROTEST AGAINST THE ARBITRARY AND UNILATERAL DECISION OF THE GOVERNMENT March 2, 2014
- 7th Pay Commission can suggest the Merger of DA in its interim report… March 1, 2014
- Whether 50% DA Merger will be approved or not..? March 1, 2014
- 50% Merger of DA and Retirement Age 62 – No discussion in the Cabinet Meeting March 1, 2014
- Cabinet Approves Merger of DA with Basic Pay February 28, 2014
- CABINET APPROVED 10% DA HIKE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS February 28, 2014
- Merger of D.A., 7th CPC ToR and Raising Retirement age 62–Cabinet will decide today..! February 28, 2014
- Impact of Merger of 50% DA in Basic Pay February 27, 2014
- Retirement Age 62 and 10% DA from Jan 2014 – Cabinet expected to clear on Friday (28.202014) February 26, 2014
- 50% DA Merger, Retirement Age 62 and Interim Relief – Cabinet is likely to clear some of these demands..! February 24, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of merger of 50% DA with basic pay February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger – BSNL Employees Union February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger February 23, 2014
- Central Govt to pay the Dearness allowance for state government employees February 23, 2014
- Merger of 100% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2014 and Merger of 50% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2011 February 21, 2014
- AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay February 21, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and grant of Interim Relief – NFIR February 21, 2014
- Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC ToR – Cabinet likely to approve 7th CPC ToR February 20, 2014
- 50% DA MERGE OR INTERIM RELIEF FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES February 17, 2014
- Latest 50% DA Merger News February 4, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay January 30, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA will soon be considered by Central Government before the budget session… January 17, 2014
- Retirement Age 62, Merger of DA, Scrapping of NPS, inclusion of federation leaders in 7th CPC etc. – Memorandum submitted to PM January 8, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Pay of the Central Government Employees – reg. November 13, 2013