Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC ToR – Cabinet likely to approve 7th CPC ToR
Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC Terms of Reference – Union Cabinet likely to approve the 7th CPC Terms of Refernce in the next meeting, media sources said.
“To woo central government employees ahead of the general elections, the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is expected to ask the Seventh Pay Commission to consider merging 50 per cent dearness allowance (DA) with basic pay of employees.
This will form part of the terms of reference (ToR) for the Commission, to be considered by the Cabinet this week.
According to officials, the Pay Commission’s ToR categorically states a proposal in this regard should be actively considered.
The increases will be even more appealing as the Centre is expected to increase the DA by 10 per cent to 100 per cent by the end of February. Usually, the DA is merged with basic pay when the former goes beyond 50 per cent. It is 90 per cent now, but has not been merged so far.
Assuming an employee gets Rs 100 as basic pay and Rs 100 as DA at present, the basic will rise to Rs 150, even if 50 per cent allowance is merged. . A higher basic pay will also impact the house rent allowance (HRA) of employees as it is calculated at 30 per cent of the basic pay for central government employees.
DA is linked to the consumer price index (industrial workers). The government uses CPI-IW data of the past 12 months to arrive at a quantum for calculating any DA hike. The allowance will be announced from January. As such, the retail inflation for industrial workers between January 1 to December 31, 2013 would be used to take a final call on the matter. The average inflation during this period had stood at 10.66 per cent.
Earlier this month, the government had constituted the Pay Commission under the chairmanship of former Supreme Court Judge Ashok Kumar Mathur.
The other members of the panel are Petroleum Secretary Vivek Rae (full-time member), National Institute of Public Finance and Policy Director Rathin Roy (part-time member) and Officer on Special Duty in the Expenditure Department Meena Agarwal (Secretary).
The Commission’s recommendations would be implemented from January 1, 2016, officials said. However, it may recommend interim relief as well, they added.
The Commission’s recommendations will directly benefit almost five million employees and three million pensioners. Employees of state governments, which will adopt the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission will also benefit.
Some officials said the Cabinet is also expected to consider another proposal to modify the Prime Minister’s 15-point programme for minorities, which will enable allocation of at least 15 per cent of the total funds for welfare of minorities in major programmes such as National Rural Health Mission, Rashtriya Mahila Shiksha Abhiyan, Employment and Skill Development”.
Latest News on DA Merger for CG Employees:
- Merger of DA with the Basic Pay from April 2004 to Running Staff – NFIR Letter Dated 30.3.2021 April 2, 2021
- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay from April 2004 for Running Staff – Railway Board March 10, 2017
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits October 20, 2016
- Merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment – BSNL Orders issued July 21, 2016
- Dorai focus on two crucial issues of 50% DA Merger and 3% Increment April 25, 2016
- 6th Pay Commission Dearness Allowance ends with 6% hike at 125% March 25, 2016
- Merge DA with Basic this year and Defer Increments: Pay Panel Member February 15, 2016
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks September 23, 2015
- Seeking Merger of DA and Oppose reduce the Retirement age – DPCC August 25, 2015
- Denial of interim relief and the benefit of merger of DA with Pay must be viewed very seriously – NC JCM June 22, 2015
- DA to CPSE Employees from Jan 15 – 262% to 273% for without 50% DA Merger – 212% to 223% with 50% DA Merger May 14, 2015
- Order for Merger of 50% DA, Retirement age news goes viral in Social Media May 5, 2015
- NC JCM writes to PM regarding the pending demands of Central Govt Employees – DA Merger, NPS, Interim Relief, Promotion and Bonus issues May 1, 2015
- Pensioners seek 50% da merger and Bus travel concession April 16, 2015
- Meeting with 7th Pay Commission and DoPT on 25.2.2015 – Confederation publishes brief resume of the discussions February 27, 2015
- JCM Staff Side Meeting with 7th Pay Commission – Discussion about DA Merger and Interim Relief February 25, 2015
- NFIR – 55 Point Charter of Demands Including DA Merger, Interim Relief and Scrap NPS February 24, 2015
- Meeting between JCM Staff Side & 7th Pay Commission – Discussion on DA Merger & Interim Relief – NFIR February 19, 2015
- Decisions taken National Joint Council of Action meeting held on 16.02.2015 on 7th CPC, DA Merger issues February 17, 2015
- NMC urges FM to raise IT exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, exclude DA from IT calculation, Merge DA in Basic Pay & Pension etc. February 16, 2015
- Central Govt refused Interim Relief and DA Merger – Assured for 7th CPC Report on time January 29, 2015
- Central Trade Unions submits Joint Memorandum including DA Merger and 5 Lakh IT Exemption to Finance Minister January 21, 2015
- Staff Side NC JCM writes to Cabinet Secretary for Interim Relief, Merger of DA January 13, 2015
- Will the 7th Pay Commission present an Interim Report to the Centre? December 18, 2014
- National Council Staff Side JCM meets today (11.12.2014) – Eyes of all look expectantly on the demand of DA Merger and Interim Relief December 11, 2014
- NDA AND UP TWO SIDES OF SAME COIN – EDITORIAL POSTAL CRUSADER DECEMBER-2014 December 1, 2014
- Whether 7th Pay Commission proposes to submit Interim Report? November 24, 2014
- DA Merger & Interim Relief – National Convention of NC JCM Meeting on 11.12.2014 – INDWF Circular November 23, 2014
- Government of India is reluctant to consider Merger of DA, Interim relief, scrapping of New Pension Scheme November 19, 2014
- CONFEDERATION MASS SQUATTING ON 18TH NOVEMBER 2014 – PRESS MEET BY TAMILNADU CONFEDERATION November 19, 2014
- DA MERGER – INTERIM RELIEF – DATE OF EFFECT OF 7TH CPC RECOMMENDATIONS FROM 01.01.2014 November 18, 2014
- JCM NATIONAL COUNCIL STAFF SIDE – ALL INDIA CONVENTION ON 11.12.2014 November 1, 2014
- JCM STAFF SIDE UNITY SHOULD BE FOR STRUGGLE October 31, 2014
- National Convention of the NC (JCM Staff Side) for DA Merger and Interim Relief October 28, 2014
- Central Government Employees Federations to observe Protest Day on 5th December October 27, 2014
- National Convention will adopt a joint resolution on DA Merger, Interim Relief October 22, 2014
- National Council JCM Staff Side Meeting Will Be Held Tomorrow October 11, 2014
- Is Interim Relief Likely for Central Government Employees? October 10, 2014
- Demands for DA Merger & Interim Relief strengthen Once again…NC JCM Staff Side emergency meeting on October 12 October 6, 2014
- Urgent meeting of the Staff Side of JCM (National Council) on 12.10.2014 October 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION DECLARES NEXT PROGRAMME OF ACTION October 2, 2014
- CG Employees Launch Countrywide Stir Demanding 7th Pay Commission Interim Relief September 22, 2014
- DA from July 2014 – Cabinet may declare 7% in this month for CG Staff September 1, 2014
- Negation of the promises – Granting Interim Relief-Merger of DA, LTC by Air and Exemption of Income Tax August 28, 2014
- BRMS demands to merge 50% DA and Grant Rs.7000 as Interim Relief August 16, 2014
- Memorandum of Interim Relief and merger of Dearness allowance–Confederation News July 27, 2014
- NO MERGER OF DA – FINANCE MINISTRY REPLY TO NATIONAL COUNCIL SECRETARY July 3, 2014
- PENDING DEMANDS OF CG EMPLOYEES AND NEW GOVERNMENT – CONFEDERATION NEWS June 18, 2014
- Demand for 50% DA Merger presented to the new government June 16, 2014
- Feedback of meeting with Cabinet Secretary–Regarding of DA Merger & Interim Relief June 14, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER : Merger of DA with Pay and sanction of Interim Relief for the Central Government Employees June 14, 2014
- 50% Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay–NFIR Writes to New FM on 28.5.2014 May 30, 2014
- AIRF demanded to the 7th Pay Commission including Merger of DA and Interim Relief May 29, 2014
- Central employees awaiting next govt nod on DA merger March 19, 2014
- NMC pleads with seventh CPC for merger of 50% DA March 12, 2014
- Expectations for 50% DA Merger and Retirement age turn into disappointments March 7, 2014
- Can the govt servants get 30% Salary hike on account of 50% DA Merger? – An analysis March 7, 2014
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement Age 62 – High hopes fading due to announcement of election dates… March 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION CALLS FOR PROTEST AGAINST THE ARBITRARY AND UNILATERAL DECISION OF THE GOVERNMENT March 2, 2014
- 7th Pay Commission can suggest the Merger of DA in its interim report… March 1, 2014
- Whether 50% DA Merger will be approved or not..? March 1, 2014
- 50% Merger of DA and Retirement Age 62 – No discussion in the Cabinet Meeting March 1, 2014
- Cabinet Approves Merger of DA with Basic Pay February 28, 2014
- CABINET APPROVED 10% DA HIKE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS February 28, 2014
- Merger of D.A., 7th CPC ToR and Raising Retirement age 62–Cabinet will decide today..! February 28, 2014
- Impact of Merger of 50% DA in Basic Pay February 27, 2014
- Retirement Age 62 and 10% DA from Jan 2014 – Cabinet expected to clear on Friday (28.202014) February 26, 2014
- 50% DA Merger, Retirement Age 62 and Interim Relief – Cabinet is likely to clear some of these demands..! February 24, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of merger of 50% DA with basic pay February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger – BSNL Employees Union February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger February 23, 2014
- Central Govt to pay the Dearness allowance for state government employees February 23, 2014
- Merger of 100% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2014 and Merger of 50% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2011 February 21, 2014
- AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay February 21, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and grant of Interim Relief – NFIR February 21, 2014
- Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC ToR – Cabinet likely to approve 7th CPC ToR February 20, 2014
- 50% DA MERGE OR INTERIM RELIEF FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES February 17, 2014
- Latest 50% DA Merger News February 4, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay January 30, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA will soon be considered by Central Government before the budget session… January 17, 2014
- Retirement Age 62, Merger of DA, Scrapping of NPS, inclusion of federation leaders in 7th CPC etc. – Memorandum submitted to PM January 8, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Pay of the Central Government Employees – reg. November 13, 2013