NFIR’s 55 Point Charter of Demands Including DA Merger, Interim Relief and Scrap NPS
1. Withdraw FDI, PPP in Railways – Stop Out Sourcing, Contractorisation and Privatization.
2. Scrap New Pension Scheme in Railways and restore liberalised pension scheme.
3. DA merger with pay with retrospective effect and payment of Interim Relief to Central Government employees (serving and retired).
4. Calculation and payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) on actual wages.
5. Transport Allowance be exempted from the purview of Income Tax.
6. Increase contribution to Group Insurance Scheme (GIS) by atleast 10-times for all Government employees.
7. Merge Technician-II with Technician-1 with Grade Pay Rs.2800/- (PB-I) in Railways.
8. Revise entry grade pay of Station Masters as Rs.4200/- in PB-2.
9. Replacement of Grade Pay Rs.4600/- with Rs.4800/- (PB-2) w.e.f. 01/01/2006.
10. Revise upwardly the kilometrage rates of Running Staff w.e.f. 01/01/2006 – Settle Running Staff issues as per agreement dated 7th February, 2014.
11. Implement agreement for Up-gradation of Apex Group ‘C’ posts to Group ‘B’ Gazetted in Railways.
12. Allotment of higher Grade Pay to the Loco Pilots and Guards.
13. Count Temporary status Casual Labour Service in full as qualifying service for retirement and other purposes.
14. Allot entry Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- to the Group ‘B’ Gazetted staff.
15. LARSGESS be extended to GP Rs. 2400/- and above.
16. Track patrolling – Support man provision be complied with.
17. Rectify MACPS anomalies.
18. Rectify Sixth CPC anomalies.
19. Enhance Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.500/- p.m. to not less than Rs.2000/- p.m., for all retired employees.
20. Extend special privileges and facilities for Women employees for their
21. Ensure full implementation of the report of Joint Committee for career
growth of Track Maintainers.
22. Abolish 12/- Hours duty in Railways – Introduce 8 hours duty roster for Running and Safety categories staff. Classify Running Staff working high
speed trains as “Intensive” – NFIR’s proposals on the recommendations of High Power Committee (R&S) be considered for reaching negotiated settlement.
23. Remove hardships being faced by Train Controllers.
24. Reduce Duty Hours of Nursing Staff, thus honour Government’s decision.
25. Create ticket checking staff posts for manning trains.
26. Casual Labour acquired temporary status prior to 01/01/2004 should be covered under Liberalised Pension Scheme.
27. Implement norms approved by Railway Board and sanction new posts of SSE/JE (Signal), ESM, Helper (Signal) etc.
28. Amend Rules for providing employment to Wards of Employees.
29. Provide quality Health care to employees, their families besides retired employees.
30. Fill vacancies of Doctors, Para Medical Staff and provide Super specialists in all Railway Hospitals — enhance superannuation age of Railway Doctors.
31. Cover all Railway employees under Incentive Scheme in Workshops, PUs etc., wherever not covered.
32. Grant parity in Pay Structure for Stenographers in Railways at par with CSS/RBSS.
33. Training Allowance should be revised to 30% of pay in all Training Centres/Schools.
34. Implement agreement on stepping up of pay of Loco Inspectors.
35. Review SPAD definition – Prevent harassment and victimisation of Running and safety categories staff.
36. Make upward revision of Income Tax exemption limit in the case of running staff.
37. Running Rooms should be improved, air-conditioned and upgraded on priority.
38. Grant Project incentive allowance to the staff working in projects on Indian Railways.
39. Negotiating foras of PNM, DC/JCM & NC/JCM should be made effective for resolving issues speedily – Implement agreements reached in PNM, DC/JCM & special meetings etc., immediately.
40. Ensure creation of posts in safety/operational/public image categories for manning new services and maintaining new assets without linking to matching surrender.
41. Grant Daily Allowance to Staff Car Drivers.
42. Absorb quasi administrative units/offices staff against posts in GP Rs. 1800/- PB-1.
43. Induct Course Completed Act Apprentice against vacancies.
44. Ensure quality Uniform to all employees and supply of quality protective gears — concede NFIR’s proposals.
45. Grant Patient Care Allowance to all para-medical staff.
46. Provision of single woman Hostel facility at all Divisional Headquarters and important stations.
47. Setting up of a multi-disciplinary training institute for imparting training in rail related electronic technologies for the wards of Railway Employees.
48. Extension of medical facilities to the dependent parents of railway employees.
49. Liberalize compassionate appointment provisions.
50. Remove restrictions on payment of Children Education Allowance/Hostel subsidy.
51. Allot adequate funds for maintenance of Railway Quarters as well as construction of new quarters.
52. Introduce warning/ Hooter system to prevent deaths of Track Maintainers etc., while on duty.
53. Grant Study leave with attendant incentives liberally o the employees for pursuing higher studies.
54. Enhance Night Patrolling Allowance for Track Maintainers.
55. Allot Pay Band-4 to Junior Administrative Grade Officers in Railways.
Latest News on DA Merger for CG Employees:
- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay from April 2004 for Running Staff – Railway Board March 10, 2017
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits October 20, 2016
- Merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment – BSNL Orders issued July 21, 2016
- Dorai focus on two crucial issues of 50% DA Merger and 3% Increment April 25, 2016
- 6th Pay Commission Dearness Allowance ends with 6% hike at 125% March 25, 2016
- Merge DA with Basic this year and Defer Increments: Pay Panel Member February 15, 2016
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks September 23, 2015
- Seeking Merger of DA and Oppose reduce the Retirement age – DPCC August 25, 2015
- Denial of interim relief and the benefit of merger of DA with Pay must be viewed very seriously – NC JCM June 22, 2015
- DA to CPSE Employees from Jan 15 – 262% to 273% for without 50% DA Merger – 212% to 223% with 50% DA Merger May 14, 2015
- Order for Merger of 50% DA, Retirement age news goes viral in Social Media May 5, 2015
- NC JCM writes to PM regarding the pending demands of Central Govt Employees – DA Merger, NPS, Interim Relief, Promotion and Bonus issues May 1, 2015
- Pensioners seek 50% da merger and Bus travel concession April 16, 2015
- Meeting with 7th Pay Commission and DoPT on 25.2.2015 – Confederation publishes brief resume of the discussions February 27, 2015
- JCM Staff Side Meeting with 7th Pay Commission – Discussion about DA Merger and Interim Relief February 25, 2015
- NFIR – 55 Point Charter of Demands Including DA Merger, Interim Relief and Scrap NPS February 24, 2015
- Meeting between JCM Staff Side & 7th Pay Commission – Discussion on DA Merger & Interim Relief – NFIR February 19, 2015
- Decisions taken National Joint Council of Action meeting held on 16.02.2015 on 7th CPC, DA Merger issues February 17, 2015
- NMC urges FM to raise IT exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, exclude DA from IT calculation, Merge DA in Basic Pay & Pension etc. February 16, 2015
- Central Govt refused Interim Relief and DA Merger – Assured for 7th CPC Report on time January 29, 2015
- Central Trade Unions submits Joint Memorandum including DA Merger and 5 Lakh IT Exemption to Finance Minister January 21, 2015
- Staff Side NC JCM writes to Cabinet Secretary for Interim Relief, Merger of DA January 13, 2015
- Will the 7th Pay Commission present an Interim Report to the Centre? December 18, 2014
- National Council Staff Side JCM meets today (11.12.2014) – Eyes of all look expectantly on the demand of DA Merger and Interim Relief December 11, 2014
- NDA AND UP TWO SIDES OF SAME COIN – EDITORIAL POSTAL CRUSADER DECEMBER-2014 December 1, 2014
- Whether 7th Pay Commission proposes to submit Interim Report? November 24, 2014
- DA Merger & Interim Relief – National Convention of NC JCM Meeting on 11.12.2014 – INDWF Circular November 23, 2014
- Government of India is reluctant to consider Merger of DA, Interim relief, scrapping of New Pension Scheme November 19, 2014
- CONFEDERATION MASS SQUATTING ON 18TH NOVEMBER 2014 – PRESS MEET BY TAMILNADU CONFEDERATION November 19, 2014
- DA MERGER – INTERIM RELIEF – DATE OF EFFECT OF 7TH CPC RECOMMENDATIONS FROM 01.01.2014 November 18, 2014
- JCM NATIONAL COUNCIL STAFF SIDE – ALL INDIA CONVENTION ON 11.12.2014 November 1, 2014
- JCM STAFF SIDE UNITY SHOULD BE FOR STRUGGLE October 31, 2014
- National Convention of the NC (JCM Staff Side) for DA Merger and Interim Relief October 28, 2014
- Central Government Employees Federations to observe Protest Day on 5th December October 27, 2014
- National Convention will adopt a joint resolution on DA Merger, Interim Relief October 22, 2014
- National Council JCM Staff Side Meeting Will Be Held Tomorrow October 11, 2014
- Is Interim Relief Likely for Central Government Employees? October 10, 2014
- Demands for DA Merger & Interim Relief strengthen Once again…NC JCM Staff Side emergency meeting on October 12 October 6, 2014
- Urgent meeting of the Staff Side of JCM (National Council) on 12.10.2014 October 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION DECLARES NEXT PROGRAMME OF ACTION October 2, 2014
- CG Employees Launch Countrywide Stir Demanding 7th Pay Commission Interim Relief September 22, 2014
- DA from July 2014 – Cabinet may declare 7% in this month for CG Staff September 1, 2014
- Negation of the promises – Granting Interim Relief-Merger of DA, LTC by Air and Exemption of Income Tax August 28, 2014
- BRMS demands to merge 50% DA and Grant Rs.7000 as Interim Relief August 16, 2014
- Memorandum of Interim Relief and merger of Dearness allowance–Confederation News July 27, 2014
- NO MERGER OF DA – FINANCE MINISTRY REPLY TO NATIONAL COUNCIL SECRETARY July 3, 2014
- PENDING DEMANDS OF CG EMPLOYEES AND NEW GOVERNMENT – CONFEDERATION NEWS June 18, 2014
- Demand for 50% DA Merger presented to the new government June 16, 2014
- Feedback of meeting with Cabinet Secretary–Regarding of DA Merger & Interim Relief June 14, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER : Merger of DA with Pay and sanction of Interim Relief for the Central Government Employees June 14, 2014
- 50% Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay–NFIR Writes to New FM on 28.5.2014 May 30, 2014
- AIRF demanded to the 7th Pay Commission including Merger of DA and Interim Relief May 29, 2014
- Central employees awaiting next govt nod on DA merger March 19, 2014
- NMC pleads with seventh CPC for merger of 50% DA March 12, 2014
- Expectations for 50% DA Merger and Retirement age turn into disappointments March 7, 2014
- Can the govt servants get 30% Salary hike on account of 50% DA Merger? – An analysis March 7, 2014
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement Age 62 – High hopes fading due to announcement of election dates… March 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION CALLS FOR PROTEST AGAINST THE ARBITRARY AND UNILATERAL DECISION OF THE GOVERNMENT March 2, 2014
- 7th Pay Commission can suggest the Merger of DA in its interim report… March 1, 2014
- Whether 50% DA Merger will be approved or not..? March 1, 2014
- 50% Merger of DA and Retirement Age 62 – No discussion in the Cabinet Meeting March 1, 2014
- Cabinet Approves Merger of DA with Basic Pay February 28, 2014
- CABINET APPROVED 10% DA HIKE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS February 28, 2014
- Merger of D.A., 7th CPC ToR and Raising Retirement age 62–Cabinet will decide today..! February 28, 2014
- Impact of Merger of 50% DA in Basic Pay February 27, 2014
- Retirement Age 62 and 10% DA from Jan 2014 – Cabinet expected to clear on Friday (28.202014) February 26, 2014
- 50% DA Merger, Retirement Age 62 and Interim Relief – Cabinet is likely to clear some of these demands..! February 24, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of merger of 50% DA with basic pay February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger – BSNL Employees Union February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger February 23, 2014
- Central Govt to pay the Dearness allowance for state government employees February 23, 2014
- Merger of 100% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2014 and Merger of 50% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2011 February 21, 2014
- AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay February 21, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and grant of Interim Relief – NFIR February 21, 2014
- Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC ToR – Cabinet likely to approve 7th CPC ToR February 20, 2014
- 50% DA MERGE OR INTERIM RELIEF FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES February 17, 2014
- Latest 50% DA Merger News February 4, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay January 30, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA will soon be considered by Central Government before the budget session… January 17, 2014
- Retirement Age 62, Merger of DA, Scrapping of NPS, inclusion of federation leaders in 7th CPC etc. – Memorandum submitted to PM January 8, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Pay of the Central Government Employees – reg. November 13, 2013