96 officers and 126 staff invoked within 5 years against FR 56(j)
Between the period from July 2014 and October 2019, provisions of Fundamental Rules (FR) 56(j) have been invoked against a total number of 96 Group ‘A’ officers and 126 Group ‘B’ officers of different Ministries and Departments.
Compulsory Retirement of Government Employees
As per the information/data uploaded by the different Ministries / Departments / Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) on Probity Portal followed by the rectification requests made by some Ministries/ Departments / CCAs, during the period from July, 2014 to October, 2019 (as on 25.11.2019), provisions of FR 56(j) have been invoked against a total number of 96 Group ‘A’ officers and 126 Group ‘B’ officers of different Ministries/Departments.
Presently, there is no proposal in the Government to reduce age of retirement of Government employees below 60 years.
Re-employment of the Government servant has no bearing on the pension fixed at the time of his retirement on attaining the age of superannuation.
Department of Personnel & Training has been impressing upon all the Ministries/Departments to convene the Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) meetings at prescribed interval (by laying down a time schedule for the purpose) to draw panels which could be utilized for making promotion against the vacancies occurring during the course of a year. The Ministries/Departments have been further advised to initiate action to fill up the existing as well as anticipated vacancies well in advance of the expiry of the previous panel by collecting relevant documents like seniority list, Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) etc. for placing before the DPCs so as to obviate the problem of delays in promotion.
The provisions under FR 56(j) also ensure to improve efficiency in Government.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, DrJitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Latest news on Rule 56 Compulsory Retirement
- Premature Compulsory Retirement – Why we are opposing it? September 30, 2020
- Retention in Government Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service – CGDA Order dated 1.6.2020 June 2, 2020
- Premature Retirement in Central Government – DoPT March 9, 2020
- 96 officers and 126 staff invoked within 5 years against FR 56(j) December 7, 2019
- Compulsory Retirement Under Section 56(J) of CCS (Pension) Rules November 29, 2019
- Periodical Review Report under FR 56(j) and 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules November 11, 2019
- Premature Retirement in Railways: Criteria for Review of Services August 18, 2019
- Premature Retirement of Government Employees August 7, 2019
- Compulsory Retirement of Government Officials July 12, 2019
- Compulsory Retirement: FR 56 (j) Pension Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 July 2, 2019