The latest news on retirement age of Central Government employees – No proposal to reduce to 58 years…only 60!
The Central Government once again clarified today in Parliament that there is no idea to decrease the retirement age of Central Government employees from 60 years to 58 years.
Today in Lok Sabha, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh said in a written reply to a question that presently, there is no proposal to reduce the age of retirement on superannuation from 60 years to 58 years.
In its reply also said, There are provisions under Fundamental Rules (FR) 56(j), Rule 48 of Central Civil Services (CCS) (Pension) Rules, 1972 and Rule 16(3) (Amended) of All India Services (Death cum-Retirement Benefits) [AIS (DCRB)] Rules, 1958, according to which the Government has the absolute right to retire Government officials prematurely, on the ground of lack of integrity or ineffectiveness, in public interest, by giving notice of not less than three months in writing or three month’s pay and allowances in lieu of such notice:
If he is, in Group ‘A’ or Group ‘B’ service or post in a substantive, quasi-permanent or temporary capacity and had entered Government service before attaining the age of 35 years, after he has attained the age of 50 years;
In any other case after he has attained the age of 55 years.
Top developments on Retirement age
- Periodical Review Report under FR 56(j) and 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules November 11, 2019
- Voluntary Retirement Offer to BSNL and MTNL Employees October 24, 2019
- Retirement of Railway Employees after 7th Pay Commission October 6, 2019
- Serious rumours about retirement age – Explanation of NC JCM Secretary September 26, 2019
- No Idea to Change Retirement Age of CG Employees September 25, 2019
- Retirement age 60 or Retirement Service 33 – New Rule from 1.4.2020 – NFIR September 25, 2019
- Verify after 18 years service and 5 years before retirement – Railway Board Circular September 16, 2019
- Long pending demand on retirement age of CAPF is fulfilled August 20, 2019
- Retirement age for all paramilitary personnel fixed at 60 August 20, 2019
- Premature Exit from GDS Post – NPS Lite August 19, 2019
- Expected DA from January 2020 Calculator