Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) in view of Covid 19 pandemic: PFRDA Circular dated 16.06.2020
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
June 16 2020
All Point of Presence (PoPs) under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) / NSDL-CRA
Subject: Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) in view of Covid 19 pandemic – reg.
Considering the difficulties faced by Point of Presence under Atal Pension Yojana (hereinafter referred as `PoP-APY’) in processing of death claim requests due to Covid 19 pandemic, it has been decided to ease the processing of death claim requests.
2. In this respect, it is advised as under:
(i). PoP-APY shall duly verify and attest the documents of death claim requests and submit the scanned copies of all requisite documents through their registered e-mail ID to NSDL-CRA.
(ii). PoP-APY shall also submit, through their registered email ID, a declaration stating ‘All requisite physical documents shall be submitted to CRA by July 31, 2020.’
(iii). NSDL-CRA shall accept these scanned documents alongwith declaration as above, submitted by PoP-APY, for processing the same as per the applicable guidelines.
(iv). The above process is adopted on an exception basis till June 30, 2020.
3. This circular is issued under Section 14 of PFRDA Act, 2013 and is available in ‘Circulars’ section of Regulatory Framework at PFRDA’s website.
(Sumeet Kaur Kapoor)
Chief General Manager
Latest PFRDA Circulars 2020:
- Exit through self-authorization by e-NPS subscribers December 26, 2020
- OTP based authentication for legacy NPS Accounts – PFRDA December 8, 2020
- NPS On-boarding through Online PRAN Generation Module (OPGM) July 9, 2020
- OTP based authentication for paperless NPS on-boarding June 24, 2020
- Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) in view of Covid 19 pandemic June 24, 2020
- e-NPS online facility for NPS subscribers to exit and withdrawal May 30, 2020
- Authorization of CSRF by Employer COVID-19 Outbreak April 13, 2020
- Activities under NPS Lite Swavalamban Scheme from March to June 2020 April 13, 2020
- Partial withdrawal under NPS for specified illness April 12, 2020
- Amendment in Investment Guidelines for NPS Schemes – PFRDA March 30, 2019
- Alert Notice from PFRDA October 4, 2018
- Important Announcements and Approvals in Board Meeting of PFRDA May 4, 2018
- Fraudulent activities in name of NPS – PFRDA Public Notice November 21, 2017
- PFRDA seeks the support of State Governments for Atal Pension Yojana for a wider reach August 6, 2016
- NPS – Concept Paper on Pension Funds, Investment Pattern and Life Cycle Funds for Government Employees April 26, 2016
- PARTIAL WITHDRAWAL FROM NPS ORDERS ISSUED BY PFRDA April 23, 2016
- PFRDA introduced eNPS online portal February 17, 2016
- New Pension Scheme : Clarification of Deferred withdrawal of lump sum – PFRDA November 3, 2015
- Subscriber details of CG Employees under National Pension System as on 3.10.2015 October 16, 2015
- Fraudulent Collection of Funds in the name of National Pension System September 22, 2015
- Draf Regulations for Retirement Advisers – PFRDA August 25, 2015
- Circular on Remittance of NPS funds through Electronic Mode(NEFT/RTGS) only from 01-Apr-2014 January 10, 2014
- Exit guidelines under National Pension System – Option for Complete withdrawal of accumulated pension wealth by subscriber–PFRDA October 24, 2013
- Investment Guidelines by PFRDA October 18, 2013