Circular on Remittance of NPS funds through Electronic Mode(NEFT/RTGS) only from 01-Apr-2014
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Date: 09th January 2014
All Central Government Ministries & State Governments
Remittance of NPS funds solely through electronic mode (NEFT/RTGS) from 01st April 2014
The Circulars no. PFRDA/2013/10/CRTB/1 dated 30th April 2013 and PFRDA/2013/12/CRTB/2 dated 31st May 2013 may be referred.
2. It has been observed that the following problems are presently being faced on account of remittance of NPS contribution funds through physical instruments:
a.) Higher percentage of rejection of contributions / funds return.
b.) Delays due to cheque clearing activity .
c.) Incidences of cheque rejection due to financial technical reasons.
3. All the aforementioned issues affect the timely investments of the subscribers thus adversely impacting their pension corpus accumulation. To obviate the aforesaid concerns, and in compliance of CVC instructions issued vide Office Order No.
20/4/04 File No. 98/ORD/1 dated 06-04-2004 PFRDA has decided to discontinue the remittance of NPS contribution funds through physical instruments and to accept remittance solely through electronic mode from 01st April 2014.
4. Accordingly from 01st April 2014 onwards, all the nodal offices remitting NPS contributions have to mandatorily remit NPS Contributions through electronic mode i.e. NEFT/RTGS only.
5. The overall procedure for remittance of funds to Axis Bank (Trustee Bank), matching & booking of Subscriber Contribution Files (SCFs) and the receipt of funds from it s hall remain unchanged.
6. This circular may be sent to all the nodal offices under your jurisdiction for necessary action / compliance.
7. The contact details of NPS Cell at Axis Bank is as follows:
First Level of Contact:
|S.No.||Contact Person||Designation||Phone No.|
|1||Mr.Abhishek Gautam||Senior Manager||022-24253678|
|2||Mr.Dakshesh Barbhaya||Senior Manager||022-24253639 3|
|3||Mr.Yash Mayekar||Senior Manager||022-24253628|
Second Level of Contact.
|S No.||Contact Person||Designation||Phone No.|
|1||Mr Debraj Saha||Assistant Vice President||011-43506532|
|2||Mr Piyush K Singh||Deputy Vice President||022-24253680|
The Circular has also been placed on PFRDA website at http://www.pfrda.orq.in
Source : www.pfrda.org.in