Attention All NPS Subscribers: Link Your PAN with your Aadhaar by March 31, 2023
The PFRDA has released a notice advising individuals to connect their PAN numbers with their Aadhaar cards.
It’s crucial for NPS subscribers to link their PAN with Aadhaar by March 31, 2023, according to the latest guidelines from PFRDA. Failure to do so will result in transaction restrictions starting April 1, 2023. The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar is approaching fast, and it’s mandatory for all taxpayers, as per Income Tax provisions. Don’t forget to link your PAN with Aadhaar to avoid any inconvenience while using the National Pension System.
As per the provisions of the Income-tax Act, 1961, it is mandatory for all individuals who have been allotted a PAN to link it with their Aadhaar number. The last date to complete this linking process is March 31, 2023, failing which the PAN shall become inoperative. This has been reiterated by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) through their circular No. 7 of 2022, dated March 30, 2022.
As PAN is a key identification number and an essential part of Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements for NPS accounts, all intermediaries must ensure valid KYC for all their subscribers. Existing subscribers must also link their PAN with Aadhaar before the March 31, 2023 deadline to ensure seamless transactions and avoid any consequences of non-compliance with the CBDT circular. Failure to do so will render NPS accounts as non-KYC compliant, potentially leading to restrictions on transactions until the linking is completed. Don’t delay, link your PAN with Aadhaar today!
PFRDA Latest Circulars
- Systematic Lump sum Withdrawal for NPS Subscribers – PFRDA Circular
- Partial withdrawal under NPS for specified Illness
- e-NPS online facility for NPS subscribers to exit and withdrawal
- NPS – TTS: Change in Operational Guidelines for NPS Tier 2
- Exit and Withdrawals under NPS – PFRDA
- Exit through self-authorization by e-NPS subscribers
- OTP based authentication for legacy NPS Accounts – PFRDA
- NPS On-boarding through Online PRAN Generation Module (OPGM)
- OTP based authentication for paperless NPS on-boarding
- Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) in view of Covid 19 pandemic
- Authorization of CSRF by Employer COVID-19 Outbreak
- Activities under NPS Lite Swavalamban Scheme from March to June 2020
- Amendment in Investment Guidelines for NPS Schemes – PFRDA
- Alert Notice from PFRDA
- Important Announcements and Approvals in Board Meeting of PFRDA
- Fraudulent activities in name of NPS – PFRDA Public Notice
- PFRDA seeks the support of State Governments for Atal Pension Yojana for a wider reach
- NPS – Concept Paper on Pension Funds, Investment Pattern and Life Cycle Funds for Government Employees
- PARTIAL WITHDRAWAL FROM NPS ORDERS ISSUED BY PFRDA
- PFRDA introduced eNPS online portal
- New Pension Scheme : Clarification of Deferred withdrawal of lump sum – PFRDA
- Subscriber details of CG Employees under National Pension System as on 3.10.2015
- Fraudulent Collection of Funds in the name of National Pension System
- Draf Regulations for Retirement Advisers – PFRDA
- Circular on Remittance of NPS Funds through Electronic Mode (NEFT,RTGS) only from 01-Apr-2014
- Exit guidelines under National Pension System – Option for Complete withdrawal of accumulated pension wealth by subscriber–PFRDA
- Investment Guidelines by PFRDA