Central Government Employees General Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) Table Benefit Calculator
CGEGIS CALCULATOR JUL TO SEP 2021 CALCULATOR
Click to Calcuate
In the 1980s nobody can easily join an Insurance Scheme. The monthly subscription was more and the benefit was also very less. At that time, the Central Government introduced the Group Insurance scheme for Central Government employees in 1982.
The Scheme was Central Government Employees’ Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS). This scheme provides two-way benefits for the Central Government employees and their families. One is Insurance cover to help their families and lump sum payment to augment their resources on retirement.
A simple calculator to find out the maturity value of CGEGIS. The Finance Ministry is releasing two tables related to the CGEGIS (Central Government Employees General Insurance Scheme). The maturity value of the scheme will be calculated based on this ready reckoner table.
The maturity value of CGEGIS for 2017 was released recently. We have presented the table here in an easy-to-comprehend manner.
Check all CGEGIS Table of Benefits:
- CGEGIS Deduction Rates for Central Government Employees April 17, 2023
- CGEGIS Table of Benefits for October to December 2021 PDF April 3, 2023
- Central Govt issues 7th CPC CGEGIS Table of Benefits for 1.10.2022 to 31.12.2022 January 3, 2023
- CGEGIS Table of Benefits of Saving Funds from 1.7.2022 to 30.9.2022 November 1, 2022
- Revision of Coverage & Monthly Subscription in CGEGIS – IRTSA October 24, 2022
- CGEGIS Table for April to June 2022 PDF May 14, 2022
- CGEGIS Table of Benefits from January to March 2022 February 17, 2022
- CGEGIS Table of Benefits July 2021 to September 2021 August 12, 2021
- CGEGIS Table April to June 2021 PDF July 3, 2021
- CGEGIS 1980 Table of Benefits from January 2021 to March 2021 February 19, 2021
- CGEGIS Table from October to December 2020 PDF December 3, 2020
- CGEGIS Benefit Table 2020 – Check Benefit from July 2020 to September 2020 September 3, 2020
- CGEGIS Table of Benefits for the savings fund for the period from 1.4.2020 to 30.6.2020 July 24, 2020
- Revision of Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) is long overdue! June 23, 2020
- CGEGIS Benefit Table for the period from April 2020 to June 2020 May 21, 2020
- Generating Long Term Fund Through CGEGIS – BPMS April 23, 2020
- CGEGIS Table January 2020 to March 2020 February 6, 2020
- CGEGIS Calculation Table from October and December 2019 December 12, 2019
- CGEGIS Savings Fund Benefit Table from July to September 2019 August 14, 2019
- CGEGIS Table 2019: Group Insurance Savings Fund Benefit Table Apr to Jun 2019 May 30, 2019
- CGEGIS Benefit Tables 2019 – Savings Fund from Jan to Mar 2019 February 13, 2019
- CGEGIS Benefit Table 2018 – From 1.10.2018 to 31.12.2018 December 11, 2018
- CGEGIS Tables of Benefits for the savings fund from 1.7.2018 to 30.9.2018 September 5, 2018
- CGEGIS 1980: Tables of Benefits from April 2018 to June 2018 May 28, 2018
- Enhancement of Insurance Coverage under CGEGIS – BPMS April 7, 2018
- CGEGIS Savings Fund Benefit Calculator (Updated) November 25, 2017
- CGEGIS Tables Benefits for Savings Fund – Period from 01.10.2017 to 31.12.2017 November 24, 2017
- CGEGIS Tables of Benefits for Savings Fund (Period from 01.07.2017 to 30.09.2017) September 18, 2017
- Simplification of procedure for payment of CGEGIS dues – Finmin Orders March 17, 2017
- CGEGIS Table 2017 – Benefits for the period from 1.1.2017 to 31.3.2017 March 17, 2017
- Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme 1980: Annual Report for the year 2017 February 4, 2017
- CGEGIS was Modified by 7th CPC to give High Risk Cover, but Govt ignored July 29, 2016
- 7th CPC Recommendation on CGEGIS is not accepted by Govt June 30, 2016
- CGEGIS Table 2016 – Finmin issued tables of Benefits for the savings fund for the period from 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016 March 2, 2016
- Unjustified deduction for Group insurance Scheme in 7th Pay Commission Report – IRTSA December 16, 2015
- 7th CPC CGEGIS : Illogical recommendation of 7th CPC December 5, 2015
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations on CGEGIS December 5, 2015
- CGEGIS Table 2015 – Tables of Benefits for the savings fund for the period from 1.1.2015 to 31.12.2015 January 23, 2015
- CGEGIS 1980 : Annual report including CGEGIS subscribers for the year 2014 January 2, 2015
S Sanyal says
Joined deptt on Oct,1985 as Gr B but cgegis contribution made available in Service book from Aug,1994 to Dec, 2002 as Rs 30/month from Jan, 2003 to Dec, 2017 as Rs 60/ month, from Jan, 2018 to Jan, 2021 as Rs 120/ month. Retired on 31.3.21. How much should i get? Pl
Anyhow the CGEGS starts from January only, not from August 1994. It may be from January 1986 onwards. Check it.
SUNIL R DARWADE says
I HAVE RETIRED IN NOV 2020
MY JOINING DATE IS APR 1984
NOW B PAY 96600/-
PL CALCULATE TOTAL AMOUNT OF CGEGIS AFTER RETIRMENT
TECH OFFICER DRDO
M NO 8237244096
Try to cgegis table benefit calculator with required of your details of CGEGIS recovery.
S. Kumar says
Joined on 09.01.1989
Subscription from 01.01.1990 Rs 30
Subscription from 01.01.2004 Rs 60
Subscription from 01.01.2017 Rs 120
Date of retirement is 30.09.2022
What will be approx benefit amount of CGEIS o retirement
Try, cgegis benefit calculator in this website
Tamjaiso Tamblu says
An employee joins the GIS Scheme in January 1993 and contributes Rs 20 p.m till dec 1989.From 1.1.90 he contributes Rs 30 p.m till September 2018. what should be the amt of GIS paid at the time of his retirement in sept 2018
Mrs Padma Amireddy. says
An employee joins the GIS Scheme in September 1982 and contributes Rs 20 p.m till dec 1989.From 1.1.90 he contributes Rs 30 p.m till September 2018. what should be the amt of GIS paid at the time of his retirement in sept 2018
As per this site CGEGIS TABLE 2017 amounts shows as Rs.64,975.60 since it has not updated 2018 in the savings fund plus interest upto 8/18 (for one year) it should be added due to the interest rates revised.
It may be the employee joins from January, 1983 (not 1993) from this scheme as per the calculator upto 12/2017 as Rs.60,444.80 plus add the savings fund of the percentage amount with interest from 1/2018 to 8/2018 since the calculator is not upgraded due to the updated interest.
AMITABH TIWARI says
REQUEST TO CALCULATE CGEGIS FOR OFFICIAL/OFFICER OF INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT
SHRABONI MAJUMDAR (ITO) DATE OF APPOINT- 21/10/1987 DOF SUPERANNUATION ON 02/10/2016
ARVERMA (NOTICE SERVER) DOAPPON – 30/08/1991 DOF SUPERANNUATION ON 30/11/2017
AKDONGRE(ITO) DOAPPON – 06/11/1989 DOF SUPERANNUATION ON 31/03/2018
Answer to AMITAB TIWARI 21/8 – It depends upon individual subscription amounts recovered.
ANSWER TO AMITAB TIWARI
1) SHRABONI MAJUMDAR from 1/88 up to 10/2016 paid Rs.10/- thought Rs.14,186.06 or
paid Rs.10/- up to 1989 & Rs.15/- from 1/90 Rs.17,625.67
2) ARVERMA from 1/92 of Rs.15/-p.m. up to 11/2017 ………….. Rs.13,036.96
3) AKDONGRE from 1/90 of Rs.15/- up to 3/18 ………….. Rs.11,275.46
PS Gill says
A Group C employees joins service in Nov 79 and retires in May 21. How to calculate his CGEIS benefit and which month table sir
It depends upon subscription rates & subscriptions of periods.
OP SHARMA says
REQUEST TO CALCULATE CGEGIS FOR THE DEFENCE GP ‘D’ CIVILIAN WHO HAS APPOINTED IN MAR 1996 AND WENT MISSING SINCE 10 MAY 2010.
MONTH AND YEAR OF ENTRY: MAR 1996.
CESSATION MONTH AND YEAR ; APR 2010.
Amount o CGEGIS to be paid to his family now
Missing persons calculation doesn’t arise but it requires for legal documents of that person and his family. Actually full insurance amount should be given, depends upon his subscription. What other facilities are given to his family this will be settled. Contact ex-employer to settle all facilities if not settled.