The Department of Expenditure under Finance Ministry issued an important order regarding the salary payment for the employees working in Ministries and Departments as Contractual workers during the lockdown period on 24 March 2020.
As per the order, the lockdown period for all contractual, casual and outsourced employees working in Central Govt offices will be treated as ‘On Duty’ and the necessary salary would be paid accordingly.
This is the major relief to contract and casual workers for isolating with their family in their house to contain the spread of novel coronavirus (Covid-19).
Click to view the Finance Ministry order issued on 24 March 2020.
- Read: CPSE will function with skeletal staff until March 2020
- Read: Central Govt Offices will function with skeletal staff till 31 March 2020 – Dopt
- Read: Central Govt Allows Consultant Staff to Work from Home – Dopt
- Read: Novel Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Imperative to Follow in all Training Institutes – Dopt
- Read: Coronavirus Alert – Central government offices will run till April 4 with 50 percent staff
- Read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive measures for Central Govt Employees – DoPT
- Read: Closing of Central Government Offices to Stop Spreading Coronavirus