The DoPT (Department of Personnel and Training) has issued another order on 20 March 2020 regarding the Contractual and Outsourced employees may be allowed to work on a rotational basis without deduction of wages. Consultant staff (appointed after retirement) may also be allowed to work from home.
Preventive measures to achieve ‘social distancing’ to contain the spread of COVID 19
F.No.11013/9/2014 – Estt (A-III)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 20th March, 2020
Sub: Preventive measures to achieve ‘social distancing’ to contain the spread of COVID 19
In continuation of this Department’s OM of even no. dated 17th March, 2020 and 19th March, 2020, the following has been decided:
The officials appointed as Consultants / Advisors after retirement who are of the age of 60 years & above, may be allowed to work from home with the permission of Heads of Department (HoDs), without adversely affecting their consultancy fee / honorarium, till 4th April, 2020.
The contractual / outsourced staff may also be allowed to attend office on rotational basis as has been allowed for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ officials, without deduction of any wages for their absence from work, upto 4th April, 2020.
These instructions shall be applicable to Ministries / Departments / attached and subordinate offices of Central Government. Similar instructions may be issued to Autonomous / Statutory Bodies
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
- Read: Novel Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Imperative to Follow in all Training Institutes – Dopt
- Read: Coronavirus Alert – Central government offices will run till April 4 with 50 percent staff
- Read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive measures for Central Govt Employees – DoPT
- Read: Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices
- Read: Closing of Central Government Offices to Stop Spreading Coronavirus