Payment of wages to Outsourced persons of Ministries/Departments and others Organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Sub: Payment of wages to outsourced persons of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
As part of social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country, various State/UT Governments have announced lockdown at different places. Instructions have been separately issued by DOP&T regarding maintenance of essential services in Ministries / Departments.
2. Due to these measures, there is a likelihood of a number of contractual, casual and outsourced staff such as house-keeping staff etc. being required to stay at home, which under normal circumstances would result in deduction in their pay/wages. In order to avoid any undue hardships under the prevailing extraordinary circumstances, it has been decided that wherever any such contractual, casual and outsourced staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, is required to stay at home in view of lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, as announced by various States /UT Governments, they shall be treated as “on duty” during such period of absence and necessary pay/wages would be paid accordingly.
3. These instructions shall also apply to Attached/Subordinate Offices, Autonomous / Statutory Bodies of Government of India.
4. These instructions shall apply till 30th April, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
Hot Check: Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator
All the Ministries and Departments of Government of India
- Read: CPSE will function with skeletal staff until March 2020
- Read: Central Govt Offices will function with skeletal staff till 31 March 2020 – Dopt
- Read: Central Govt Allows Consultant Staff to Work from Home – Dopt
- Read: Novel Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Imperative to Follow in all Training Institutes – Dopt
- Read: Coronavirus Alert – Central government offices will run till April 4 with 50 percent staff
- Read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive measures for Central Govt Employees – DoPT
- Read: Closing of Central Government Offices to Stop Spreading Coronavirus