The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has issued a fresh order today (22.3.2020 Sunday) about the functioning of Central Government Offices in India. As per the order, all CG offices should work with skeletal staff (from 23 March 2020) till 31 March 2020. So, other than employees under essential services, all employees no need to come to the office.
In earlier order issued by DoPT on 19 March 2020, 50% of Central Government Employees (Group B and Group C) will work from home and 50 percent of Central Govt staff will come to the office till 4 April 2020 [Click to read in detail].
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Sub: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19
In supersession of this Deparment’s OM of even no. dated 19.03.2020 and 20.03.2020, the following further instructions are issued:
(i) Heads of Department (HoDs) may draw up a Roster of Staff (all officers and employees, including consultants/ contract and outsourced employees), who are required to render essential services within each Department. They alone may be asked to attend office from 23rd March until 31st March 2020. In other words, the Office should function with skeletal staff Officials who are working from home should be available on telephone and electronic means of communication at all times. They should attend Office if called for, in case of any exigencies of work.
(ii) Similar instructions should be issued to Attached/Subordinate Offices, Autonomous/Statutory Bodies.
(iii) The Department of Financial Services (DFS) and Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) may issue similar instructions regarding Financial Institutions and Public Sector Undertakings.
(iv) These instructions shall not apply to the Officers and employees engaged in essential/emergency services and those directly engaged in taking measures to control spread of COVID 19
2. These instructions shall be applicable with immediate effect.
Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
- Read: Central Govt Allows Consultant Staff to Work from Home – Dopt
- Read: Novel Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Imperative to Follow in all Training Institutes – Dopt
- Read: Coronavirus Alert – Central government offices will run till April 4 with 50 percent staff
- Read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive measures for Central Govt Employees – DoPT
- Read: Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices
- Read: Closing of Central Government Offices to Stop Spreading Coronavirus
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF