7th CPC Defence Allowances for JCOs/OR
All Allowances for JCOs/OR (Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank)
Allowances as per 7th CPC – An Overview
ALLOWANCES : AN OVERVIEW AS PER 7th CPC
(a) MAJOR FEATURES :
- Revision has been implemented w.e.f 01.07.2017.
- All slab based allces to increase by 25% for every 50% rise in DA.
- Rates of Children Education Allowance (CEA) and Hostel Subsidy increased by 1.5 times. CEA has been increased from Rs 1500/- per month/child (max two) to Rs 2250/- per month/child (max two). Hostel Subsidy has been revised from Rs 4500/- per month to Rs 6750/- per month.
- Family Accn Allce for JCOs/OR subsumed w.e.f 01.07.2017.
- HRA will be applicable to all ranks and CILQ abolished w.e.f 01.07.2017.
- Travel by air on TD for Level 6 and above. AC III/AC Chair Car for Level 5 and below.
- Siachen Allowance will be Rs 30,000/- per month for JCOs/OR (Level 8 and below) and Rs 42,500/- per month for officers (Level 9 and above).
(b) Allowances Abolished:
- Air Despatch Pay
- Air Steward Allowance
- Official Hospitality Grant in Defence Forces
- Special Compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance
- Spectacle Allowance
- Short Hand Allowance.
(c) Allowances Subsumed:
- Kit Maintenance Allowance
- Qualification Grant
- Special Compensatory (Remote Locality Allowance)
- Uniform Related Allces
- Washing/Clothing Maintenance Allowance.
- Acting Allowance
- Bad Climate Allowance
- Compensation in Lieu of Quarter (CILQ)
- Single in Lieu of Quarter (SNLQ)
- Extra Duty Allowance
- Family Accommodation Allowance
- Flight Charge Certificate Allowance
- Instructional Allowance
- Judge Advocate General Dept Examination Award
- Outfit Allowance.