7th Pay Matrix Table for PBOR
The 7th Central Pay Commission has prioritized Armed Forces Personnel and CAPF. A separate chapter provides detailed information on pay, allowances, and pension for security forces. To gather direct input, Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur and his team visited various Defence regiments, including Siachen. Additionally, the pay panel created a distinct ‘Defence Pay Matrix Table’ for Armed Forces Personnel and Officers. Notably, the Defence Pay Matrix Table varies significantly from the civilian pay matrix table.
Defence Pay Matrix Chart: Comprising 19 pay levels, the Defence Pay Matrix table starts with level 3 and ends with level 18. The minimum basic salary for Armed Forces Personnel is Rs. 21,700. To view the entire pay level chart and download it as a PDF, please click here.
7th Defence Pay Matrix Table for PBOR: The pay matrix level for PBOR in Army and Navy are the same, ranging from pay level 3 to pay level 10B. In the Air Force, the pay level ranges from 3 to 10B, including pay level 5A. Refer to the table for more information. Stay informed on the 7th Pay Commission Army Pay Scale through this comprehensive guide. [Click to know more]
Basic Salary Table for Armed Forces Defence Personnel after 7th CPC
Defence Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC
The Index is the vertical side of the Pay Matrix Table, which indicates the stages for annual increment for Central Government employees. This increment granting process is considered routine, and the matrix table simplifies the process of fixing pay on annual increments without requiring complex calculations.
Each next stage of the same level is considered an annual increment. In the Civilian Pay Matrix table, the fixed stages go up to 40, while in the Defence Pay Matrix table, the stages were initially fixed up to 24 according to the 7th CPC. After much consideration, the stages were later increased up to 40 in the Defence Pay Matrix Table, with an important resolution released by MoD on 22nd June 2017. Modifications were also made for pay levels 10B and 12 of the initial basic salary of the MNS pay matrix.
Pay Matrix Table Defence PBOR
The Index of Rationalization (IOR) of Level 12A and 13 of Defence Pay Matrix also enhanced from 2.57 to 2.67. Rectified the factual errors appearing in Level 10B and Level 12 of the pay matrix of MNS and in view of the changes in the IOR in the Defence Pay Matrix, the first stage of corresponding Levels of Pay Matrix of MNS has also been changed.
The IOR of Level-13 of Civil Pay Matrix has also been enhanced from 2.57 to 2.67. Accordingly, the Civil Pay Matrix revised. The Department of Defence issued a final Resolution on Pay Matrix to Defence Personnel on 22.6.2017 Modification of Level-12A and 13 in Pay Matrix Tables created more confusion and the Ministry of Defence issued a clarification order on 2.7.2018. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Defence published separate Notification for Army, Navy and Air Force on Revised Pay Rules 2017.
Indian Army Pay Scale
As per the CPC report, it is suggested that a distinct pay structure should be implemented for Defence Armed Forces Personnel with a minimum basic pay of Rs.21,700 and a maximum of Rs. 2,50,000. Following the approval of Cabinet Committee on the 7th CPC recommendations, an important Resolution has been issued by the Finance Ministry on 25th July 2016.
The Government of India accepted the 7th Central Pay Commission’s recommendation, taking into account the demand from Armed Forces Personnel and Officers, and made an amendment to the pay matrix table. The level 12 A and 13 of Defence Pay Matrix’s index of rationalization (IOR) has been raised from 2.57 to 2.67. The Defence Pay Matrix has also been extended to 40 stages that are similar to the Civil Pay Matrix.
Revised Pay Matrix for Army Officers
“Pay Matrix” means the Matrix specified in Part A of the Schedule, with Levels of pay arranged in vertical Cells as assigned to corresponding Pay Band and Grade Pay or scale [Click to read continue]
Rank Wise Pay Matrix Level in Army
The pay matrix level in the Army is presented in a simplified table for the purpose of facilitating comprehension.
- Pay Matrix Chart for Level 3 to 5 (GP 2000 to 2800)
- Pay Matrix Chart for Level 6 to 9 (GP 4200 to 5400)
- Pay Matrix Chart for Level 10 to 12 (GP 5400 to 7600)
- Pay Matrix Chart for Level 13, 13A and 14 (GP 8700, 8900 and 10000)
- Pay Matrix Chart for Level 15 to 18 (HAG Scales)
- MNS Pay Matrix Table
- Pay Matrix Table for Civilian Employees – Click Here
Army Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 3A to 5
|Pay Band||5200 – 20200|
|Pay Matrix Level||3||4||5|
Armed Force Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 5A to 9
|Pay Band||9300 – 34800|
|Pay Matrix Level||5A||6||7||8||9|
Defence Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 10 to 11
|Pay Matrix Level||10||10B||11|
Army Offices Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 12A to 14
|Pay Matrix Level||12A||13||13A||14|
MoD Offices Pay Scale for Pay Matrix Level 15 to 18
|Pay Matrix Level||15||16||17||18|
Revised 7th CPC Defence Pay Matrix PDF
|Click to View Civilian Pay Matrix Table Issued on 25.7.2016|
|Click to view Revised Civilian Pay Matrix Table Issued on 16.5.2017|
7th Pay Commission Army Scale
Defence Pay Matrix Table for Pay Level 3, Pay Level 4 and Pay Level 5
|7TH CPC DEFENCE PAY MATRIX TABLE PAY LEVEL 3 TO 5 (GRADE PAY 2000 TO 2800)|
|Index||Pay Level 3||Pay Level 4||Pay Level 5|
Defence Pay Matrix Table for Pay Level 5A, Pay Level 6, Pay Level 7, Pay Level 8 and Pay Level 9
|7TH CPC DEFENCE PAY MATRIX TABLE PAY LEVEL 5A TO 9 (GP 3400 TO 5400)|
|Pay Level 5A||Pay Level 6||Pay Level 7||Pay Level 8||Pay Level 9|
Defence Pay Matrix Table for Pay Level 10, Pay Level 10B and Pay Level 11
|7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE LEVEL 10 to 11 (GP 5400, 6100 & 6600)|
|Index||Pay Level 10||Pay Level 10B||Pay Level 11|
Defence Pay Matrix Table for Pay Level 12A, Pay Level 13, Pay Level 13A and Pay Level 14
|7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE 12A to 14 LEVEL 12A TO 14 (GP 8000 TO 10000)|
|Index||Pay Level 12A||Pay Level 13||Pay Level 13A||Pay Level 14|
Defence Pay Matrix Table for Pay Level 15, Pay Level 16, Pay Level 17 and Pay Level 18
|7TH CPC PAY MATRIX TABLE 15 to 18 (67000-79000, 755500-80000, 80000 & 90000)|
|Index||Pay Level 15||Pay Level 16||Pay Level 17||Pay Level 18|
Pay Scale for PBOR of Armed Forces
7th Pay Commission Pay Scale for Personnel Below Officers Rank (PBOR) of Defence Armed Forces: 7th pay commission Army Pay Scale is slightly different from the pay scale of Central Government employees. The matrix pay level and defence allowances also different from other Government employees. Two types of pay matrix table recommended by the 7th pay commission to the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force Officers and soldiers. [Click to read continue]
Military Nursing Service (MNS) Officers Pay Matrix recommended by 7th Pay Commission
The 7th Pay Commission recommended a new pay scale table for MNS Officers separately. The same pay matrix table was implemented to all officers with effect from 1.1.2016. But, the Ministry of Defence issued an another revised pay matrix table on 22.6.2017 with some corrections. [Click to view the Resolution]
Factual Errors in 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table – Revised and New Pay Matrix Table
Important order issued by the Department of Defence on 22nd June 2017 regarding corrections in Pay Matrix Table for Defence Forces Personnel and MNS Officers. The Department of Expenditure has issued a resolution on 16.5.2017 regarding the corrections has been made in the 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table [Click to view in detail]
Revised 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table for Central Govt Employees – Finmin Resolution issued on 16.05.2017
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Level 13 enhanced from the Fitment factor of 2.57 to 2.67. The Index of Rationalization (IOR) of Level-13 of Civil Pay Matrix shall be enhanced from 2.57 to 2.67. Accordingly, the Civil Pay Matrix table has been revised and given below. [Click to view in detail]
7th CPC Pay Matrix Table – Full-size image for reference
Pay Matrix Table is already available in pdf format and text format, we provide here an image format for further reference to check your basic pay as per 7th CPC Pay level from 1 to 18. [Click to view in detail]
Latest Defence Pay Matrix Table News 2023:
- Service Pension to Havildar granted Honorary Rank of Naib Subedar retiring on or after 1.1.2016 – PCDA Circular No.634
- Briefcase Allowance in Defence Accounts Department
- 7th CPC Allowances to Armed Forces (JCO/ORs and Officers)
- Payment of DA to Armed Forces Officers and PBOR including NCs(E) – Revised rates effective from July 2019
- Eligibility of Ad hoc Bonus for Army PBOR and Officers for the year 2018-19
- 7th Pay Commission Defence Armed Forces Latest News Today Oct 2019
- 4 Fold Enhanced in Monetary Assistance for Battle Casualties
- High-Level Committee to review DPP and DPM
- 7th Pay Commission Matrix Pay Table for Armed Forces Personnel
- Re-Employment of Armed Forces Personnel
- Latest Details of Premature Retirement and Suicides in Armed Forces
- No Downgradation in the existing equivalence of the service ranks in Defence Service Personnel
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) to Armed Forces Personnel – MoD Orders dt. 11.10.2017
- 7th CPC Territorial Army Allowance to Defence Personnel
- Daily Allowance on Tour to Defence Personnel
- Travelling Entitlements for Journey by Sea or by River Steamer to Defence Personnel
- TA/DA Entitlements to Defence Personnel
- House Rent Allowance to Defence Personnel
- Rates of Major Allowances to Defence Personnel
- Risk and Hardship Allowances to Defence Personnel
- Transport Related Allowances to Defence Personnel
- Qualification Incentive and Dress Allowance to Defence Personnel
- 7th CPC Language Allowances and Language Award to Defence Personnel
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance to Defence Personnel
- 7th CPC Allowances for Defence Personnel
- 7th CPC MACP Financial Upgradation for JCO/OR – Illustration
- 7th CPC MACP Financial Upgradation for JCO/OR
- Annual Increment Calculation for Defence Personnel
- Initial Pay Fixation for JCOs/OR
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Table for Hony Commissioned Offrs, JCOs, NCOs, and OR of the Army
- 7th CPC Level in Defence Forces of JCO / ORs
- Pay Fixation of Re-Employed Officers – Illustrations
- Pay Fixation of Re-Employed Officers
- Pay of JCO / OR Undergoing Pre-Commissioning Training in Service Training Institutions
- Rates of MSP for Defence Officers
- Stipend of Gentlemen or Lady Cadets Under Training
- Pay Fixation on Promotion after 1.1.2016 for Defence Personnel
- 7th CPC Increment Calculation for Defence Personnel
- 7th CPC New Table for Commutation of Pension
- 7th CPC Fixation of Pay for Defence Medical Officers
- 7th CPC Fixation of Pay for Defence Personnel
- Level of Ranks and Pay Matrix for MNS Officers
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Officers
- 7th CPC Level of Ranks for all Grade of Officers
- Implementation of 7th CPC for Defence Forces – An over view
- Pay Anomaly in respect of Maj Generals and Lt Generals promoted before 01/01/2016
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Various examples issued by PCDA(CC)
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of HAG promoted to HAG+
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of Maj Gen promoted to Lt Gen
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of Brig promoted to Maj Gen
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of Col promoted to Brig
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of Lt.Col promoted to Col (TS)
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for exercise the rank of Lt.Col Opting to come over to 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of Major promoted to Lt.Col 2022
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of Capt promoted to Maj
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation to Defence Officers – Example for the rank of Lt promoted to Capt
Could you tell me what the lowest salary offered in the Defence Pay Matrix table is please?
To clarify, the initial pay grade of the matrix is Pay level 3 and the minimum basic salary for this level is Rs. 21700.
Can you provide information regarding the lowest and highest basic salaries for pay level 5A?
Specifically, the minimum basic salary for Defence pay matrix level 5A is Rs. 33,300, while the maximum is Rs. 1,05,800.
Could you provide information regarding the basic salary range for pay level 10B in the Defence pay matrix?
Specifically, what is the minimum and maximum amount? It has been stated that the minimum basic salary for this level is Rs. 61,300, while the maximum basic salary is Rs. 1,93,900.
How is the Defence Pay Matrix Table different from the Civilian Pay Matrix Table?
The Defence Pay Matrix Table comprises 19 pay levels, which start at level 3 and end. It has been specially developed to prioritize Armed Forces Personnel and CAPF, and takes into account their unique requirements.
Who created the Defence Pay Matrix Table?
The 7th Central Pay Commission, headed by Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur, created the Defence Pay Matrix Table. The commission visited various Defence regiments, including Siachen, to gather direct input.
What does the Defence Pay Matrix Table provide information about?
The Defence Pay Matrix Table provides detailed information on pay, allowances and pension for security forces.