The Department of Personnel and Training has issued successive orders to avoid the spreading of Coronavirus in recent days. A recent order said relaxation on granting commuted leave without production of a medical certificate.
Latest Dopt Orders on Preventive measures to achieve ‘social distancing’ to contain the spread of COVID 19 – Relaxation in CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972
F.No.11013/9/2014 – Estt (A-III)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 20th March, 2020
Sub: Preventive measures to achieve ‘social distancing’ to contain the spread of COVID19 – Relaxation in CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that the leave sanctioning authorities were advised vide O.M. of even number dated 17th March, 2020 to sanction leave who wish to self-quarantine, as a preventive measure. In this regard, in relaxation of Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972, it has now been decided with the approval of competent authority to grant Commuted Leave without production of medical certificate to those officials who are above 50 years of age and have underlying conditions i.e. Diabetes, Respiratory problems, Renal diseases and other life-threatening illness, for a period upto 4th April, 2020, so as to avoid unnecessary burden on the health care system.
These instructions shall be applicable to Ministries / Departments / attached and subordinate offices of Central Government. Similar instructions may be issued to Autonomous / Statutory Bodies.
Also Check: Expected DA Calculator from July 2022
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
- Read: Central Govt Allows Consultant Staff to Work from Home – Dopt
- Read: Novel Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Imperative to Follow in all Training Institutes – Dopt
- Read: Coronavirus Alert – Central government offices will run till April 4 with 50 percent staff
- Read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive measures for Central Govt Employees – DoPT
- Read: Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices
- Read: Closing of Central Government Offices to Stop Spreading Coronavirus
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF