7th CPC Report on Patient Care Allowance (PCA)
7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA)/Patient Care Allowance (PCA)
Patient Care Allowance (PCA)
Patient Care Allowance (PCA) is admissible to Group `C’ and ‘D’ (non-Ministerial) employees excluding nursing personnel working in the health care delivery institutions/establishments (other than hospitals) with less than 30 beds, subject to the condition that no Night Weightage Allowance and Risk Allowance, if sanctioned by the Central Government, will be admissible to these employees.
Similarly placed employees working in hospitals are eligible for Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA). This allowance is not admissible to Group `C’ and D (Non-Ministerial) employees working in the headquarters.
Non- Ministerial Employees
The rules provide that only Group `C’ and `D’, non- Ministerial employees whose regular duties involve continuous and routine contact with patients infected with communicable diseases or those who have to routinely handle infected materials, instruments and equipment, which can spread infection, as their primary duty can be considered for grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance.
It is further provided that HPCA shall not be allowed to any of those categories of employees whose contact with patients or exposure to infected materials is of an occasional nature.
Present rates of HPCA and PCA
The present rates of these allowances are: Hospital Patient Care Allowance Rs. 2,100 pm for Group `C’ staff and Rs. 2,085 pm for Group `D’ Staff. Patient Care Allowance Rs. 2,070 pm for both Group `C’ and ‘D’ staff.
Patient care Allowance as per 7th CPC
|Level of Pay Scale||Rate of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) & Patient Care Allowance (PCA)|
|Pay Matrix Level 8 and below||Rs. 4100 per month|
|Pay Matrix Level 9 and above||Rs. 5300 per month|
Top developments on HPCA and PCA
- HPCA and PCA to Non-Ministerial Employees working in Railway Hospitals – 23.9.2018
- 7th CPC Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) – Clarification Orders issued on 17.5.2018
- Non-revision of rate of Hospital Patient Care Allowance – Confederation – 22.3.2018
- Non-payment of Hospital Patient Care Allowance/Patient Care Allowance (HPCA/PCA) to the Kitchen Staff working in the Railway Hospitals – 25.11.2016
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance and Patient Care Allowance – NFIR – 23.4.2016
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance – 3.11.2015
- Continuation of HPCA/PCA -clarification reg. – 14.10.2013
- HPCA Rule – HPCA/PCA Allowance