7th CPC Allowances Tough Location Allowance
The 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) has introduced a special allowance known as the Tough Location Allowance. This allowance is designed to support government employees who are working in remote and difficult areas where the living conditions are challenging. The Tough Location Allowance is intended to compensate for the harsh living conditions and the lack of basic amenities. This allowance is granted to employees who work in areas with extreme weather conditions, difficult terrain, and limited access to basic facilities like healthcare, education, and transport. The allowance is set at different rates depending on the level of difficulty of the posting, with higher rates applied to those working in the most challenging locations.
Some allowances based on geographical location such as Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance (SCRLA), Sunderban Allowance & Tribal Area Allowance have been subsumed in Tough Location Allowance.
The areas under TLA have been classified into three categories and the rates will be governed as per different cells of R&H Matrix and will be in the range of ₹1000 – ₹5300 per month.
The 7th CPC had recommended that TLA will not be admissible with Special Duty Allowance (SDA) payable in North-East, Ladakh and the Islands.
Government has decided that employees will be given the option to avail of the benefit of SCRLA at pre-revised rates along with SDA at revised rates.
Pay & Allowances of JCOs/OR (Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank)
Incorporating the 7th CPC entitlements, the pay and allowances of JCOs/OR of the Indian Army, Territorial Army, NCC Personnel, and non-gazetted employees posted in field areas have been meticulously evaluated and adjusted. All parameters have been taken into consideration to ensure that these individuals are compensated fairly for their invaluable contributions to the defense of our nation.
- 7th CPC Pay as per Revised Pay Rules – Definition
- Military Service Pay – An Overview
- Exercise of option – Exercised in writing
- Fixation of pay in the revised pay structure – Methodology
- Re–Fixation of Pay – Stepping Up
- Date of Increment in Revised Pay Structure – More details
- Mode of Payment of Arrears of Pay – Calculation
- Pay Matrix – View Table
Allowances for JCOs / ORs of Indian Army – An Overview
An overview of the allowances for Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) and Other Ranks (ORs) of the Indian Army highlights the various monetary benefits that these dedicated soldiers can receive for their service. These allowances can include clothing, hardship, field, high altitude, and modified field allowances, to name a few. It is important to note that these allowances are subject to change and are dependent on factors such as rank, location, and duration of service. However, these allowances serve as recognition for the sacrifices and efforts made by these brave soldiers in protecting our nation.
- Allowances as per 7th CPC – An Overview
- CEA Scheme – Hostel Subsidy – Educational Concession
- Language & Qualification Allowance – Revised Rates
- Dress Allowance – New Rates
- Transport Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Conveyance Allowance – Revised Table for JCOs/OR
- Concurrent Admissibility of Allowance – List of Allowances for JCOs/OR
- House Rent Allowance – Matrix for HRA to JCOs/OR
- Dip Money – Revised Rates for All Naval Personnel
- Diving Attendant Allowance – Revised Rates for All Naval Personnel
- Hard Area Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Island Special Duty Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Funeral Allowance – Funeral Expense
- Tough Location Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Deputation (Duty) Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Test Pilot and Flight Test Engineer Allowance – Officers Only
- Extra Work Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Composite Personal Maintenance Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Rum Allowance – For JCOs/OR Only
- Additional Post and Classification Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Good Service/Good Conduct/Badge Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Gallantry Awards – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Training Allowance – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
- Other Allowances – Revised Rates for JCOs/OR
What is 7th CPC Allowances Tough Location Allowance?
It is an allowance based on geographical location that replaces some other allowances such as SCRLA, Sunderban Allowance, and Tribal Area Allowance.
How are the rates of TLA determined?
The areas under TLA have been categorized into three and the rates will be in the range of ₹1000-₹5300 per month as per different cells of R&H Matrix.
Can TLA be admissible with Special Duty Allowance (SDA) in North-East, Ladakh, and the Islands?
No, the 7th CPC recommended that TLA will not be admissible with SDA payable in these regions.
Is there an option for employees to avail of the benefit of SCRLA along with SDA?
Yes, the government has decided that employees will be given the option to avail of the benefit of SCRLA at pre-revised rates along with SDA at revised rates.