The MoD has clarified that referrals with six months validity must be issued to ECHS beneficiaries for chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiac diseases, dialysis, and cancer. The referral should be valid for multiple treatments or investigations during the six-month period as advised by a specialist.
Central Organisation, ECHS
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Adjutant General’s Branch
Near Gopinath Circle
Delhi Cantt – 110010
B/49770/AG/ECHS/Treatment/202310 Feb 2023
IHQ of MoD (Navy)/Dir ECHS (N)
DAV, Subroto Park
Air HQ (VB)/DPS
HQ Southern Command (A/ECHS & Med)
HQ Eastern Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ Western Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ Central Command (A/ECHS &Med) .
HQ Northern Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ South Western Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ Andaman & Nicobar Command (A/ECHS &Med)
AMA ECHS, Embassy of India, Nepal
All Regional Centres, ECHS
ADVISORY FOR TREATMENT/ INVESTIGATIONS IN RESPECT OF ECHS BENEFICIARIES AVAILING TREATMENT FOR DIABETES, HYPERTENSION & CARDIAC, DIALYSIS AND CANCER
1. Please refer the followings:-
(a) MoD, DoESW letter No 22A(55)/201 3/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 05 Jul 2013 (copy att).
(b) B/49774/AG/ECHS/Referral dated 12 Aug 2013 (copy att).
2. Many representation has been received that polyclinics are not issuing referrals with 6 months of validity for chronic disease, diabetes, hypertension and other cardiac diseases, dialysis and cancer patient.
3. As per MoD, DoESW letter No 22A(55)/2013/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 05 Jul 2013 Clearly states that referral with validity of six months from the date of issue of the original prescription for undergoing the prescribed investigation/treatment procedure to be conducted at prescribed intervals as advised by a ECHS/Service/ Govt specialist over a period of six months to be issued. The same permission (referral) letter shall be valid for undergoing the prescribed treatment Procedures /investigations on multiple times during the six months, at intervals as advised by the ECHS/Service/Govt. Specialist.
4. The contents of the letter is reiterated and no veteran will be harassed or denied the facility as per Govt permissions.
5. This has the approval of MD ECHS
(Sri Kant Kumar)
Jt Dir (Med)
for MD ECHS
Click to view the order in PDF
- Finmin DA Order January 2023 PDF Download
- DA Arrears Release to Central Govt Employees and Pensioners – Latest Update
- AICPIN for February 2023
- Cabinet Approves 4% DA to Central Government employees
- Expected IDA from April 2023 Calculator
- 42% Dearness Allowance for Central Govt Employees from 1st Jan 2023
- CGHS Ward Entitlement and Monthly Subscription in 7th CPC
- New Option for Higher Pension by EPF Pensioners
- Sanction of Provisional Pension, Family Pension, Gratuity to Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Removal of AC-3 Tier Economy Fare and Unified Fare Structure
- PFRDA Amendment Rules 2023: Salary & Allowances for Chair & Members
- FAQ on Commercial Employment after Retirement or Resignation
- Cadre Restructuring in Department of Post for ASPO (Level 8) to P. S. Group ‘B’ (Level 9)
- DoPT Guidelines on Central Civilian Employee Disciplinary Procedures
- 7th CPC New Table for Commutation of Pension
- 7th CPC Travelling Allowance Rules – Finance Ministry Orders
- CG Holiday Calendar 2023 | Bank and School Holidays 2023 in Chhattisgarh
- CGEGIS Table of Benefits for October to December 2021 PDF
- Computer Advance Interest Rate 2023-24
Leave a Reply