The Finance Ministry today (3.4.2023) announced new Orders concerning the rate of DA, which has been raised to 42% for Central Government Employees starting from January 1st, 2023. This increase in the Dearness Allowance will impact the Basic Pay and replace the previous rate of 38%.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 3rd April, 2023
Subject: Revision of rates of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees effective from 01.01.2023.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 1/3/2022-E-II(B) dated 3rd October, 2022 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 38% to 42% of the Basic Pay with effect from 1st January, 2023.
2. The term ‘Basic Pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC recommendations accepted by the Government, but does not include any other type of pay like special pay, etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21).
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50. paise may be ignored.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways respectively.
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution of India.
(B. K. Manthan)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Click to view the 42% DA Order in PDF
- 41.16% DA for Bank Employees from Feb 2023
- 201.2% DA Order for CPSE Employees (2007 Pay Scales) from 1.1.2023
- Payment of DA to CPSE Employees from Jan 2023 (IDA Scale 2987 and 1992 Basis)
- 37.2% DA Order from 1.1.2023 for CPSE Employees [2017 Pay Scale]
- DPE issued 408.4% DA order to CPSE employees from 1.1.2023
- DA from November to January 2023 to Bank Employees – Orders issued
- Payment of DA from July 2022 to GDS Postal Employees
- 6th CPC DA from July 2022 @ 212% for Railway Employees – RBE Orders
- 6th CPC and 5th CPC Dearness Allowance from July 2022 – DoE Orders Issued
- 38% DA to Armed Forces Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank
- 38% DA from July 2022 to Central Government Employees Finmin Orders
- 31% to 34% DA Order for Armed Forces Personnel from 1.1.2022
- Finmin Order on 34 percent DA from 1.1.2022 PDF Download
- 29.4% DA from 1st January 2022 to CPSE Employees
Leave a Reply