The government has noticed delays and errors in the processing and payment of pension, family pension, gratuity and other retirement benefits for government servants. The Pension Disbursing Authorities have advised concerned offices to ensure proper and complete filling of pension forms to avoid delays. In case of anticipated delays, provisional pension, family pension or gratuity may be sanctioned to avoid hardship to the beneficiaries. Rule 65 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 may be taken into account for this purpose.
No. TA-3-6/3/2020-TA-III /CS-4308/127
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi ;
Subject: Timelines for completion of various activities in the process of authorisation of pension/family pension and gratuity on retirement on superannuation of a Government servant and death while in service.
Reference is invited to timeline prescribed for processing and payment of pension/family pension, gratuity and other retirement benefits prescribed under CCS (Pension) Rules and issued by DoP&PW and O/o CGA. It has been noticed that payment of retirement benefits is getting delayed in many cases and errors are also being reported in issuance of PPO.
2. In this regard, it is observed that PAO may receive number of pension/family pension cases where the pension forms are not properly filled and complete, particulars not furnished or authentication of HOO/DDO not given in the space provided, etc. These kinds of cases might have been returned to the concerned office for rectification/omissions which may result to delay in payment of pension/family pension. In this connection, it is advised that common errors noticed by PAO may be compiled and issued as internal guidelines. Accordingly, concerned HOO/DDOs may be advised to ensure due care while submitting pension/family pension cases to PAO so that pensioners/family pensioners get their dues well in time. PAOs may also be advised to fill all the columns of the PPO with due care.
3. It is further advised that, in case, delay is anticipated in payment of pension/family pension, gratuity to the beneficiary concerned, then sanctioning authority may sanction provisional pension/ family pension/gratuity to them, as per CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 so as to avoid hardship to the pensioner/family pensioner. In this matter, the provision enunciated under the Rule 65 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 may be taken into account.
4. In view of above, all the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (/Cs) of the respective Ministries/Departments are requested to ensure that pension/family pension cases are processed within the prescribed timelines.
Dy. Controller General of Accounts
Click to view the order in PDF
- Pension will credit by 30th of March 2020
- Notional Increment for Pensionary Benefits – Court Judgement on Annual Increment
- Alert to Pensioners – Beware of Fraud Calls – CPAO
- Revised Format of Identity Card for Railway Pensioners
- Providing Form 16 to all Central Govt Pensioners and Family Pensioners – CPAO
- Recovery of Excess Payment Made to Pensioners
- Nomination for Payment of Life-Time Arrears: Pensioners Portal Order 6.4.2022
- Non-Payment of retirement benefits due to verification of caste certificate – DoP&PW Circular
- Submission of Annual Life Certificate | PCDA(P) Circular No. 222
- Expeditious Settlement of Family Pension Cases by Banks: Clarification issued by CPAO
- Replacement of BSR Code with IFSC Code in E-Pension Debit Scrolls – Railway Board Orders 2021
- 31% Dearness Relief Orders for Central Govt Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Video-based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP) Methodology for Life Certificate
- Revised Rates of DA for Retired Railway Pensioners: Calculation of Gratuity and Leave encashment
- Submission of Life Certificate 2021: 1 to 30 November 2021 for Pensioners
- There is No Proposal to Revise the Period of Restoration of Commuted Pension
Leave a Reply