Indian Railways has taken a major decision to avoid gathering of the general public through travel by trains. All passenger train services are cancelled across the country till March 31 2020 due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Indian Railways also announced relaxation in refund rules. A full refund for all cancelled trains extended up to 21 June 2020. Don’t get hurry for cancellation and don’t rush to railway reservation counter.
Cancellation of all train Services by Indian Railways in the wake of COVID-19
In continuation of the measures taken in the wake of COVID-19, it has been decided that all passenger train services on Indian Railways including Premium trains, Mail/Express trains, Passenger trains, Suburban Trains, Kolkata Metro Rail, Konkan Railway etc shall be cancelled till the 2400hrs of 31.03.2020. However, bare minimum level of services of suburban trains and Kolkata Metro Rail shall continue upto 2400hrs of 22.03.2020.
Trains which had already commenced their journey, prior to 0400 hrs of 22.03.2020, will run up to their destinations. Adequate arrangements shall be made for the passengers, who have commenced their journey during the travel and at their destinations.
To ensure the essential supplies in various parts of the country, movement of goods trains will continue.
To make it more convenient for passengers, full refund for all cancelled trains may be taken till 21.06.2020. Adequate arrangements shall be made to facilitate hassle-free refund to passengers affected by train cancellations.
Hot Check: Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator
- Read: Central Govt Offices will function with skeletal staff till 31 March 2020 – Dopt
- Read: Central Govt Allows Consultant Staff to Work from Home – Dopt
- Read: Novel Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Imperative to Follow in all Training Institutes – Dopt
- Read: Coronavirus Alert – Central government offices will run till April 4 with 50 percent staff
- Read: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Preventive measures for Central Govt Employees – DoPT
- Read: Coronavirus: Biometric Attendance Temporarily Stopped in Central Govt Offices
- Read: Closing of Central Government Offices to Stop Spreading Coronavirus